If Mac gets fired next year who would you hire?

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't trace Armstrong Hermans agent? I say we use the gator card for influence. Deliver Tom or be scrubbed from the books.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Come on law, tell us who you would pick for Coach.
I said at the time, as there was no clear homerun hire, leave Durkin acting until there is a clear choice. It worked fine for Crackumbus State. I don't fantasize about NFL coaches or whatever, but UF should be able to do like Michigan and Bama and pick their top choice and give him an offer he cannot refuse. I don't know who that might be, as I don't have inside connections with coach agents to know who may actually be available. An AD worth 1.5 million a year--:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:--should though.

Mr. 21-17 wouldn't have been on top of my list even for the cheap, third tier list. If we wanted run it up the middle and average 5 losses a year, we could have kept Chimp.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I said at the time, as there was no clear homerun hire, leave Durkin acting until there is a clear choice. It worked fine for Crackumbus State. I don't fantasize about NFL coaches or whatever, but UF should be able to do like Michigan and Bama and pick their top choice and give him an offer he cannot refuse. I don't know who that might be, as I don't have inside connections with coach agents to know who may actually be available. An AD worth 1.5 million a year--:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:--should though.

Mr. 21-17 wouldn't have been on top of my list even for the cheap, third tier list. If we wanted run it up the middle and average 5 losses a year, we could have kept Chimp.
How would you feel about Petrino?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd take Petrino, I guess. It would be nice for him to understand that you have to play defense also. But Spurrier was the same way at first.

Ive always liked Fedora. In a year, Durkin might look like a legit candidate.

Generally, someone who throws 50/50 and attacks. If it has to be a spread guy, then someone who integrates more vertical passing like Tommy Bowden/Rich Rod/Jimbo Bowden Bastard, certainly not a run guy or one of those 3 yard pass Mumme/Pirate/Holgerson types.

Last edited:

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
One would think. But that's not the case anymore. Clemson over the last 5 years or so is definitely a superior program in comparison to us. Saying "we are Florida" doesn't work anymore. We can't keep living off our name and the past and expect to be good. It doesn't work that way.
Clemson has been the superior team, not program. We are easily the superior program. Much better talent pool, more money, better academics, better history, better conference and name brand.

Our incompetent AD has made bad hires that has hurt our program and refused to upgrade our facilities until Mac made him.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Can't lower expectations next year for Mac because the holes are his fault. He failed to recruit DTs his first 2 classes and didn't recruit enough linebacker talent. Also he had a subpar db class last year. Had he hit pulled in serious talent at dt and db last class we would have been in much better position next year.

I don't give coaches passes because they don't have enough players because they failed to recruit them. Also he whiffed on Eason, Francois and lamar Jackson. Once again all his fault.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For the longest time, we just assumed we could wave the Florida job out there and marquee names would come flocking, and yet when it came time, in 2010 and 2014, it didn't happen.

The college football arms race has never been more competitive. Hell, even Miami is looking good with the hiring of Richt. We aren't the Florida of 2006-2009 when it comes to stature. We can't afford any more colossal mistakes.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ive always liked Fedora. In a year, Durkin might look like a legit candidate.

Fedora was a very good OC when he was here, and has been a solid head coach at a second tier P5 school. Match him with a DC with talent we should be pulling in at Florida it would be really interesting...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For the longest time, we just assumed we could wave the Florida job out there and marquee names would come flocking, and yet when it came time, in 2010 and 2014, it didn't happen
Or in 2001.

Fooley always thought he was the reason for the success and that people would jump to work for him. Florida recruited itself and it was our superior talent that made coaches look good, not the other way around. He also thought coaches therefore should jump at the chance therefore we shouldnt have to pay much. A little more than Bammer pays coordinators or midmajors pay HCs should be good enough.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fedora was a very good OC when he was here, and has been a solid head coach at a second tier P5 school. Match him with a DC with talent we should be pulling in at Florida it would be really interesting...
I'd be happy with fedora and chizik as his dc. Chizik is a lights out recruiter and a decent coordinator.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Interesting to note that the last year Fedora was here (Leak's sophomore year), was the last time we had a consistent vertical passing game. (if my memory serves me correct). I think Fedora would be excellent at UF.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
New coach? My 2 month old son would be great!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting to note that the last year Fedora was here (Leak's sophomore year), was the last time we had a consistent vertical passing game. (if my memory serves me correct). I think Fedora would be excellent at UF.

It was. Also one of only 2 3000 yard seasons we have had since Grossman left.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Fedora+ a monster DC would be a great choice. Fedora turned around and won at southern miss and now at NC. That's 2 different programs which makes him a low risk hire. He beats Miami and FSU with NC talent.

Offensive guy as well. If Mac does get fired it would probably be next season or maybe the season after that... Giving us even more time to evaluate fedora at NC

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fedora+ a monster DC would be a great choice. Fedora turned around and won at southern miss and now at NC. That's 2 different programs which makes him a low risk hire. He beats Miami and FSU with NC talent.

Offensive guy as well. If Mac does get fired it would probably be next season or maybe the season after that... Giving us even more time to evaluate fedora at NC
I wouldn't be surprised if someone hired fedora this off season

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator