Hurricane Irma check-in / status report

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I'm here in Gainesville in between the Oaks Mall and Butler Plaza. I just don't want to lose power. Holding out hope it goes a little east of here.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
SEE THE OFFICIAL RELEASE.

“Today, I am directing the closure of all public schools, state colleges, state universities and state offices for their normal activities effective Friday through Monday, to ensure we have every space available for sheltering and staging. Floridians are facing a life-threatening storm in Hurricane Irma, and every family must prepare to evacuate. Our state’s public schools serve a vital role in our communities as shelters for displaced residents and staging areas for hurricane recovery efforts. Closing public schools, state colleges, state universities and state offices will provide local and state emergency officials the flexibility necessary to support shelter and emergency response efforts.”

http://m.mynews13.com/content/mobil...ticles/cfn/2017/9/7/tropics_irma_continu.html

So does this force Fsu to cancel their easy win too? I hope like hell it does.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I believe so.

Time will tell, the slimy Noles and Jimbo will do anything to play this game I bet. With Miami coming next for them and now having to go with a backup QB, they very well could be staring at an 0-2 start as well. I know it will really look bad on them if they keep this game while the rest of the state is struggling to prepare for a catastrophe.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Please be safe all. We give each other crap all the time, but we're all Gators. Thoughts and prayers to all in the path.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hate hanging plywood on a two story house :mad: going to be a long day tomorrow...

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I may hit them up as Knob Creek is a favorite. I've never tried Blanton's but I hear good things.
Basil Hayden is also on sale at a decent price. But yeah, Knob Creek is good stuff, think it's $23 a bottle if you buy two

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
I'm in Lake County. Current track has the eye passing a few miles west of my house. I'm staying. We're not in a flood zone and I'm set on preps.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Currently in Gville. Not totally comfortable here, but no desire to spend 20 hours on the road with no real place to go. Total of 14 at my house right now with 4 more potentially. So yeah, about that bourbon...

Be safe, Gators.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ready to ride it out in Oviedo. Just got back from the Oviedo/Hagerty football game and the stands were packed. People are concerned but not panicked. The thing is, this is going to be worse than a lot of people think or can imagine. In talking with people who haven't been through a hurricane before it's obvious that they have no real understanding of the suck.

Here's an interesting illustration of what we're facing...

21367066_1785892384758610_1716075023015371923_o.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I may hit them up as Knob Creek is a favorite. I've never tried Blanton's but I hear good things.

Basil Hayden is also on sale at a decent price. But yeah, Knob Creek is good stuff, think it's $23 a bottle if you buy two

Blanton's(anything by Buffalo Trace) is ridiculous right now. Some award they won. So Blantons used to be like $55-60. Suddenly it's $85-90. Only a handful of places have kept their prices reasonable. It's solid, but hard to justify that spike.

Good to know, Alchy. Thanks. BH is my go to. Have a bottle and a half, but this storm looks like it could take more.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ready to ride it out in Oviedo. Just got back from the Oviedo/Hagerty football game and the stands were packed. People are concerned but not panicked. The thing is, this is going to be worse than a lot of people think or can imagine. In talking with people who haven't been through a hurricane before it's obvious that they have no real understanding of the suck.

And yet, some people wonder why the game is cancelled or not played tomorrow.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
tenor.gif
Blanton's(anything by Buffalo Trace) is ridiculous right now. Some award they won. So Blantons used to be like $55-60. Suddenly it's $85-90. Only a handful of places have kept their prices reasonable. It's solid, but hard to justify that spike.

Good to know, Alchy. Thanks. BH is my go to. Have a bottle and a half, but this storm looks like it could take more.
removed

Last edited by a moderator:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

The damage that Matthew did in terms of people's psyche is evident and seriously disturbing. The amount of people referencing that in comparison to Irma is insane. Even '04 was more an inconvenience than a devastation. Anyone who dealt with Andrew and/or the relief truly gets what these storms can do. Not sure anyone who didn't live through it really understands it. Really hope I'm wrong, but this looks bad.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Publix is usually a good place to catch Blanton, occasionally ABC. Yeah, Buffalo Trace stuff has gotten ridiculous, but ABC and Publix stay legit, along with Total Wine.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Orange Park, Fl. We aren't sure yet. We are watching for the evacuation order as I live on the water.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The damage that Matthew did in terms of people's psyche is evident and seriously disturbing. Even '04 was more an inconvenience than a devastation. Anyone who dealt with Andrew and/or the relief truly gets what these storms can do. Not sure anyone who didn't live through it really understands it. Really hope I'm wrong, but this looks bad.

04 was pretty bad where it came on shore about 130 mph both of them. I had no power for well over 2 weeks on one of the 2 that year. Not Andrew crazy however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator