It was just a matter of time

How would you grade the Gators performance?

• B

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • C

Votes: 48 42.1%
  • D

Votes: 54 47.4%
  • F

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It’s why I thought Polite would be a big factor in the game, better or worse. Unfortunately, it was his being a non-factor that was the difference.

Not just Polite, but the entire defense really. They are not good enough just to line up and think they are going to stop a team at any time. Sure they bring their lunch pails when backed up against the wall, but just lolly-gag when the opponent has the length of the field to drive. Think 2 drives in a row by UGA today. Think 95 yard drive by Vandy last game. they need to lunch pail it every series!!!!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not just Polite, but the entire defense really. They are not good enough just to line up and think they are going to stop a team at any time. Sure they bring their lunch pails when backed up against the wall, but just lolly-gag when the opponent has the length of the field to drive. Think 2 drives in a row by UGA today. Think 95 yard drive by Vandy last game. they need to lunch pail it every series!!!!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I do know NV put a wad of cash down on UF before the game. He's pissed, and I don't blame him.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I'm so excited!
It sucks losing, but we were never really a playoff contender. I came into this season wanting to see progress and progress is what I've gotten. Not once during the game did I think the players stopped competing. They fought hard. They made some mistakes that, if avoided, would have made it a more competitive game. But, in the end, they just weren't good enough.

But boys, I think Emory is the real deal. Is he a top flight QB? I don't know. But I think he's gonna be perfect in this offense. Maybe Mullen's best QB to date.
This team is gonna be ridiculous next year. Next season we're gonna be back to kicking ass and taking names.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You okay, man? You seem out of sorts.
I’m fine. As Ox said, I lost dough. That aside, I think it’s a pitiful excuse to blame a talent gap. Our talent gap beat LSU. We lost to Kentucky but supposedly we are far superior in talent to them.

We didn’t execute. Franks isn’t a great QB. TOs cost us and we didn’t force any. Defense was blah and there wasn’t any pressure. Game plan was to make Fromm beat us and he destroyed us but the tune here is we aren’t talented. Go figure.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m fine. As Ox said, I lost dough. That aside, I think it’s a pitiful excuse to blame a talent gap. Our talent gap beat LSU. We lost to Kentucky but supposedly we are far superior in talent to them.

We didn’t execute. Franks isn’t a great QB. TOs cost us and we didn’t force any. Defense was blah and there wasn’t any pressure. Game plan was to make Fromm beat us and he destroyed us but the tune here is we aren’t talented. Go figure.
It's simple. We made more mistakes, esp early.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
B fcvking S but whatevs.

I don’t like whatevs.

So Resse had two other SEC offers, vols and UK.

Joseph was pursued by Usce and then Alabama near the end as a backup plan.

Polite had offers from Aub, tenn, Usce and MSU.

Zuniga had Arkansas and uga.

Do we really want to get into the secondary outside of Stewart and Henderson, or the OL?

I’m not dismissing blame form coaches but we entered the season with a unanimous contention that we had less talent than any other team in recent years. Mullen and Co have maximized it beyond our imaginations and have made some mistakes as well. But pretending we didn’t have serious holes coming in is crazy.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, fine. My ribs were over cooked. There. I said it.
:lol:
Man nobody said our guys can’t start for Vandy or Scar. But you’re kidding yourself if you think very many of the players we had out there would be starting for the good teams in the league.

There are really only two things that matter....having good players and having good coaching. I didn’t see much to criticize with the coaching today, so there you go. The kids are the ones who have to throw and catch and block and tackle.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To win the big games it’s clear as day. You need the cream of the crop at QB. The pups have two guys we could have won with today . That and obnoxious turnovers were the difference .

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think the coaching staff has extracted just about every ounce of juice it can out of this turbo 4. Let's see what happens when it tries driving a V-8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.