Jalen Tabor, Treon Harris suspended for Tennessee

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
t-gator;n284488 said:
Who cares? Its a rule. These kids have an opportunity millions dream about, you would think they would be able to sacrifice weed or whatever people that smoke it call it. How can you have a problem with them being held to a higher standard.

First, I said he has to abide by the rules, and as such support the suspensions.

I am not sure why you think these kids should be held to a HIGHER standard than anybody else. They are just as likely to make dumb decisions as any teenager/young adult. Seems to me we should only be holding them to standards where the standards and rules are important. Smoking a little bit of pot is unimportant.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n284501 said:
Hmmmmmm......so it's o.k. to break that law........allrighty then

It should be when they are stupid. Florida and the counties/cities in Florida have all kinds of crazy laws that people break all the time. Luckily good judgment is used in most of those cases and no charges are brought despite the actions breaking the law.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n284502 said:
I am not sure why you think these kids should be held to a HIGHER standard than anybody else.

Because everyone isn't on national television every Saturday. Everyone else doesn't get to run out of that tunnel. Everyone else doesn't get to live like kings on campus. It's a privilege no other student on the campus gets.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
t-gator;n284508 said:
Because everyone isn't on national television every Saturday. Everyone else doesn't get to run out of that tunnel. Everyone else doesn't get to live like kings on campus. It's a privilege no other student on the campus gets.

That's fine. You sit up there on your high horse, but you don't have to look too far to see that kids will be kids regardless. Make them run extra miles every day after practice, or run an insane amount of bleachers everyday.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n284512 said:
That's fine. You sit up there on your high horse, but you don't have to look too far to see that kids will be kids regardless. Make them run extra miles every day after practice, or run an insane amount of bleachers everyday.
Or make them refrain from smoking weed for 90 days a year.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n284508 said:

Yer floppin' around like a slot limit grouper, t

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Gator98MD;n284516 said:
You guys need to chill out and spark one up. Just watch out for the reefer madness man

Attachments

• conv_4592.gif
    conv_4592.gif
    406.7 KB · Views: 43

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
This reminds me of the story of John Wooden and Bill Walton of UCLA basketball.

When he first arrived on campus, Walton let his red hair grow down to his shoulders. "He told me that I didn't have the right to tell him how to wear his hair," Wooden said. I said, 'You're right, I don't. I just have the right to set rules for my team. I want you to know I fully understand your feelings and we're going to miss you, Bill."'

Walton got his hair cut later that day.

Yogi Berra said when you come to a fork in the road take it. Smoke pot or play football. Harris and Tabor took the fork.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sorry if it's MOM but I didn't read all 20 pages. Wasn't it Treon and Jalen Tabor in the car the last time when the cops found multiple bags of marijuana?

Edit: Treon, Tabor and JC Jackson. :headslap:

Let's hope Mac sends them on their way. It's time to cut ties with these kids IMO. If you can't put down the pot, good luck at Southwestern Alabama State.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:popcorn:

I'm enjoying watching you guys bash each other over you beliefs.

As a Gator all I care about is that beating UT just became more difficult because of the selfishness of two players.

I still think we can win but now we need several "lucky bounces" to extend the streak.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
deuce;n284527 said:
:popcorn:

I'm enjoying watching you guys bash each other over you beliefs.

As a Gator all I care about is that beating UT just became more difficult because of the selfishness of two players.

I still think we can win but now we need several "lucky bounces" to extend the streak.

This.

Everyone needs to accept what happened, accept that there are currently rules that athletes are fools to break repeatedly, and get back to the business of bashing UT.

GO GATORS!!

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
MJMGator;n284513 said:
Or make them refrain from smoking weed for 90 days a year.

Why is it so important for them to refrain from smoking weed? Why is it different than them having a drink?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n284284 said:
Hilarious how you actually think I'd want Grier to get hurt for Treon to get an opportunity. I just liked Treon as the starter better before this incident. You're delusional If you think I would want Grier to get hurt

I never said or implied that you wanted Grier to get hurt. I only stated that him going down is the only way Treon will start.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
gator lester;n284548 said:
surely you as an accountant know about obeying the rules, or get them changed.

So how do you know I am an accountant, when you have only been posting here for a couple of weeks? Hmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.