I'm done watching the NFL

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a Bucs fan but I get weary of hearing every commentator slobber over Winston the entire game as if his off the field conduct never happened.
After the way the industry treated Tebow, who by all accounts should have been embraced....then to turn around and praise people like Winston and Newton. It makes the NFL difficult to enjoy for me.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Free agency killed the NFL for me years ago. I will watch after CFB season is over(playoffs) but it is of casual interested at the most and I'll never sit through an entire game. This is coming from someone who's entire Sunday's used to be consumed with the NFL.

Agree. Free Agency rules changes in the 90's ruined the NFL. When a player like Dion Sanders is playing for SF one year then the Cowboys the next year it became a joke. "back in the day" (for me, the late 70's & 80's) these guys hated each other and played for the same team their entire careers (unless they were traded or released). The money has ruined most pro sports and makes it unaffordable.

I went to the Pats/Giants game in NY (actually NJ) last year. We took the train from DC ($125), stayed 2 nights in the city, tickets were $425/each, Uber to the game $125, Uber back from the game $250, plus food, beer, etc. It was a $1200+ trip (x 4 people)! Never again!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a Bucs fan but I get weary of hearing every commentator slobber over Winston the entire game as if his off the field conduct never happened.
After the way the industry treated Tebow, who by all accounts should have been embraced....then to turn around and praise people like Winston and Newton. It makes the NFL difficult to enjoy for me.

It was a bad weekend for current and Former FSU quarterbacks against teams called the Cardinals.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I have been talking about the demise of the NFL for years. I have always though these guys are over paid for what they contribute to society. Give civil servants/teachers more money for what they provide. I stopped watching in the 90's. really awesome having sunday's open.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I can't even stomach the Super Bowl anymore. For years it's been more about commercials and halftime shows than live football. Who will have the funniest or most noteworthy commercial? Who will perform the halftime show and will she have a wardrobe malfunction or make a political statement? How long will it take to clear the fog of fireworks smoke after halftime?

IMHO, the best Super Bowls were the earlier ones that minimized the superfluous showmanship and maximized football. Colts - Jets comes to mind when Willie Joe guaranteed victory and everybody snickered at the idea of the mighty Colts losing to that poor excuse for a team called the Jets.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I like the NFL. I watch it as much as I do college football. This weekend might have been it though. I'm not jumping off the Jags bandwagon. Gus and Co. threw me off with their vomit-inducing performance yesterday.

I agree with Lake Gator. I don't watch the Super Bowl any more due to all the reasons he mentioned. I want to watch football. I don't want to see or hear some trashy halftime show from a garbage artist whose singing makes my ears bleed. As for the commercials? There is a reason I watch very little TV any more and why I have adblock.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Agree. Free Agency rules changes in the 90's ruined the NFL. When a player like Dion Sanders is playing for SF one year then the Cowboys the next year it became a joke. "back in the day" (for me, the late 70's & 80's) these guys hated each other and played for the same team their entire careers (unless they were traded or released). The money has ruined most pro sports and makes it unaffordable.

I went to the Pats/Giants game in NY (actually NJ) last year. We took the train from DC ($125), stayed 2 nights in the city, tickets were $425/each, Uber to the game $125, Uber back from the game $250, plus food, beer, etc. It was a $1200+ trip (x 4 people)! Never again!
It used to be that you rooted for a group of players, or a city if you were from there....now it's just .....uninteresting. I'm not from an NFL city and I despise overpayed idiots that don't respect their bosses or organization. How many of you can have a good 4 months at work and demand multi millions in raises???

I'm not trying to blanket every player in the league today but the bad/greedy surely seem to outweigh the guys who are passionate about just playing the game and getting paid pretty good damned money for it...

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
:wellbye:

Y'all gotta get in on fantasy football. It changes everything.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:wellbye:

Y'all gotta get in on fantasy football. It changes everything.
I'm in two leagues. I've told them I'm out. FF is just one more thing looking back that has ruined the NFL. Puts even more emphasis on individual players rather than team accomplishments.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'm in two leagues. I've told them I'm out. FF is just one more thing looking back that has ruined the NFL. Puts even more emphasis on individual players rather than team accomplishments.

I don't disagree with that. If it weren't for FF I wouldn't be that interested either, though I am becoming more of a Jags fan (believe it or not). Pro sports <<<< College sports

Still love my Sunday's though!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That's my main argument about FF, aside from the fact that it's annoying as f*ck to hear people talk about it.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They just announced that Eagles players will be holding their fists up during the NA. I'm getting really sick of this crap. Great that you want to protest but do it on your own time. This is not your stage to protest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator