Jake Allen goes 8-22, 37 yards and a pick

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I watched the game and allen was getting hit every time he threw the ball. The timing was thrown way off. He was definitely missing receivers but he's probably never been hit that much since transferring into st thomas.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I watched the game and allen was getting hit every time he threw the ball. The timing was thrown way off. He was definitely missing receivers but he's probably never been hit that much since transferring into st thomas.

So.....should we still sign him or look elsewhere?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Martell is a dual threat guy, big difference
This is what we really need here. Just because a guy can run doesn't mean he can't throw also. Even Bama realizes the importance of a mobile QB and all the top teams are now using a guy who CAN run if they have to. This is probably our biggest problem with the offense. It's not the scheme, it's not the percentage of run to pass, it's having a guy who can move the chains on 3rd down when nothing else is there and can change field position or even score if the defense sleeps on him....

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I still think Allen could be a good QB eventually but as of now I'm thinking we better hope Franks can develop. LDR imo isn't gonna lead us to the promised land. Trask, same feeling. We NEED a QB that can make plays, not a game manager despite what some think.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
http://247sports.com/Player/Jake-Allen-77573

247, their site not composite, never had him as a 4 star I think. On Rivals he was 177th before last night. He's been dropping like a rock recently. Damn shame. I had high hopes for the kid. Does Clarbelle have any eligibility left?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We NEED a QB that can make plays, not a game manager despite what some think.
It doesn't much matter because Mac insists on conservative game-manager QBs. Always has.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
So now it sounds like even YOU have dismissed Allen. Why would we need Sitkowski if Allen is so good? How many QB's will we have on the roster in two years? Six? Seven?

Sure. Just move a few to the OL as backups and depth.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am not going to worry about a possible QB recruit that hasn't even left high school too much. We need to just hope one of our current young QBs work out or it may be a bad future. I am just not sold that LDR will handle good SEC defenses pressuring him well. He threw some dangerous passes in that N Texas game. People think he will be a great game manager but he shows signs of wanting to make things happen when it isn't there. I hope LDR proves my thinking wrong however.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I've watched him twice and both times he has looked really bad. Maybe it's an aberration, I don't know.

His WRs were wide open on many occasions and he was off by 5-10 yards multiple times. I was actually surprised at how off he looked (especially on deeper passes) and Grimes was visibly upset too.

Just my 2 cents, not giving up on him by any means just hope he becomes what many on here thought he was.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Really? We're nitpicking a high school quarterback in one game all the way across the country? Ready to give up on him?
Several around here are ready to give up on the entire coaching staff after 1 loss, what's the difference?

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015

Yes, but with our incredible Gator OL that shouldn't be a problem.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gorman's QB had very similar stats and Grimes hurt his ankle/leg right before half time. I watched parts of the game and neither QB looked very good last night.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This whole thread is just so pathetic. Except for J.

Your face is pathetic.

But seriously, what's wrong with my analysis? It's factual. And yes, I realize he's still a kid, hence why I'm not giving up on him

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Right on schedule. Trask 2.0 will be here in the fall. Interpret that as you may.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I am not going to worry about a possible QB recruit that hasn't even left high school too much. We need to just hope one of our current young QBs work out or it may be a bad future. I am just not sold that LDR will handle good SEC defenses pressuring him well. He threw some dangerous passes in that N Texas game. People think he will be a great game manager but he shows signs of wanting to make things happen when it isn't there. I hope LDR proves my thinking wrong however.

LDR has likely 2 yrs of leading this ship, time which Trask/Allen/Franks can sort out an heir apparent and get solid before being in the spotlight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator