Hurry back Luke....

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Dude c'mon!!! Nobody is stating that LDR is a superhero of a QB here....but anybody and I mean anybody who knows anything about football could see how bad Appleby played today. LDR probably would have put another 14-17 points on the board for us which still isn't great but it's a helluva lot better than what we saw today.

I too am in the Del Rio was bad against UNT and so why would I think he would be better than Appleby today.

I bet on that play where Calaway was open at the first down marker, this scared staff had told Appleby to only throw it in the endzone where if the WR did not get it it went out of bounds.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think LDR would have scored twice where AA didn'the Once on the overlooked check down to Callaway inside the 5 yardline and once to wide-open Goolsby just before the half on third down.
Agreed. It's not only individual plays like those but the timing of the throws effects the entire play. LDR just has a better feel for it.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I too am in the Del Rio was bad against UNT and so why would I think he would be better than Appleby today.
Well.....you're wrong....just watch the timing of the plays and throws for proof. Hell LDR would have dropped that dime to Calloway for a sure TD earlier in the game for certain....Of course AA over threw him by 25 yards.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Are y'all seriously convinced that we'd be way better with LDR still in?

Hopefully you get your wish, but they can start Jim jebow next week and it ain't gonna matter unless butters and nuss are watching at home from their television set.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dude c'mon!!! Nobody is stating that LDR is a superhero of a QB here....but anybody and I mean anybody who knows anything about football could see how bad Appleby played today. LDR probably would have put another 14-17 points on the board for us which still isn't great but it's a helluva lot better than what we saw today.
LDR looked awful against north Texas. Their defense is way worse than vandy's.

StPeteGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Luke-Laura-wedding-072715.jpg

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I feel like we forget that LDR played that UNT game without Callaway, Cleveland and Tyler Jordan. I'm still in "give him some time" mode. Is he Marino? No way. But is he better than the slop we have trotted out there over the last 4+ seasons? I think we can all agree he has the potential to be. Right now I just want to see our oline block anyone

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well.....you're wrong....just watch the timing of the plays and throws for proof. Hell LDR would have dropped that dime to Calloway for a sure TD earlier in the game for certain....Of course AA over threw him by 25 yards.

Drop a dime? How many dimes did he drop vs North Texas? Zero is the answer. The fact is, you don't know. But after today's performance I'm sure he'll be the starter vs. LSU.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Drop a dime? How many dimes did he drop vs North Texas? Zero is the answer. The fact is, you don't know. But after today's performance I'm sure he'll be the starter vs. LSU.
I mean, if you're going to point out a game he didn't drop dimes, at least acknowledge that he's done it this season against Kentucky. Hell, we put up more points against them than Bama did. LDR has some progress left to do, but we've seen what he's capable of. He's sure as hell a better option than Appleby, and don't even get me started on the derps calling for Franks or Trask right now.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
and don't even get me started on the derps calling for Franks or Trask right now.

Derp? Herp a Derp!?!! DERP A DERP!!!!

AA has me concerned, I'll pump sunshine until the sun goes down.....then pump moonshine.I didn't get to see all the plays (thank you SECN not on my fios package ( it recorded Alcorn State at ARK), thank you dear friends of ours that had your kids birthduh at 3PM. :monkey:Yeh, dance on my day with your monkey ass bowling party.

We have seen why AA didn't have QB1. I don't know debacles AA had (sacks, pass into coverage, or behind the LOS) when I was unable to watch.. I saw the 2nd, and part of the 3rd Qmaybe Only thing I see Luke bringing is knowledge of the plays. Luke has a bigger playbook, and is likely allowed some lee way in audibles. I admit it is looking like baby steps to get our offense functional, but with Luke it feels like we have full bottles in the fridge while AA is waiting patiently for someone to change his diaper.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
After being there in person I do think LDR would have made a slight difference in the scoring. I want to see what he can do with AC and Tyree in the game together. My perspective sitting behind the bench was Nuss does not have confidence in AA and combine that fact with Nuss' shyt calling of a game.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
No doubt that Luke has also struggled at times, I'm not denying that or hailing him as the next Joe Montana. Simply put he does not struggle as high of a percentage of the time as AA.
The biggest difference is in the timing especially regarding short 1st and 2nd down throws. AA is always a little late which effects the yardage gained on those 2-4 yard passes like the ones to Goolsby yesterday. If the ball gets there a tenth of a second sooner it allows the receiver to turn up the field and get another 3-4 yards after the catch. So instead of 2nd and 7 we are looking at 2nd and 2 or 3. This in turns opens up the playbook and makes the defense honor pass and run which in turn opens up both our longer passing ,play action, game and our running game.
Again LDR is not the be all and end all but he is probably 20-25% more efficient at operating this offense.

To the posters clamoring for Franks or Trask I ask you this, Would you rather finish this season 6-6 or possibly 9-4 or 10-3? I know we all only want NC's but the reality is WE ARE NOT a NC contender this year and probably not next either given the situation on defense and our physicality is mid level D1 at best.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt that Luke has also struggled at times, I'm not denying that or hailing him as the next Joe Montana. Simply put he does not struggle as high of a percentage of the time as AA.
The biggest difference is in the timing especially regarding short 1st and 2nd down throws. AA is always a little late which effects the yardage gained on those 2-4 yard passes like the ones to Goolsby yesterday. If the ball gets there a tenth of a second sooner it allows the receiver to turn up the field and get another 3-4 yards after the catch. So instead of 2nd and 7 we are looking at 2nd and 2 or 3. This in turns opens up the playbook and makes the defense honor pass and run which in turn opens up both our longer passing ,play action, game and our running game.
Again LDR is not the be all and end all but he is probably 20-25% more efficient at operating this offense.

To the posters clamoring for Franks or Trask I ask you this, Would you rather finish this season 6-6 or possibly 9-4 or 10-3? I know we all only want NC's but the reality is WE ARE NOT a NC contender this year and probably not next either given the situation on defense and our physicality is mid level D1 at best.

You will probably want to look at this post again after Saturday. Good defenses are going to shut this offense down easily. This is no different than 2014 with the early nice numbers against trash competition. Yes we may hit a couple of long passes a game but that will be the only difference from that mess we put on the field that year. That dink and dunk crap Del Rio was doing isn't going to move the ball good against teams like LSU.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You will probably want to look at this post again after Saturday. Good defenses are going to shut this offense down easily. This is no different than 2014 with the early nice numbers against trash competition. Yes we may hit a couple of long passes a game but that will be the only difference from that mess we put on the field that year. That dink and dunk crap Del Rio was doing isn't going to move the ball good against teams like LSU.
So stay with Driskel Part II ? Or put in a guy who threw 3 ints. in our spring game? No thank you. I'm not at all happy with the state of this team at this point but the options would be straight up suicide going into the rest of the season.

StPeteGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

After UGAs choke yesterday we basically have only a bowl game to play for as far as this years goals go, but a 9-4 or 10-3 season goes a much longer way toward helping with next years recruiting class than 6-6. Rebuilding teams need 3-4 strong recruiting classes in a row to get back.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So stay with Driskel Part II ? Or put in a guy who threw 3 ints. in our spring game? No thank you. I'm not at all happy with the state of this team at this point but the options would be straight up suicide going into the rest of the season.

No we are in a tough spot. I do agree with you not to throw a true freshman into this sh*t show. Let LDR and Appleby take the beating is my opinion until the freshman can come into a slightly better situation next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator