Jake Allen goes 8-22, 37 yards and a pick

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
St Thomas Aquinas played Bishop Gorman and Allen's stat line was.... 8/22 for 37 yards and 1 INT. Isn't this the guy that is supposed to be a great QB?

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Pretty sure I've been trying to tell people to slow down on this kid.... He isn't a top ranked QB for a reason.

It's why I'm hoping Franks pans out cause Allen isn't leading anyone to the promise land.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I guess Mac/Nuss saw something I haven't whenever they took his commitment. Kid looks very mediocre!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know. It's one game. Kid has looked pretty good in the couple games that I've seen.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just looked up a little stuff on the game. It's also fair to note that Bishop Gorman has one of the top quarterbacks in the nation as well. As well as one of the top defenses. Bishop Gorman is also rated the number one team in the country. Saint Thomas Aquinas had to travel all the way to Nevada to play this game. Bishop Gorman is the number one team in the nation. Of course Saint Thomas Aquinas is a top-five team in the nation.

I didn't see a stat line on the bishop Gorman QB but it looks like he had a similar throwing night as Allen.

Bishop Gorman won the game in a 3 overtime thriller.

From what I read, Bishop Gorman secondary completely shut down Saint Thomas Aquinas' receivers. So my question is, where was Trevon Grimes (other than his long TD on a trick play)

And are we really criticizing quarterback play in high school? In one game? On the road across the country? Against the top rated team in the country?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know. It's one game. Kid has looked pretty good in the couple games that I've seen.
He looked terrible last night, and it wasn't really because of his teammates. His passes were bad.
Hell the WR threw a better deep ball.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He looked terrible last night, and it wasn't really because of his teammates. His passes were bad.

Really? We're nitpicking a high school quarterback in one game all the way across the country? Ready to give up on him?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Really? We're nitpicking a high school quarterback in one game all the way across the country? Ready to give up on him?
It's high school football. Don't the elite players normally dominate in high school? I mean, I doubt someone like Dan Marino ever had a stat line like that in high school.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm simply speaking to what I saw on last nights game, that's it.

His recievers weren't dropping it, that I saw. Admittedly. I went to sleep mid 4th qtr though.
But prior to that, he wasn't even close to hitting his receivers on anything past the 5 yard line. Overthrew, underthrew, made wtf throws. He was not good at all last night.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's high school football. Don't the elite players normally dominate in high school? I mean, I doubt someone like Dan Marino ever had a stat line like that in high school.

He played against the number one team in the country. On the other side of the country. On a school night. I think everyone is really overreacting.

Whoever said he was Dan Marino?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He played against the number one team in the country. On the other side of the country. On a school night. I think everyone is really overreacting.

Whoever said he was Dan Marino?
Nobody said he was Dan Marino. I'm just saying that elite high school QB's almost never have games that horrific, regardless of the opponent or the circumstances.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
By the way, although I think he can be a really good quarterback for us, I think our future lies in Artur Sitkowski. We have GOT to get that kid's commitment. 2018.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Dont worry, we have a 4 star in waiting that really tore it up in the spring game....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
By the way, although I think you can be a really good quarterback for us, I think our future lies in Artur Sitkowski. We have GOT to get that kid's commitment. 2018.
So now it sounds like even YOU have dismissed Allen. Why would we need Sitkowski if Allen is so good? How many QB's will we have on the roster in two years? Six? Seven?

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015

It's Mac's fault. If Jake were committed to Bama he'd have thrown for 300 yards and 4 TDs.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Dont worry, we have a 4 star in waiting that really tore it up in the spring game....

A kid who never had a qb coach until this year...

He has more upside than any qb on our roster... And spring games mean jack ****.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, around here we actually prefer QBs who arent good enough to play in high school.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
By the way, although I think you can be a really good quarterback for us, I think our future lies in Artur Sitkowski. We have GOT to get that kid's commitment. 2018.

Think see are overreacting a bit on this kid also.. He looked good in a few camps that's all

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.