Hurricane Michael

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Mexico Beach is still gone, flattened down to sand and tile floors. PC is slowly picking up the pieces every ad on TV still talking about the Hurricane and when their company will be out of their temporary location. Out on the Cape where we are a sh@tload of houses are uninhabitable and will have to be torn down because of mold. Most owners who didn't pull the reconstruction costs out of pocket are still in the insurance vs lawyer death spiral. The national media lost interest days after the disaster when the Cali fire happened and for the most part haven't shown much interest, other than to say the people in Florida don't seem to care about the panhandle, which is the result of piss-poor media coverage.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
no surprise to this response. you dont know jack about this area or the situation, sit this one out.
Well my dad lives up there, so I have a pretty good idea of the devastation. But if it’s truly some big ignore job being done by the “liberal media,” then surely the conservative media has been covering it in depth all this time? You know who’s in charge of FEMA funding, right? Spoiler alert: it ain’t CNN. So stop whining and blaming the media for everything, it’s so pathetic.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well my dad lives up there, so I have a pretty good idea of the devastation. But if it’s truly some big ignore job being done by the “liberal media,” then surely the conservative media has been covering it in depth all this time? You know who’s in charge of FEMA funding, right? Spoiler alert: it ain’t CNN. So stop whining and blaming the media for everything, it’s so pathetic.
nobody said anything about funding, the topic was about media coverage. Recovery funding comes from congressional bills being passed. Whats pathetic is weighing in on a topic you clearly dont know jack about.

Last edited:

hugh jassole

Feb 13, 2017
Rode this bad boy out in Lynn Haven. It was not fun. Lost my house and truck due to fallen pine trees. Lucky I did not lose my life. My home town of St Joe was devastated. Mexico beach completely wiped off of the map. Panama city will probably never be the same.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In July, we spent a week in Cape San Blas which got punched pretty hard. It was in much better shape than I was expecting. Plenty of homes were vaporized. Sadly, many homes looked like they still have not been touched since the storm. The actual dune line was pushed back about 50-100ft inland. Oddly, starting several miles inland, most of the pine trees were still standing... but they were all dead. The Cape got torn in half in the state park section and the end was turned into an island. We beached our sailboat in that area and they had that area already filled in. I dont know if that was a natural process or man-made.

But overall, I was pleased that tiny stretch of beautiful Florida was recovering.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Bay County is just now starting to rebuild their schools. Those guys got crunched. Something like 20 schools were inoperable at first and they were doing double shifts on the schools that were good to go.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It took 2-3 years before Pensacola turned the corner after Ivan.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
I heard that they are trying to bring the F22s back to Tyndall. I hope, if they do, that they berm around the hangers and point the doors north. If we can afford $150 million dollar airplanes, we can damn sure afford to send money on hangers to keep them safe.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I heard that they are trying to bring the F22s back to Tyndall. I hope, if they do, that they berm around the hangers and point the doors north. If we can afford $150 million dollar airplanes, we can damn sure afford to send money on hangers to keep them safe.

It’s a damn cyclone....north winds are just as strong. It all depends on what side of the eye you’re on and at what stage of passing. Dunn has just asked the Secretary of the Air Force to bring them back from Eglin until they are permanently relocated to Virginia, appx. 2 years and not a done deal at all.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
The Cape, what's left of Mexico Beach and Port St. Joe have finally gotten most of the destruction trash off the roadsides so they look a lot better. Michael slammed everybody on the mat like we have never seen before and these people have endured many hurricanes over the years. And yeah, media coverage was awful - this was total devastation over many miles that destroyed everything including nearly all their jobs throwing everybody in crisis from every angle. No home, no money, no job - Nothing left to do but flee to relatives in other towns. For some reason the networks' big boys just didn't see an interesting story in the demolishing of the Redneck Riviera.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The Cape, what's left of Mexico Beach and Port St. Joe have finally gotten most of the destruction trash off the roadsides so they look a lot better. Michael slammed everybody on the mat like we have never seen before and these people have endured many hurricanes over the years. And yeah, media coverage was awful - this was total devastation over many miles that destroyed everything including nearly all their jobs throwing everybody in crisis from every angle. No home, no money, no job - Nothing left to do but flee to relatives in other towns. For some reason the networks' big boys just didn't see an interesting story in the demolishing of the Redneck Riviera.
shhh... quiet, youlll trigger the mentally challenged one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.