It was just a matter of time

How would you grade the Gators performance?

• B

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • C

Votes: 48 42.1%
  • D

Votes: 54 47.4%
  • F

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Never in my life and I'm sure never in history were we relegated to taking Sunbelt players. Every now and then we'd take a commit from Kintucky, Indiana, Vandy, Wake, Gamecucks, or whomever, but we NEVER were forced to steal Sunbelt commits.

We have 2-3 dozen now.

I don't know where some of you have been.

Geeze...Im sorry I called you a pumper. It caused you to drink more...

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
you line made me think of this one.............
13kxlv.jpg

He’s Jarndyce.
I THINK you nailed it, augusta,
Jarndyce v Jarndyce) is a fictional court case in Bleak House (1852-3) by Charles Dickens, progressing in the English Court of Chancery. The case is a central plot device in the novel and has become a byword for seemingly interminable legal proceedings.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t like whatevs.

So Resse had two other SEC offers, vols and UK.

Joseph was pursued by Usce and then Alabama near the end as a backup plan.

Polite had offers from Aub, tenn, Usce and MSU.

Zuniga had Arkansas and uga.

Do we really want to get into the secondary outside of Stewart and Henderson, or the OL?

I’m not dismissing blame form coaches but we entered the season with a unanimous contention that we had less talent than any other team in recent years. Mullen and Co have maximized it beyond our imaginations and have made some mistakes as well. But pretending we didn’t have serious holes coming in is crazy.

soflagato, you're correct. MooseDump only recruited defensive players who are long gone and Butters was absolutely terrible at recruiting. Georgia beat us, simply put, because they have much better talent and they recognized mismatches. Dan is going to have to significantly improve recruiting to catch up with Georgia and Bama. I do not think Dan can recruit well enough with this current staff. We need to significantly upgrade the line of scrimmage recruiting and overall front seven recruiting on Defense. Dan needs to make some serious changes to this coaching staff to better position coaches, and better recruiters.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
soflagato, you're correct. MooseDump only recruited defensive players who are long gone and Butters was absolutely terrible at recruiting. Georgia beat us, simply put, because they have much better talent and they recognized mismatches. Dan is going to have to significantly improve recruiting to catch up with Georgia and Bama. I do not think Dan can recruit well enough with this current staff. We need to significantly upgrade the line of scrimmage recruiting and overall front seven recruiting on Defense. Dan needs to make some serious changes to this coaching staff to better position coaches, and better recruiters.
I truly believe that Kirby is Richt 2.0 for them. Once we get the talent level back where it should be at UF, they’ll be relegated to being 2nd in the east again for the foreseeable future. Kirby seems to be a decent recruiter, but a bad gameday coach. If you look at their recent losses under him, they’ve all been because of bad(conservative) coaching in the second half. Auburn and Bama last year, LSU this year. Saban or Swinney coaching that talented UGay team last Sunday would’ve had that game in the bag by the half. That’s not a knock on Dan or the players we have, they are who they are, and outside of the aforementioned coaches, I can’t think of anyone else that would’ve had us in that game until the 4th quarter. Do I mean that Mullen is the 3rd best coach in the country? No, but he’s definitely making the best out of a bad situation and the kids are playing above their god given ability right now.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I truly believe that Kirby is Richt 2.0 for them. Once we get the talent level back where it should be at UF, they’ll be relegated to being 2nd in the east again for the foreseeable future. Kirby seems to be a decent recruiter, but a bad gameday coach. If you look at their recent losses under him, they’ve all been because of bad(conservative) coaching in the second half. Auburn and Bama last year, LSU this year. Saban or Swinney coaching that talented UGay team last Sunday would’ve had that game in the bag by the half. That’s not a knock on Dan or the players we have, they are who they are, and outside of the aforementioned coaches, I can’t think of anyone else that would’ve had us in that game until the 4th quarter. Do I mean that Mullen is the 3rd best coach in the country? No, but he’s definitely making the best out of a bad situation and the kids are playing above their god given ability right now.
You made my point for me. KIrby and staff are not even close to being great coaches. They have great talent compared to other teams. I am not sure if Dan is the right guy, or not, as he is aided this season by the weakest schedule we have had in 40 + seasons.

However, as I previously stated we cannot continue to recruit at a 15 - 20 level and catch up to Georgia and Bama. Dan was here when Meyer was top 5 every year, except his first year, and we need to get back to that level. Dan is going to have to change much of the current staff as they are, in my opinion, not great position coaches and even worse recruiters. Swamp Donkey is correct, we have far too many scholarship players on the team who would be back-ups at Mid America Conference type schools. Simply put Dan must significantly improve recruiting...

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
You made my point for me. KIrby and staff are not even close to being great coaches. They have great talent compared to other teams. I am not sure if Dan is the right guy, or not, as he is aided this season by the weakest schedule we have had in 40 + seasons.

However, as I previously stated we cannot continue to recruit at a 15 - 20 level and catch up to Georgia and Bama. Dan was here when Meyer was top 5 every year, except his first year, and we need to get back to that level. Dan is going to have to change much of the current staff as they are, in my opinion, not great position coaches and even worse recruiters. Swamp Donkey is correct, we have far too many scholarship players on the team who would be back-ups at Mid America Conference type schools. Simply put Dan must significantly improve recruiting...
I was agreeing with you.....need better recruiting, which comes with better position coaches/staff.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
The Mizzou game has nothing to do with a talent gap. It’s just our players playing like ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator