Jabari Zuniga

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
He played well against a team only in its second year in FBS and their kids that probably couldn't walk on at most Power 5 schools?

Impressive.
T, we'll take anything we can get at this point. What gets me is that we haven't heard him mentioned by the coaching staff.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't hear much about Zuniga, strange in the pre-season. He was Huge on Saturday night. In addition, I don't recall hearing much about CeCe either during the game. What the heck is up there?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What the heck is up? Should be what the heck is down? Answer is his weight. He is too light to play DE in the SEC but do to our roster dumpster fire we have to try to play him at DT. Being 50-75 lbs less than an SEC lineman makes t impossible to do the job.

Apparently we bought our S&C coaches at Big Lots also.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He looks like duke lemmons out there. Totally wiffed on umass only td

Yeah, he missed that tackle. He also ended the game with 4 tackles, tied for 5th in tackles for UF's defense. ...with Zuniga. I remember seeing him hold his blocker until the RB came by, when he shed the block and made the tackle. I hope we see him more and that he shows that he's a playmaker and contributor.

2016_Florida_Gators_Stats___College_Football_at_Sports-Reference_com.jpg

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
According to that list Joey Ivie had 0 tackles assisted or unassisted and an absurd late hit that led to the only points of the opponent. He deserves to be kicked in the nuts and run until he pukes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Safeties are leading tacklers as always. No surer sign of a bad defense.

On a positive note, AA did not get hurt.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Didn't hear much about Zuniga, strange in the pre-season. He was Huge on Saturday night. In addition, I don't recall hearing much about CeCe either during the game. What the heck is up there?

Khairi Clark's emergence is keeping CeCe off the field, at least in a DT role. Mac had a lot of good things to say about how good he did as a space eater even though he only registered one tackle. He's playing at 315 lbs right now. Yes, that's right folks. We actually do have a DT playing over 310!! Praise Jesus!

No wonder CeCe didn't get much time. My guess is that we'll see more of him vs UK to take advantage of his speed rush against their tendency to pass more.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We really need Khairi Clark to play like a man this year.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
We really need Khairi Clark to play like a man this year.

giphy.gif

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what to think. He is a starter? I don't get it. Maybe because we have to keep the reps off CeCe and even 240lb Zuniga so they are available for use at DT.

Sherrit may be a starter but he let the UMASS QB give him one juke and score. Heck, he made the UMASS QB look like Mike Vick.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Not much from the coaches but we did hear some chatter from players.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Khairi Clark's emergence is keeping CeCe off the field, at least in a DT role. Mac had a lot of good things to say about how good he did as a space eater even though he only registered one tackle. He's playing at 315 lbs right now. Yes, that's right folks. We actually do have a DT playing over 310!! Praise Jesus!

No wonder CeCe didn't get much time. My guess is that we'll see more of him vs UK to take advantage of his speed rush against their tendency to pass more.

The reason he had not been getting much time prior to this is because he was around 360 when he arrived on campus. It's one of the reasons he was downgraded from a 5* to a 4*.

At one time he was the number 1 DT in the nation.

ChattanooGATOR

Swollen Member
Aug 30, 2014
The reason he had not been getting much time prior to this is because he was around 360 when he arrived on campus. It's one of the reasons he was downgraded from a 5* to a 4*.

At one time he was the number 1 DT in the nation.
Just to be clear, you're talking about Clark not Zuniga?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's a funny quote about Zuniga from Coach Rumph:

Keep that shirt on

While Clayton is on hold for the moment, redshirt freshman defensive end Jabari Zuniga's career appears ready to take off. He had two sacks in the opener and has undergone a physical transformation in the year he's been here.

“This guy was really mature for a freshman,” Rumph said. “He's up to 250 pounds, but if you go back to the spring, he got all the way down to 230. I actually said, 'Man, you're losing weight. You've got to get this weight on.'

“He said, 'Coach, I want to take the fat off and I want to build my body up.' But if you've ever seen this guy with his shirt off. ... I have a rule: He can not take his shirt off in front of my wife. I mean this guy is yoked up. My wife's around, his shirt is on."

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Here's a funny quote about Zuniga from Coach Rumph:

Keep that shirt on

While Clayton is on hold for the moment, redshirt freshman defensive end Jabari Zuniga's career appears ready to take off. He had two sacks in the opener and has undergone a physical transformation in the year he's been here.

“This guy was really mature for a freshman,” Rumph said. “He's up to 250 pounds, but if you go back to the spring, he got all the way down to 230. I actually said, 'Man, you're losing weight. You've got to get this weight on.'

“He said, 'Coach, I want to take the fat off and I want to build my body up.' But if you've ever seen this guy with his shirt off. ... I have a rule: He can not take his shirt off in front of my wife. I mean this guy is yoked up. My wife's around, his shirt is on."
Is his wife's name Candi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.