I was wrong about Will Grier

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I love, love, LOVE the way Mac is handling Grier. Post-game presser was fantastic "Defense was great, Offense was Ok but we have some stuff to clean up". He is an offensive perfectionist, and sees so much more potential that he isn't letting this kid get a big head, or off the hook for ANY mistakes. When someone asked about how well Grier improved he shuts it down IMMEDIATELY and deflects credit to all of the other players around him. When asked about 21 for 27, he says "when he sees the tape he will want those 6 misses back" LOL.

What is great is Grier gets it. In his presser after, he refused to take the bait on how well he played and put it all on his teammates, just like he should. I fully expect a stumble along the way (this is still the same team most thought would lose at least 4 games), but this has the makings of something really special.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The extra with Will Grier may be that he has a coach's mind in his grasp of what's happening on field.
I think he is a pragmatic leader and our guys are buying into him = Callaway & Grier's camaraderie, et. al.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n290852 said:
Good, not great throw, terrible help by the over the top safety. In film study Mac will break that down and tell him not to make that pass. Our D would've picked that off.
Maybe, but he saw that the safety was frozen for some reason (maybe there was something else going on like other verticals we can't see on the tv feed) and the CB was trailing. Sure the backfoot thing isn't what you want but the Grossman, Favres, and similar guys do this sort of thing and beat you with it. Big balls and a cannon along with a sharp eye are what make those guys who they are.

The other thing you have to remember that SOS used to say occasionally is that we don't mind sometimes throwing up 50/50 balls. The reason those guys are playing DB instead of WR is because they can't catch.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n291035 said:
Maybe, but he saw that the safety was frozen for some reason (maybe there was something else going on like other verticals we can't see on the tv feed) and the CB was trailing. Sure the backfoot thing isn't what you want but the Grossman, Favres, and similar guys do this sort of thing and beat you with it. Big balls and a cannon along with a sharp eye are what make those guys who they are.

This. You rarely see Aaron Rodgers set his feet anymore.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
:whistle: It ain't got that swing if you ain't got that sling.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Just as an aside, Grier is 35 of 47 for 412 yards & 6 touchdowns over his past 5 quarters,

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n290597 said:
His balls dropped in the 4th quarter last week. We got a man at QB now.

Enough balls were caught that they won?! :dunno:

:whistle:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kc, you did the right thing by eating the crow.

[video=youtube;WrjwaqZfjIY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY[/video]

Now, let's move on, celebrating this gem of a QB and the great results this staff has produced!

:chomp:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
KCgator;n290852 said:
Good, not great throw, terrible help by the over the top safety. In film study Mac will break that down and tell him not to make that pass. Our D would've picked that off.

On pure physical ability, it was an amazing throw. He threw it accurately well. The decision? D-Rob got behind them, but not by much. It required pinpoint accuracy which Grier pulled off. It is a gutsy throw. I disagree with you about Mac telling him not to make the throw. Saying it was just good is a gross understatement.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure he's gonna have his head-scratching moments moving forward and possibly even cost us a game or two with that gunslinger mentality, but he was lights out last night and I can't recall a better half of football from a UF QB ever. He's come a long way in a short amount of time and he's earned the job.

lrtx1

Dec 2, 2014
Just imagine where he would be if he didn't split first team snaps as long as he did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator