If Muschamp had never been fired, where would our program be?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Based on....?

The 2014 SECE Champ was beaten 34-0 at home by uga just weeks after losing to 4-8 Indiana.

To be clear, I'm not saying it was tougher per se. I just don't agree that it was worse by any significant margin. And keep in mind, while I didn't rush out to buy the shirt, JM did actually win the division by several games in each of those seasons, where as WM failed to do any better than 2nd, finishing 3rd, 4th and 3rd the other seasons. As I said, there's nothing of substance that says the East was way better during WM's time, with 2012 as the outlier.

I just showed you how much better the top teams overall were in the East in SEC play compared to Mac's joke East winning seasons.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you realize how much weve spent on shytty 3rd tier or 4th tier coaches since 2010?

We are paying Chimp and Butters over 4 mil each and Mullinz 6. And several coordinators over a mil.

15 million or so THIS YEAR. We could have lured Belichick with the money weve wasted.

Saban and Belichick make around 8 mil a year. We could have ALMOST had Saban AND Belichick.

Man that Fooley sure knows how to bargain shop. What an AD.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I just showed you how much better the top teams overall were in the East in SEC play compared to Mac's joke East winning seasons.

Ok. Based on one metric. You could argue it a host of different ways. Personally, the East has always been UF, then ut and/or uga. Any time someone other than that wins the division, it's because at least 2 of those 3 are down, and basically someone had to be crowned. That was the case in 2 of WM's years ('13 and '14). But again, I'm not stating that it was tougher in JM's three years, nor am I saying there isn't a valid argument that WM may have had it slightly tougher. Maybe it was. So one guy won a bad East(by 2 games mind you) while the other guy averaged placing 3rd in a tougher stretch. There's literally no way to definitively say either had more success or would've been a better long term candidate, which is what the original question of the OP was. They're both terrible coaches who did irreparable harm to UF and should face prison, plus disgorgement for their ill gotten gains. Distinguishing between them with any certainty is impossible.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some advice to my younger Gator friends. Grow older, chill out. The wins and losses won't seem so life and death. This is one instance where the destination matters more than the trip.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some advice to my younger Gator friends. Grow older, chill out. The wins and losses won't seem so life and death. This is one instance where the destination matters more than the trip.
Quitter.

You're transforming into one of those 0-10-1 get off my lawns types as we speak.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Quitter.

You're transforming into one of those 0-10-1 get off my lawns types as we speak.
Forgive me. It was a serene moment of reflection while I sipped a glass of chardonnay and gazed out the restaurant window at the calm, calm water.

I'm back at home now. I've gathered myself and re-assessed my priorities in life. I can feel my heart beating in my chest. I feel sick to my stomach. We suck, we suck bad, AND I CANT TAKE ANY MORE OF IT.
f3bec2ebd192ec9473f426aed13b9615.jpg

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
misery loves company...........and the company you keep.............
'm back at home now. I've gathered myself and re-assessed my priorities in life. I can feel my heart beating in my chest. I feel sick to my stomach. We suck, we suck bad, AND I CANT TAKE ANY MORE OF IT.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Do you remember the Jax State game in 2012, when Brissett was given the reigns for the injured Driskel?

JB went to high school 10 minutes from me, and I was thrilled that we landed him, so that's not a knock on him. But when he had his chance to shine, he simply did not, and that was because of WM's system and mindset. It wouldn't have mattered who got the nod at QB as long as WM was roaming the sidelines. The best move he ever made was bailing and going elsewhere. He, along with all the other signal callers, was destined to fail under WM.

I’ve known Jacoby since he was in the 5th grade at St Ann’s. I don’t disagree with your premise other than to say that while he did not play well against Jax State had he been given the same opportunity as JD (say 3-4 games as the starter) JD would never have seen meaningful minutes again.

I do agree transferring was in his best interest.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just askin'. Would it be better or worse?

A better question would be what if Foley didn’t hire that jackass to begin with? What if instead of trying to be Saban light he tried to keep what Meyer built here and hired an offensive guy that didn’t suck

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac left our roster in slightly better shape. I'd give mac a very slight edge over muschamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator