Jake Allen goes 8-22, 37 yards and a pick

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
Nobody said he was Dan Marino. I'm just saying that elite high school QB's almost never have games that horrific, regardless of the opponent or the circumstances.

Couldn't agree more... it appears UF may be stuck with yet another bad qb since Tebows departure.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What do you think of Allen?
I dont know or much care. LDR is the QB for two more years, and we may or may not have a new coach before the argument about who is next year's four fifth string QB is matters.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I dont know or much care. LDR is the QB for two more years, and we may or may not have a new coach before the argument about who is next year's four fifth string QB is.

Tying your legacy to LDR...

That's a bold strategy, Cotton..

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I dont know or much care. LDR is the QB for two more years, and we may or may not have a new coach before the argument about who is next year's four fifth string QB is matters.
So, you think Franks is pretty much never going to play. You're probably right.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody said he was Dan Marino. I'm just saying that elite high school QB's almost never have games that horrific, regardless of the opponent or the circumstances.

What are you talking about? Tate Martell, Bishop Gorman's QB is a higher rated quarterback than Allen. In fact, he's the #1 rated dual threat quarterback in the country according to rivals. He only threw for 79 yards last week.

From everything that I have read (I did not see the game), Martell had a similar throwing night. In fact, Gorman only led 3-0 at halftime. It looks like Grimes sustained a leg injury in the game as well.

I guarantee you that there's nothing wrong with Martell. He's Committed to Urban Meyer and is considered by many of the next great spread quarterback for his system.

It's not common for elite running backs to have poor games in high school. But receivers and quarterbacks do all the time.

I'm not saying he's the next coming of Danny, but if people are really ready to kick him to the curb because of one game against the number one rated team in the country against one of the top secondaries in the country, well I don't know what to say.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

If Franks cant beat out LDR next year then he just isn't that good himself probably. Unless LDR is one of them that steps it up as the competition goes up he seems to be an average QB probably.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So now it sounds like even YOU have dismissed Allen. Why would we need Sitkowski if Allen is so good? How many QB's will we have on the roster in two years? Six? Seven?

BECAUSE you need an elite quarterback every cycle. Not what chump did. An elite quarterback every three cycles.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Trask and Feleipe will then have 2 years after red shirting this year...the clabber will rise for Butter.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So, you think Franks is pretty much never going to play. You're probably right.
He isnt playing next year much. Who knows whether he will think the next OC is a good fit or not.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What are you talking about? Tate Martell, Bishop Gorman's QB is a higher rated quarterback than Allen. In fact, he's the #1 rated dual threat quarterback in the country according to rivals. He only threw for 79 yards last week.

From everything that I have read (I did not see the game), Martell had a similar throwing night. In fact, Gorman only led 3-0 at halftime. It looks like Grimes sustained a leg injury in the game as well.

I guarantee you that there's nothing wrong with Martell. He's Committed to Urban Meyer and is considered by many of the next great spread quarterback for his system.

It's not common for elite running backs to have poor games in high school. But receivers and quarterbacks do all the time.

I'm not saying he's the next coming of Danny, but if people are really ready to kick him to the curb because of one game against the number one rated team in the country against one of the top secondaries in the country, well I don't know what to say.
Martell is a dual threat guy, big difference. Allen is supposed to be a passer.

Look, I'm not bashing Allen. Isn't he only a 3-star QB, anyway? Honestly, he's not really supposed to be elite.

And J, if you're related to Allen you should probably be up front with us.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't watch these high school kids too much but I looked at the Booker T. Washington game video and Allen didn't look that great there imo. A few nice throws but a couple of his throws were reckless as hell.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Look, I'm not bashing Allen. Isn't he only a 3-star QB, anyway? Honestly, he's not really supposed to be elite.

Thought he was a 4 star, but I'm not certain of that. Looked like a 1 star last night

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BECAUSE you need an elite quarterback every cycle. Not what chump did. An elite quarterback every three cycles.
Elite players dont consider us.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Of course I'm related to him!

All kidding aside, he is the number ninth rated prostyle quarterback according to rivals. 4*.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Thought he was a 4 star, but I'm not certain of that. Looked like a 1 star last night
Both 247 and Rivals dropped him to a 3 after that game last night. It's in the notes in his profile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator