It's all about the QB

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n81360 said:
LSU was down by four, they weren't going to kick a FG.
You are correct sir. For some reason I keep thinking that was the final drive.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n81358 said:
From the Gatorsports article about Max Garcia:
Q: Why do you think the coaches have decided to give Treon Harris a shot?
A: He makes a lot of plays in practice. The team, we always say, “What can he do in the game?” It's kind of speculation. I think that's what it really comes down to. You see him making a lot of plays in practice so you want to see how that transitions to the field. Will he have the same opportunities? Can he make the same plays in the game? I think that's what it's really about, just seeing him and what he can do if he has a lot of potential and upside. I think that, as a team, we really want to see what he can do. I love what he brings to the game, how fast he is and his arm. I'm just really excited to see him out there.

The good news is that he doesn't bash Jeff Driskel. The bad news is that he doesn't even mention him. From reading between the lines, using language like "we always say 'what can he do'" and "as a team, we really want to see" shows strong united belief from the players that it's time for a QB change.

This is a very telling quote. From the leader of the offensive line. The truth is that football is played with a lot of emotion. So when you have hope and excitement you play better.

I really hope they give Treon a lot of opportunities. Jeff is a great kid, I believe he really wants to fix everything and play better, but he doesn't have "it". Yes, he didn't drop the pass to Westbrook... Jeff actually made a great play on that one, but as a 4th year QB... it can't be flashes, it has to be consistency.

If Jeff could consistently play like he did on that drive... where he hit Robinson in stride and made a fantastic play and pass to Westbrook... then we would be a different team this year.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
ATXGator;n81356 said:
They scored the TD after this drive when Poole PI's and didn't cover one on one.... I felt like he should have been able to pick that ball to be honest... he was in good position when the pass was thrown then just got beat...

Anytime a team has to go further... even after getting a first down it is a good thing :-)

I said the same thing at the time. I thought it was going to be a pick. His position was perfect.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n81376 said:
I said the same thing at the time. I thought it was going to be a pick. His position was perfect.

His position was perfect because he was holding on to the WR. The receiver basically pulled him to the spot and then still caught the ball over Poole.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I actually thought his position was perfect before he grabbed him... at the beginning of the play he seemed like he should have been able to beat the receiver to the ball... then he didn't. Maybe if he didn't spend time trying to hold he could have made the play...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator