It's Emory time!

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some of his runs were successful. The late pitch was the only bad play I remember.

That will come with reps and experience . That is on dan as much as any play of the game and he would even say such

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think there’s more to play for. A New Years 6 bowl possibly. That would be HUGE after going 4-7
I couldn't possibly disagree more. Outside of the playoff, all the various bowls don't matter two ****'s. I don't give a crap which bowl we get. Irrelevant nonsense - the non-playoff games are totally meaningless and only exist for $$$.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I couldn't possibly disagree more. Outside of the playoff, all the various bowls don't matter two ****'s. I don't give a crap which bowl we get. Irrelevant nonsense - the non-playoff games are totally meaningless and only exist for $$$.

Normally, I agree about the non-playoff bowls. But, Florida has been out of it for a decade. Good bowl wins against solid competition helps the program.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Can Jones play corner? I think that was the biggest issue tonight. Yeah, Franks played bad, but UGA couldn't stop our O ... we stopped our O. The problem was wide open UGA WRs and Fromm never getting hit for the entire game. Fromm had Danielson creaming all over the microphone because we NEVER pressured. We needed to hit that mofo hard and often ... but we didn't. Losing Henderson hurt bad. Yeah, Franks played bad and had a big part in our loss but lets not act like that was our only problem. Great 8 play goal line stand but they followed it up with allowing 3 TD drives.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I agree we should keep putting in packages for EJ. Franks is going to continue to grow. He will improve as much next summer as he did this past summer. But EJ is the future. With the 2019 and 2020 QB’s coming in don’t worry about the redshirt. Get him some snaps.

Some here may be suggesting there is nothing left that matters but Mullen and the team won’t buy that. They’re going to want to close strong and will stay after it. This loss is going to hurt them but they are enjoying this season and the culture change is real. They won’t phone it in.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Given that we have nothing left to play for why not give EJ the ball? Franks sucks and were losing a ton of experience at the OL position so next year will be the same

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I think Frank's should be the starter but Jones needs to get 3-4 series each game from here on out. I think you give him plenty of snaps each game from here till the end of the season and then come the bowl game in January he should be given the chance to prove he can lead the team.

What we don't need is Feanks continuing to get all the snap and Jones end up transferring and were back to Franks next year with a Fr behind him again.

Personally I think long term it's better to just give Jones the ball now because he gets a chance to grow this year so he's up to speed and adjusted for next year, plus it looks good for recruiting. But I'm ok with him for now just coming in for a few series each game. He's the future though it's not Frank's.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Franks and no corners = no chance.

For all the bad our second half stop at our goal line was epic. The boys have fight. We just don't have the pieces yet.

Agreed. We now have the fight but lack the depth of talent across the roster that a top ten team should have. We will get there.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Given that we have nothing left to play for why not give EJ the ball? Franks sucks and were losing a ton of experience at the OL position so next year will be the same
Well, you don't want to kill his confidence. You want to build him up. So I'd hope they'd get him enough series so they can get film and coach him up. And feed him as much as he can comfortably handle.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1) the most popular person is the backup qb.
2) 3 tos in a game will cause you to lose.
3) ej showed he deserves to see the field and more. My guess we will see more of him.
4) expect another loss or 2, especially if Henderson is out.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
IMO, playing Emory stalled our momentum. It was silliness, trying to get too cute. And the fumble was the proof.

Now, on that note, they did a great job setting up that long pass we got PI on (to Jefferson). But other than that, Franks should have taken those snaps (as poorly as he played).
They fooled me. With 3 backs in, I would have bet it was an option pitch or a keeper which was obviously the idea.

I think Mullen saved EJ until this game because this was about pulling out all the stops. Now that we aren't playing for anything but pride, he probably shuts him down after his 4th game to keep the redshirt.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Some of his runs were successful. The late pitch was the only bad play I remember.
He's only played in 3 games and very limited snaps, and that's at least the second time the ball ended up on the ground by his feet. He doesn't look ready which is no surprise, but you have to protect the ball or you aren't going to win too many close games.

Still, I'd love to see more of him since it's the only way he's gong to get the experience he needs. We fans don't care about his redshirt since 3 more years is plenty, but the Head coach probably doesn't agree.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
So coming into the season you thought we were a playoff team? After going 4-7 and hiring a new coach.....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So coming into the season you thought we were a playoff team? After going 4-7 and hiring a new coach.....
Where did I say that? I said I don’t care what bowl game we’re in if we’re not in the playoff.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
Where did I say that? I said I don’t care what bowl game we’re in if we’re not in the playoff.
What I’m saying is a big bowl game helps recruiting momentum, program moral. We were n
then why watch? We were never going to make the playoff this year even prior to yesterday’s game. That game yesterday gave the winner the privilege to go get elephant fooked by Bama In the sec championship game. So if we can make a big bowl game And win, then I say good season let’s worry about the playoff next year

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
What I’m saying is a big bowl game helps recruiting momentum, program moral. Going 4-7 doesnt

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator