If Mac gets fired next year who would you hire?

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
You have more faith right now than I do. Not sure what its based on.
I have seen a lot of Gator Football, and I used to be the guy that thinks one loss means we are done. I can now snatch the pebble from the hand of my master, therefore I know a loss is not a failure rather a learning point.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We were depleted on a talent stand point on the Offense. That was the doing of our last HC., and Mac was still able to bring us to Atlanta. If we do only win 7-8 games I will not be burning couches or starting websites; hell I think we only win 7-9 next year. Now I think we are better on Offense next year, but we will have some holes to fill at LB and DL. That will hurt us. This year with MIZZU and FSUs struggles, I think we are competitive in both of those games, but I think we lose one of those games. I am pumping that we win against LSU; with no improvements (I think you will see some this weekend though) I believe we are going to lose to ARK, and we beat UGLY. From my count I think we finish with 3 losses, but we win our bowl game. That would give us 10 wins.

You are basically giving him the benefit of the doubt until year 4. That's when you will finally expect results from the $20+ mill we will have invested in Mac and Co. Wow. Pretty low bar my friend...pretty low bar.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
Even as someone who once thought Mac was fer sure the guy kinda hard to see this season and not have some doubts. His staff is mediocre is my worst part he needs to upgrade that bad if he wants to regain everyones confidence and get some damn blocking on that OL

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
You are basically giving him the benefit of the doubt until year 4. That's when you will finally expect results from the $20+ mill we will have invested in Mac and Co. Wow. Pretty low bar my friend...pretty low bar.
I grew up when 8 wins was a great season. When SOS got here we were spoiled and rightfully so. Yes I want to win 12 plus games every year, but I also know when a great coach leaves it usually takes 2 plus coaches to right the ship. I haven't given up on Mac, he got a lot of respect from me winning the East when were supposed to lose. I think we are on track for 10 wins this year and that's a decent year. Next year we may struggle on Defense, but I think our Offense will be improved. Therefore I think it looks like 2018 is his best year to bring us a Championship. Look we have two transfer QBs, Mac had really a year and a half of recruitment, and he inherited an OL that couldn't start at GHS. There were a lot of holes that needed to be filled, he his working that IMHO. Would I like to see more production? Hell Yes! However I know you cannot do that overnight in the SEC. I will ride the train until there is more evidence. The only way I would change my mind is if we don't win 6 games this year.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I grew up when 8 wins was a great season. When SOS got here we were spoiled and rightfully so. Yes I want to win 12 plus games every year, but I also know when a great coach leaves it usually takes 2 plus coaches to right the ship. I haven't given up on Mac, he got a lot of respect from me winning the East when were supposed to lose. I think we are on track for 10 wins this year and that's a decent year. Next year we may struggle on Defense, but I think our Offense will be improved. Therefore I think it looks like 2018 is his best year to bring us a Championship. Look we have two transfer QBs, Mac had really a year and a half of recruitment, and he inherited an OL that couldn't start at GHS. There were a lot of holes that needed to be filled, he his working that IMHO. Would I like to see more production? Hell Yes! However I know you cannot do that overnight in the SEC. I will ride the train until there is more evidence. The only way I would change my mind is if we don't win 6 games this year.
I completely respect your opinion. 6-6 and you'd still feel the same? Yeah, we agree to disagree. 6-6 in any year here is a complete failure by a coaching staff. Ten wins last year against the worst East of all-time was not some huge accomplishment. Especially after the way the season ended. For someone claiming to be able to win with his dog at QB, he looked out of his league against decent competition. Right now, as of today..Mac looks like he is in over his head on all fronts...coaching, recruiting, etc. That being said, giving someone a 4th year to further screw up the program is bad...very bad. I hope Stricklin sees Mac for who he is...an average Mid-major coach.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I completely respect your opinion. 6-6 and you'd still feel the same? Yeah, we agree to disagree. 6-6 in any year here is a complete failure by a coaching staff. Ten wins last year against the worst East of all-time was not some huge accomplishment. Especially after the way the season ended. For someone claiming to be able to win with his dog at QB, he looked out of his league against decent competition. Right now, as of today..Mac looks like he is in over his head on all fronts...coaching, recruiting, etc. That being said, giving someone a 4th year to further screw up the program is bad...very bad. I hope Stricklin sees Mac for who he is...an average Mid-major coach.
Yes 6-6 is a failure. I would be really worried and would put the O&B glasses on my Forehead instead over my eyes. We have to beat at least one of our remaining rivals this year (UGLY or F$U). If we don't, that is when I start to worry. I think we can beat both of them, but a lot can happen between now and then.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think 2018 will be his make or break year because then it would be all of his players. As for proving something to me, he did it last year with the lack of talent on the offense.

He showed me enough to give him till 2018. He needs to beef up the OL (LBs and DL next year), and I think we will be able to compete for SECC. I believe that the 4 and 5*s are coming. He has built a foundation and we will see the winds of change coming our way. We are in a lot better hands with Mac than Mischimp. The "experts" said we would win 7-8 games this year. I believe that we win 10 maybe more. That is good enough to keep your job for at least 2 more years.

I care less about the record this year (although I would love 10 wins) than I do about the team looking more competent offensively. The last 6 quarters of football were no better than what we experienced under Muschamp. The OL has not improved. I get that he has only had two year, but even he says being young is not an excuse. I have a feeling we are going to get destroyed by LSU this week. Our DL was under performing when healthy and now they are injured. LSU is a big physical team they are going to run all over us and I don't have any faith in our OL's ability to block LSU (run or pass)...

How do you see us getting to 10 wins? Right now I see us losing to LSU, UGA and FSU... that is 8-4 right? Shoot... based on what I have seen the past two weeks we probably lose to Arkansas also... 7-5 and not beating any good teams...?

So if we are 7-5 and then in 2017 we are 8-4... you think he gets another year? I don't think he does, unless he has brought in top 5 recruiting classes to show that change is coming, but we haven't seen anything that shows he is going to bring in a top 5 recruiting class. He didn't even bring in a Top 10 recruiting class last year and there is absolutely no excuse for not having a Top 10 recruiting class in your 2nd year at UF.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I care less about the record this year (although I would love 10 wins) than I do about the team looking more competent offensively. The last 6 quarters of football were no better than what we experienced under Muschamp. The OL has not improved. I get that he has only had two year, but even he says being young is not an excuse. I have a feeling we are going to get destroyed by LSU this week. Our DL was under performing when healthy and now they are injured. LSU is a big physical team they are going to run all over us and I don't have any faith in our OL's ability to block LSU (run or pass)...

How do you see us getting to 10 wins? Right now I see us losing to LSU, UGA and FSU... that is 8-4 right? Shoot... based on what I have seen the past two weeks we probably lose to Arkansas also... 7-5 and not beating any good teams...?

So if we are 7-5 and then in 2017 we are 8-4... you think he gets another year? I don't think he does, unless he has brought in top 5 recruiting classes to show that change is coming, but we haven't seen anything that shows he is going to bring in a top 5 recruiting class. He didn't even bring in a Top 10 recruiting class last year and there is absolutely no excuse for not having a Top 10 recruiting class in your 2nd year at UF.
Look I understand that you are worried that we are coming in hurting against LSU, and their one great game this year was against a sub par MIZZU team makes them look big and scary. I compare MIZZU to Kentucky, and when they meet in a few weeks you too will see it. If a Auburn defense can beat LSU, I think our bruised up D can as well. Their QB situation is worse than ours...at least we were smart and sent our Harris packing, and I now know why the Purdue QBs are elsewhere. I have not seen anything that impressed me with LSU. They are what we thought they were. A run first team. Hell they should've lost to MISS ST who is the worst in the west.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Trump... he will make Gator Football Great Again...

:trump:
Some jackass kept posting a picture of him in the chatbox during the Vandy game. I came thisclose to breaking my laptop screen every single time. Such a punchable face.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That gif is funny though. My excessive use of it was one of the reasons it was turned into an emote here. Posting his gross face in the chat box during a game just isn't right.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
A whiteboard just wept somewhere

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Why doesn't Dabo Swinney ever get mentioned. Is he firmly entrenched or is there something about him people don't like? I don't watch Clemson much but he seems like a likeable young guy who recruits well...maybe I'm missing something.

Right we certainly need more UAL blood in this program. Starting from Charlie Pell emulating the cheatest program in college football history has worked so well. No sense in not going for the trifecta of UAL related coaches.

My view is that if all you think of UF is that it should emulate a poor program like UAL, you are not much of a UF fan.

gooneygoogoo

Dec 3, 2015
Right we certainly need more UAL blood in this program. Starting from Charlie Pell emulating the cheatest program in college football history has worked so well. No sense in not going for the trifecta of UAL related coaches.

My view is that if all you think of UF is that it should emulate a poor program like UAL, you are not much of a UF fan.
Yeah, I don't give a damn where a guy comes from as long as he brings an exciting brand of football, wins games, recruits well, and doesn't break the rules. As far as I know Dabo checks those boxes, but like I said, maybe I'm missing something. If we started eliminating candidates just because they come from Bama or any other team we don't like, the pickins get pretty slim.

I'm not saying he's the guy or even that Mac should go, just wondering why his name never really comes up. To me, the fact that he's a Bama guy isn't a good enough reason. And I never said we should emulate anyone at all.

Oh and as for my Fandom...I think I'm ok seeing as I'm the third generation of my family to graduate from UF and this is our 30th year having season tickets living in Atlanta and making the drive at least 4 times per year plus going to 1 or 2 away games every year haha.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, why would a guy leave a cush job at Clempson where he gets anything and everything he wants to and has a two game schedule, do a total rebuild at a university known for by the most chintzy in the SEC? It might well take us a decade to get our facilities up to Clempson's current standards and obviously they aren't sitting still.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator