Founding Member
xk.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does this mean that his medical redshirt for vaginitis was declined and he needs to be back on the team?

Helmet, what is going on here?

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Quitter quitter chicken dinner!

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Leon Orr - last of the problem children from the Urban era. That last group of recruits had a real problem with authority and discipline. Leon held it together longer than some of the ones who got the boot in year one.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Did anyone hear that Bozo Mark Ryan on Tampa radio yesterday? He was saying that Orr should be reinstated based on a team vote... You can tell he never played football in his life!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n103359 said:
Did anyone hear that Bozo Mark Ryan on Tampa radio yesterday? He was saying that Orr should be reinstated based on a team vote... You can tell he never played football in his life!

I did, but I take nothing that Mark Ryan says seriously. He is a joke.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n103359 said:

That is how Les Miles did it with some of his problem players - asked the team should he be kicked off or not.

I actually think Muschamp would allow him to return after a few games if it wasn't right at the end of the season and he was not a senior.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n103363 said:
That is how Les Miles did it with some of his problem players - asked the team should he be kicked off or not.

I actually think Muschamp would allow him to return after a few games if it wasn't right at the end of the season and he was not a senior.
Of course then he would be criticized for letting the inmates run the asylum.

I agree with those who mentioned earlier that Muschamp would have been better off not commenting on the situation until both sides had a chance to cool off in order to give himself more flexibility. Now, he's painted himself into a corner and can't really go back on his decision even if he wanted to, without looking wishy-washy

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only way Orr could possibly come back is if the players came to the coaches and said that they wanted him back and talked about forgiveness and family and all that crap. Even then I seriously doubt Muschamp even considers it, but that's the only way. A piece in the Sun won't get it done, won't even get Muschamp to take a phone call.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
GMDGATOR;n103359 said:
I played a lot of organized football and this has been done by lots of coaches. The team knows who the good guys and bad guys are. They know family situations and the hardships people go through. Most of his team mates will tell you Neon Dion was a great team player and came to work everyday. Most of you just saw flash and dash.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n103411 said:
I played a lot of organized football and this has been done by lots of coaches. The team knows who the good guys and bad guys are. They know family situations and the hardships people go through. Most of his team mates will tell you Neon Dion was a great team player and came to work everyday. Most of you just saw flash and dash.

The question is has it been done after a player left his team hours before a game because he wasn't going to start. He didn't just not dress, he literally left. There has been a lot of things coaches have let the team vote on to allow a team member back on the team. Which should all be viewed on a case by case basis. And I know a number of people have played organized sports on this board, myself included. The question is if a teammate left hours before the game after giving the staff and ultimatium should he be allowed back on the team? Not any of the other scenarios we have seen played out multiple times before at UF and many other teams around the nation.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n103422 said:
The question is has it been done after a player left his team hours before a game because he wasn't going to start. He didn't just not dress, he literally left. There has been a lot of things coaches have let the team vote on to allow a team member back on the team. Which should all be viewed on a case by case basis. And I know a number of people have played organized sports on this board, myself included. The question is if a teammate left hours before the game after giving the staff and ultimatium should he be allowed back on the team? Not any of the other scenarios we have seen played out multiple times before at UF and many other teams around the nation.

How would the coach maintain ANY modicum of respect if he allowed Orr to do this and come back... If you ever did play, you know the worst thing you can do is quit!
you don't quit on a PLAY!
You don't quit on a quarter!
you don't quit on a half!
and you certainly do not quit before a game and take a bus home.... NEVER quitting is drilled into EVERY football player from Pop Warner on... He knows this as a 23 year old graduate.... He knew his consequences and now he must face them....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy;n103326 said:
Leon Orr - last of the problem children from the Urban era. That last group of recruits had a real problem with authority and discipline. Leon held it together longer than some of the ones who got the boot in year one.
Those punks also had a real problem winning championships.

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n103641 said:
Those punks also had a real problem winning championships.
Can't tell if you are serious. That last group did not win any championships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator