It's not the coach

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Butch just had 3 players decommit. Players are jumping off that wagon fast. I would love to see us sign every 5 star as much as you. I have already stated in previous posts why I think our recruiting is suffering.
You didn't already explain what I asked.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Reality or just negativism....... Hard to seperate the two on GC.

I blame Bush!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'll take your lead on most of this, Durty. But can't believe 2016 recruits knew or could guess Miles would
be canned at all, much less midseason. If Mac has failed at 89% of his doings, that doesn't mean opposers
have to take away the 11% he has succeeded at.
It was all over the news prior to him flipping. Everyone was expecting it to happen at the end of the season if not a game or 2 before. Franks didn't come on until real late last fall/winter. The reports about miles being a goner were everywhere; franks didn't flip until afterwards. Hell, they actually decided to fire miles, then after he won that bowl game Alleva came out and magically pretended that he was their guy (only b/c they couldn't get their guy at the time; fisher).

Not taking away a little bit of success mac had, just stating the facts. I believe its unlikely franks would have been a gator if not for the massive amount of smoke eminating from baton rouge.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'll just copy and paste from a previous reply

Muschamp destroyed the place. Seniors in high school have few memories of Gators offense except what Muschamp fielded. It's hard to sell Florida football to kids that grew up watching Muschamp's version.

Despite that Mac beat Saban for Perine and Vosean Joseph and Piniero. He landed the #2 receiver in the nation when he signed Cleveland out of Texas. Gardner was the #4 CB nationally. Clayton was the #2 WDE nationally. He stole the #5 ranked QB from LSU in Franks. Swain was the #23 ranked WR nationally. He got 5 star #1 ranked OT Ivey.

Given the circumstances, I think he has done well. These kids are agreeing to come to Florida instead of Alabama or Ohio State despite our recent difficulties. It takes a hell of salesman to pull that off.

That's just lazy. Pumpers gettin' lazy.

Sep 29, 2015
I appreciate your reply. However, it appears that there are a contingent of posters on this board that are determined to silence any voice that states an opinion different from their own.

I have already been put on ignore and insulted in my first post. That's quite an accomplishment for such an innocuous post.

Friendly place you guys have here. Good luck with recruiting.

Don't mind the Dementors. The more ire you draw from them the better the board is - otherwise it's just an echo chamber of :law::law::law:. Cut through the arrogant indignation and they make some valid points, even if they refuse to acknowledge any rays of sunshine.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You put the word flipped in quotes as though I said flipped. Go back and look at my post. I said he "beat" Saban for Perine and Joseph.

Wow
You might want to reread mine, I don't care if you said either. I said that we didn't do anything you suggest, which is the truth. Neither of those kids EVER had ANY kind of offer from bama. They talked to the coaching staff and were probably told by some bama asst that bama was interested. That aint an offer and that aint beating anyone out. Quit embellishing. Those kids were plan C's for bama; we didn't beat bama for them. We may have beat some schools for them but bama wasn't one.

Wow.

Oh... and by the way, you've posted like 8 times since being asked by multiple posters to make a prediction. You respond by saying you don't have time to answer every post, then answer nearly every post except the ones asking you to put your money where your mouth is. Put up or shut up big dawg.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
From what I understand, Bama rejected Perine until after he had committed to UF. At that point, Perine kept his commitment. Had Bama taken him earlier, he'd be a member of the Tide right now.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
From what I understand, Bama rejected Perine until after he had committed to UF. At that point, Perine kept his commitment. Had Bama taken him earlier, he'd be a member of the Tide right now.
Exactly, bama didn't offer the kid, we did. Those kids were backup to the backup plans for bama. Trying to push the narrative that Mac is beating out bama for kids by using perine and joseph as examples is a huge crock of :kiffin:

I already stated who we beat out bama for legitimately and that was eddy. That's the example. There aren't any others. Why people cant just accept facts is beyond me.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don't mind the Dementors. The more ire you draw from them the better the board is - otherwise it's just an echo chamber of :law::law::law:. Cut through the arrogant indignation and they make some valid points, even if they refuse to acknowledge any rays of sunshine.

Old Maori saying : "Face the sun and your shadows will be behind you." :D

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I like it. I tend to live more by the old Confucius proverb though: "Man who walk down middle of street get hit by bus going both ways."

Calls forth one of my own : "Half the people in the world are from the waist down."

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we can't get stud players on the field then none of this matters. Yes it would be interesting to see what mac could do with some decent talent up front and under center but until he and his staff can inspire those guys to come here it's just farting in the wind.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly, bama didn't offer the kid, we did. Those kids were backup to the backup plans for bama. Trying to push the narrative that Mac is beating out bama for kids by using perine and joseph as examples is a huge crock of :kiffin:

I already stated who we beat out bama for legitimately and that was eddy. That's the example. There aren't any others. Why people cant just accept facts is beyond me.

So we beat bama for a kicker... who gives a ****? it's a kicker.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The reality is that there is some truth to what 2222 is saying, there are also some things that I don't agree with.

I do agree that the coaches are putting players in position to make plays (as shown in the videos), but I also agree that their inability to make those plays is partially on the coaches themselves. There is no definitive issue here... it is a lot of things. Young players who have only been in the system one or two years and are still learning the game. It is one thing to have a freshman QB surrounded by upper classman vs. starting a whole team of under classman. You are going to see mistakes with youth.

That being said... I really do not understand why Mac did not play Franks. It is clear that Appleby doesn't have it and there is no point in "growing" a guy who is gone after this year. Why put the freshman in there unless he looks really bad or Mac is afraid of damaging him mentally from these games...

The other big frustration is the recruiting and it isn't just about the stars it is about consistently missing on positions of need (OL, DT, and LB). We are extremely thin at these positions and that means there is a lack of competition which allows the starters to be complacent. Good recruiters can sell a vision even when the program looks bad. Mac has not shown he is able to do that.

I really hope Mac is able to turn it around. The young guys on D are getting some good experience due to injuries and that may help us next year. Our OL should be good next year if healthy and almost all of them should be back (Sharp leaves?)

The success of this team next year is going to be determined by the QB. If Mac starts Del Rio I think we are in really bad shape. If he pulls Stidhman or starts Frank/Trask I think we at least have a chance.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Actually, I have a total of 29 likes on this thread. If you guys didn't beat everyone into submission you might find there are quite a few people that disagree with you. I know, that would be too scary for you.
Was just playing there. But enjoy your likes. You are a very special person. No, really :fear::fear::fear:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.