Jalen Tabor and C'yontai Lewis suspended for Week 1

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From Williston's post: @GrahamHall_: Sources: Tabor was hit with a helmet during scuffle. Injury unknown, but led to bleeding. #Gators

So we don't know if he hit him in the head or what...

So he's pissing blood? :shocked:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This sucks big time. WTF is wrong with these guys?

upload_2016-8-17_13-48-3.jpeg

It's not for drugs.

No need for Mr. Hand. Maybe this guy added to the coaching staff...

images

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Preseason camp. Fights are more commonplace than STD's on campus at FSU.

However, this must have happened off the field, which is the bad part. If you want to get into it during practice, it is what it is. But leave it on the field.
There are probably a half dozen fights during any preseason football practice regardless of what team or even the level,HS,CFB or NFL. It usually ends on the field though.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Dang... I guess Lewis connected his helmet swing with Tabor's head...

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GrahamHall_: I'm told #Gators DB Jalen Tabor received stitches to his forehead for injuries from practice scuffle.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that Tabor got his head split open with a helmet and STILL got suspended tells you he was far from innocent in this one.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that Tabor got his head split open with a helmet and STILL got suspended tells you he was far from innocent in this one.

We may never know for sure but swinging a helmet at someone's head is pretty out there. I guess that's why they had a team meeting. Helmet to the head can kill you.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hoping Lewis swung Tabor's head into a helmet, or something like that. If Lewis actually swung his helmet at Tabor's unprotected head I believe he would be given more time off than Tabor, if not let go altogether.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So now we're fighting each other? Sounds like JMac is really bringing the team together...

Hold it now ... don't be so judgementally harsh. They were innocently fighting over that last brownie.

Perhaps Mac is applying stricter punishment for minor faux pas's in hopes of steering them clear of
major wrongdoing ??

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I am reducing my time spent on college football to game time.... no, kickoff time. Everything before that is just getting too depressing.

Ditto. I may even resort to reading about Rodman and his multiple broken penis incidents.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was there I and saw the whole incident go down.

It all started innocently enough in the meeting room with Lewis trying to get the receivers fired up for a good practice. He wrote a few things on the board about beating the CBs, one of which included the phrase "their overrated."

Teez saw this and immediately got in Lewis' face about the improper use of the word "their." Lewis insisted that the word was spelled correctly but Teez insisted that although he did in fact spell it properly he was using a synonym of the word "they're." Lewis partially conceded the point but noted that it wasn't a synonym but in fact a homonym, and that furthermore it isn't really a word per se but in fact a contraction of two words. Well Teez wouldn't back down, insisting that it was in fact a synonym, not a homonym.

Well as you can imagine, things got pretty heated after that and it wasn't long until helmets were swinging and one guy even pulled a knife. Thank sweet baby Jesus that a shirtless Spurrier walked into the room just then with a set of spinning nun chucks and scared the bejeebus out of everybody in the room. Poor Teez didn't see him though until it was too late...when he turned to see what everyone was staring at he inadvertently walking right into the path of the swinging weapon and got his melon split wide open.

Thankfully, everyone was quickly shuffled into the nearest safe space by the coaching staff and grief counselors from the English department were summoned post haste. In addition to the aforementioned suspensions, both Lewis and Tabor have been ordered to diagram 10 compound sentences on the blackboard and to memorize the X 13 multiplication tables. Both should be back in the lineup prior to us hosting the mighty Presbyterian Blue Hose for Homecoming Week.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So Zambo, will it leave a grammark on Teez' forehead ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.