It's All About the Money

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Sullivan just got a 10 yr deal with a 500k buyout for each year left on it. For a sport that loses a $1M dollars a year. A Foley goodbye gift. Smh.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
What about how we compare to Fsu on these specific numbers, I bet they are outspending us in these areas as well. Which should never happen, but then again we should not be so low in these numbers to begin with. Thanks Jeremy!

Since Barnum and Bailey's is closing, some of their big alumni donations are sure to drop off some.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sullivan just got a 10 yr deal with a 500k buyout for each year left on it. For a sport that loses a $1M dollars a year. A Foley goodbye gift. Smh.

Yep what a joke for a sport that brings no money in and literally nobody even watches unless its the college world series. Something tells me those boosters would have still gave a lot to the program even if it wasn't written up to act like that is mostly just to cover this nutty coaching cost.

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015
Something tells me those boosters would have still gave a lot to the program even if it wasn't written up to act like that is mostly just to cover this nutty coaching cost.

If by "program" you mean the athletic department or anything except baseball, no, they wouldn't have.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Capital contributions are major gifts designated by the donors for facility construction, renovations and equipment purchases.

2012 Capital Contributions
FSU $8,260,295
Florida $7,985,000

2013 Capital Contributions
Florida $11,298,000
FSU $7,000,000

2014 Capital Contributions
FSU $8,300,000
Florida $5,252,000

Those contributions aren't nearly enough for major facilities improvement with zero debt.

http://www.fa.ufl.edu/wp-content/uploads/ga/2014_University_Athletic_Assoc_Audited_FS.pdf
https://admin.xosn.com/fls/32900/pdf/FSU Athletics Annual Report 2014.pdf

We got the nice bump in 2013 from the donors for beating FSU and having a nice season in 2012 and its been downhill ever since as our program struggles.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If by "program" you mean the athletic department or anything except baseball, no, they wouldn't have.

No I mean baseball not specifically for that coach. That pay level is a joke for a non profit college sport. I guess some can argue we need to do it because some others are but its nonsense imo.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Having a former OC and HC focus all his time on just 3d down plays? That is freaking mind-blowing! Somebody here has to get a list of all those narrow areas of focus Saban has set up. I'd love to see the job descriptions or assignments all those off-field guys have. I wonder if Saban got that from Belichik.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Having a former OC and HC focus all his time on just 3d down plays? That is freaking mind-blowing! Somebody here has to get a list of all those narrow areas of focus Saban has set up. I'd love to see the job descriptions or assignments all those off-field guys have. I wonder if Saban got that from Belichik.
I can tell you that he has multiple assts who watch and focus on only one single opponent during the upcoming season.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
From a $ perspective, we should have as many or more off-field analysts as Bama or any other school. It isn't a $ issue b/c those guys don't make much. UAA needs to create those spots if they don't already exist. The issue is whether a UF analyst spot is attractive to prospects. Bama having Sark and others is damn impressive, and those guys are there to learn, grow, and progress in their coaching careers.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
From a $ perspective, we should have as many or more off-field analysts as Bama or any other school. It isn't a $ issue b/c those guys don't make much. UAA needs to create those spots if they don't already exist. The issue is whether a UF analyst spot is attractive to prospects. Bama having Sark and others is damn impressive, and those guys are there to learn, grow, and progress in their coaching careers.

The only thing these analysts learn under Mac, is how to make a perfect peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Then why the hell don't we stick a classroom in the swamp and get the state as well. It may well be underhanded to do that, but I got to admit that's the kind of forward thinking I wish the UF administration would have and not always worry about doing what right. Don't know if we'll ever catch Fsu in football again.

Because we think that being ethical is a core desire of Gators, not so much of Noles. Are we a school or a football factory? We can be great at both, but without some ethical boundaries we are lost.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Because we think that being ethical is a core desire of Gators, not so much of Noles. Are we a school or a football factory? We can be great at both, but without some ethical boundaries we are lost.

Well being ethical ain't helping us against Fsu here lately, tired of being able hold my head high cause we do the right thing, but continue to get dominated by everyone else that doesn't.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Is it ethical that all the players seem to have their own scooter? IDK but its obvious regardless of the school players get preferential treatment

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Well being ethical ain't helping us against Fsu here lately, tired of being able hold my head high cause we do the right thing, but continue to get dominated by everyone else that doesn't.

We all have our priorities.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Is it ethical that all the players seem to have their own scooter? IDK but its obvious regardless of the school players get preferential treatment

I don't know since I don't have the facts. If they are suggested that having such is a good idea and UF has a volume discount that would be fine. If they are free and paid for legally by the athletic department also OK.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Incidentally, does anybody know how many non-coach assistants we have working recruiting etc. ? Seems to me a saw a post that said we had 6, F$U 10 and bama 15.
I actually think that six number is up. We only had one or two prior to Butters demanding more, and I dont think they were dedicated solely to recruiting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator