It's not the coach

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I'm amazed that there is a constant hope that Mac will turn it all around when he gets "his QB" or "his players". Since Mac can't recruit, good luck with that. But we have talent on this team right now that is capable of beating nearly any team if they are properly conditioned, motivated and coached by experts that know how to get maximum performance from every player. There is no miracle cure out there. A more capable QB will certainly help, but there is no reason that we shouldn't be competing and contending right now. We have talented players. They just do not know how to play as a winning team. This coaching staff is failing these players, not the other way around.

So you are saying that you know how to coach an offense with 9 underclassmen to victory against Bama on Saturday? Good lord man, get down to the football offices now. I'm sure they would all love to listen to your genius.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I'm still waiting to see your prediction for a record next season. It's year 3, you've already pointed out all the Mac guys who have logged significant minutes in big games this year. They'll be seasoned to start next year and a Mac qb that's been in the system for a year and a half is available also. No more excuses about youth inexperience, not his guys, etc. win or don't, that's it.

Make a prediction. I've already stated he'll be gone at the end of the year bc we will continue to suck and the plug will be pulled. Let's hear yours.

I, like everyone else, have no idea how a redshirt freshman will compete next season. I don't claim to be a fortune teller. I am simply giving my opinion. It's funny that there are so many emotional people on this site that simply can not stand listening to a voice that doesn't agree with them.

I thought this was a forum. It seems that it's just a sounding board.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
How do you defend not restocking the interior dline? Or our only olinemen in this class being on flip watch? Or the massive talent gap that keeps growing between us and fsu. Its time to stop blaming muschamp. Butch Jones and Kirby Smart aren't having a hard time pulling in talent . When have recruits seen them win anything ?

Butch just had 3 players decommit. Players are jumping off that wagon fast. I would love to see us sign every 5 star as much as you. I have already stated in previous posts why I think our recruiting is suffering.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Well, 2222 is on ignore. Just cant take that stupidity.

Coach9 all over again. Or probably just the UAA praying the money diesnt disappear again. To late.

Im pretty sure I recruited him over from the old board. I apologize if I did. I didnt realize he was a UAA sock puppet.

LOL. If someone states an opinion in a respectful way that you disagree with then they are a "sock puppet"?

I had no idea it was such a crime to support Mac.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I, like everyone else, have no idea how a redshirt freshman will compete next season. I don't claim to be a fortune teller. I am simply giving my opinion. It's funny that there are so many emotional people on this site that simply can not stand listening to a voice that doesn't agree with them.

I thought this was a forum. It seems that it's just a sounding board.

Fan is short for fanatic. We're passionate because we are Gators. When the Gators lose, we hurt.

Don't take it personally. A board where everybody agrees is boring. It's the disagreements that make things interesting. A lively and vibrant discussion is better than an echo chamber. Hell, even an opposing fan can be a quality contributor and introduce a different perspective.

You do a good job of supporting your opinions. We need more posters like that around here, regardless which camp they fall into.

My opinion is that Mac's schemes are fine, it's the recruiting that's his biggest problem (and to a lesser extent, play calling).

Alex.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I posted in the thread earlier this

"Agree, but for treon for example shouldn't we have designed specific plays to suit his skillset instead of let him run around like a chicken with its head cut off? Also, the players might be young true and the QB not up to snuff, but when we had the ball right before halftime wouldn't it have made sense to at least try one deep throw to see if anything happens? at least give your team a shot at making points instead of just trying to get to halftime? what did we have to lose? Also, What about utilizing a fullback? When Meyer was here he utilized Latsko very effectively and he was a big help and a weapon at times. That play you pointed out about scarlett and IVey, wouldn't the middle linebacker that got past Ivey have been blocked if we used a fullback there? Also, tempo why don't we try to speed things up sometimes? You make some good points, I just think we haven't had any dynamic play calling really regardless of execution. Also, Appleyby is big and can run why not try to utilize him in the run game?"

He didn't respond to this, and I wanted to hear what he had to say in return to my argument.

I do have a life. I spent a lot of time responding to many posts and did not purposely ignore yours.

In my opinion, there's not much you could do with Treon under center. We can all speculate that he should have tried other things. Treon was not a QB and should have never been on the roster to begin with. It's a travesty that Muschamp left the position so bare.

I have no idea what Mac was trying to do at the end of the half. Even though I think Mac is actually a good coach, I can't fully explain every action he takes. I liked Spurrier as well. I once saw him run the exact same pass play to Doering 4 plays in a row inside the 20 yard line. None of them were completions and we didn't score. Can't explain it, but still think he was a good coach.

This offense doesn't use a fullback. This offense also doesn't run the wishbone. I don't know what would happen if we started changing the offense or the tempo.

Coach probably doesn't want to run Appleby because he is the last healthy QB not redshirting. That would make sense to me.

I'm not sure what the point of asking me all these questions is? I reread my previous posts. I don't see anywhere that I stated that I have all the answers.

Last edited:

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Rog, that whole statement was total bs. The only kid who "flipped" from bama was the kicker... and that's bc we didn't have one and they pulled out all the stops. He would have been just one of the kickers at bama competing. We didn't flip Joseph or perine from bama, that's total bs. Those kids never even had an offer, they were plan C's for bama and had discussions with the bama staff bc of that but that's it. While we were wining and dining them and making them are top targets, a bama asst was sending them a 10 word text once every two weeks just to say hello and keep contact. This we are bringing in talent and competing with or flipping from bama or fsu or anyone else is ridiculous. We didn't flip franks either, he switched bc miles was scheduled to be canned. The pumperisms in this thread are ridiculous lol.

You put the word flipped in quotes as though I said flipped. Go back and look at my post. I said he "beat" Saban for Perine and Joseph.

Wow

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Who gave the OP 11 likes?:kick:

Apparently there are people on this board that disagree with the minority that actively suppress real discussion around here.

If you are so certain of your views then you shouldn't feel threatened by those who disagree with you.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Fan is short for fanatic. We're passionate because we are Gators. When the Gators lose, we hurt.

Don't take it personally. A board where everybody agrees is boring. It's the disagreements that make things interesting. A lively and vibrant discussion is better than an echo chamber. Hell, even an opposing fan can be a quality contributor and introduce a different perspective.

You do a good job of supporting your opinions. We need more posters like that around here, regardless which camp they fall into.

My opinion is that Mac's schemes are fine, it's the recruiting that's his biggest problem (and to a lesser extent, play calling).

Alex.

I appreciate your reply. However, it appears that there are a contingent of posters on this board that are determined to silence any voice that states an opinion different from their own.

I have already been put on ignore and insulted in my first post. That's quite an accomplishment for such an innocuous post.

Friendly place you guys have here. Good luck with recruiting.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Who gave the OP 11 likes?:kick:

Actually, I have a total of 29 likes on this thread. If you guys didn't beat everyone into submission you might find there are quite a few people that disagree with you. I know, that would be too scary for you.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
LOL. If someone states an opinion in a respectful way that you disagree with then they are a "sock puppet"?

I had no idea it was such a crime to support Mac.

Well, it is a crime, a Macdemeaner.

2222, your try-yak has hit the GC rapids, whitewater where the rocks show up. We do have jagged rocks.
All along, many of these same irate GC fans had hope when Mac first came. All of us hoped Mac would turn this
program around right off. Well, next year's turnaround or the 4th year turnaround will serve GatorNation as a
right-now turnabout .... as long as we score a proud passel of points. Gotta let the time march on.

I certainly hope that you keep on posting on GC.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After reading all the pros and cons, I have determined it is the Coaches responsibility, not fault, to field a competent team.
Winning the East is like finding fools gold.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Congrats 2222, you have thick skin and this is good. The in-comings from our board regulars can be war head loaded. The wrath is less about your optimism than our frustration over successive poor position recruiting and the fact that the perennial fact check OC bungler Nuss has no signs of either leaving or getting the boot by his long time friend Mac. Opinions are sorted as to a few other assistants who should get pink slips but that is the core reason any optimism meets some resistance here on the best Gator board. It's hard to see sunshine on the horizon when being out recruited fairly substantially in our State by hated rivals and lower tier schools. Of course, you know this if you've lurked here for awhile before joining the fray. The good news is it's all done for the love of Gator success which has been anemic if compared to the prime time stage which we all had a taste of a decade+ ago and are somewhat in withdrawal. Bottom-line, your OP hit a real divided camp topic and you've defended it the best you can. There's no real reason to flee the base station, they'll be plenty of topics we'll all agree on and plenty of football info on the team/league. Plus, CoachPE needs all the shot gun help he can get on his buckboard. Keep posting. Go Gators! :cool:

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
So you are saying that you know how to coach an offense with 9 underclassmen to victory against Bama on Saturday? Good lord man, get down to the football offices now. I'm sure they would all love to listen to your genius.

Your lame sunshine-pumping crap got old a long time ago. Do you even read these posts? Who said we ever have a chance against Bama, you? Pumper? You went to a lot of trouble to post a bunch of vids trying to make us all believe the coaches are fantastic and our players are the ones screwing up the magnificent plan. There is no magnificent plan. Every word I have written is dead-nuts true. You don't like it because it flys in the face of the drivel you are trying to sell, which only a fool would buy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You don't put people on ignore. I've never considered it a single time in 15 years on message boards. I'm disappointed in you.
Yeah, I know.

This UAA sock puppet is special though.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I appreciate your reply. However, it appears that there are a contingent of posters on this board that are determined to silence any voice that states an opinion different from their own.

I have already been put on ignore and insulted in my first post. That's quite an accomplishment for such an innocuous post.

Friendly place you guys have here. Good luck with recruiting.

The first thing you should have noticed about this board is it is NOT Gatorcountry.....it's GatorCHATTER. Big difference. This board allows ALL opinions and curbs sunshine pumping, as other boards promote/encourage sunshine pumping. In short, you'll get a dose of reality over here.

With that said, keep posting. This is a good thread w/ a lot of valid points. I'm of the opinion that this is on the coaches. I know we need a better OL and a much, much better QB. However, the coaches know what they have (talent wise) and have failed miserably in putting these players in a position to win. This is on Jim McElwain, his assistants, and mostly....Jeremy Foley for bringing it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.