Jake Allen goes 8-22, 37 yards and a pick

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This whole thread is just so pathetic. Except for J.
With all due respect, GatorJ didn't watch that game, he said it himself. He has no idea how Allen actually looked.
I can't speak for anyone else, but what I saw had nothing to do with other players. Even when Allen had time, he looked terrible in that game. He couldnt hit your giant ass if you were 5 feet in front of him. :lol: Considering how bad our O line is, if a QB can't make throws under pressure, well, we're going to have problems, much less when he had time, and was routinely no where near the receiver.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Mac will stick with LDR as long as he has eligibility. Mac's backup plan when things don't work out at UF is to hit Jack Del Rio up for his next job.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With all due respect, GatorJ didn't watch that game, he said it himself. He has no idea how Allen actually looked.
I can't speak for anyone else, but what I saw had nothing to do with other players. Even when Allen had time, he looked terrible in that game. He couldnt hit your giant ass if you were 5 feet in front of him. :lol: Considering how bad our O line is, if a QB can't make throws under pressure, well, we're going to have problems, much less when he had time, and was routinely no where near the receiver.

I've seen two other games where he looked fine.

It's not saying that he didn't look good, it's acting like that one game is defining his entire future and offsets his evaluation. It's still a high school game.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
He looked bad and if he's gonna get the yips when a few D-line get close then he better go somewhere else if Summers is staying. Summers married his girlfriend because new she could take a punch. Allen had rec wide open standing in a pocket that AA or LDR would love to have and missed his mark by at least 5 yds, mostly overthrows. I wonder if he's been offered a baseball contract like somebody else I know?

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've seen two other games where he looked fine.

It's not saying that he didn't look good, it's acting like that one game is defining his entire future and offsets his evaluation. It's still a high school game.
That's fine. I'm just going by what I saw in that game, and there was nothing polished about him. It also reflected what others have said about him from previous games as well.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So now it sounds like even YOU have dismissed Allen. Why would we need Sitkowski if Allen is so good? How many QB's will we have on the roster in two years? Six? Seven?

Some can be fattened up and play on the OL!

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
it may say something that those awesome receivers don't want to follow him to gainsville

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
it may say something that those awesome receivers don't want to follow him to gainsville

We only pursued one. 5* Trevon Grimes. Who picked OSU over us. He's originally from the Midwest.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Those numbers are exactly the type of QB that butters wants. He prefers a game manager rather than a star QB. (the kid threw the game to stay committed to the gators, if he has great numbers the staff will start chasing another lump of coal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator