If Butters stays, who’s your pick for OC?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt any power 5 OC that wasn't part of a terminated staff will come here knowing Mac is on a very hot seat. They saw what happened in 14.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Write Kerwin bell a check and let him come home. If not, heard there’s a certain Florida legend that wouldn’t mind taking over responsibilities

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Maybe he promotes Seider and it makes a huge difference, agree that you won't find many proven guys wanting to take the gig knowing Mac will be on the hottest of seats. He could go after that Locksly again and offer it to him. Honestly I'm kind of doubting it will make much of a difference, Mac is the main problem.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Waiting for any and all Dumpers to chime in as our new OC...Swamp Donkey??

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Shoot, if Scott Frost goes to Nebraska, I'd take UCF's OC. Of course, USF is doing well and it's not like Charlie Strong is known for his offense so maybe that could work.

With that said, I'm not sure anyone we'd get could do worse. They could keep it the same, but at worse we drop like 3 spots in national total offense?

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Lynn Amadee

Too bad some of you younger Gator fans don't remember him.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Write Kerwin bell a check and let him come home. If not, heard there’s a certain Florida legend that wouldn’t mind taking over responsibilities

That would set up the possibility that Kerwin could step in as interim-HC or HC when Mac departs. No dispirited Gator teams with KB. Does more with less; how different is that?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I doubt any power 5 OC that wasn't part of a terminated staff will come here knowing Mac is on a very hot seat. They saw what happened in 14.

Agree....and a perfect example of a younger/up-and-coming OC is Lincoln Riley. He came from ECU. There are a ton of future stud head coaches that are OC's right now at smaller schools. Let's go find him!

I'd love to see Seider take over play calling. I'm sure he learned a few things from his WVU stint and has certainly seen what a 21st century college offense looks like. I'm not sure about him taking over as full-time OC after the season though. I'd rather they go find someone who's already doing it and proven they can put up 30+ ppg and 400+ ypg.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta love this choice. It's like being told your ex-wife is staying in the guest bedroom, now who do you wanna date?

How about Brent Pease so we can fast forward to freedom?

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I haven't heard Josh McDaniels as a possibility before, but I don't think a long-time NFL assistant is coming to college to be an assistant. He's only coming to town as the HC. Not sure what everyone would think about that given his failure as a HC at Denver, but I think it could actually be a good thing if he came. Young, energetic, knows offense, would probably be a great recruiter. Interesting thought.

BigClawsBrother

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2017
I haven't heard Josh McDaniels as a possibility before, but I don't think a long-time NFL assistant is coming to college to be an assistant. He's only coming to town as the HC. Not sure what everyone would think about that given his failure as a HC at Denver, but I think it could actually be a good thing if he came. Young, energetic, knows offense, would probably be a great recruiter. Interesting thought.

I’d love to get him as HC I think he could do big things here and he’s obviously got a good offense in New England.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator