Jalen Tabor, Treon Harris suspended for Tennessee

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Treon will be gone after this year. Mac will try to help them both, but he won't reach them I'm afraid. Grady will be ok if he only has to play a quarter or less. If Grier gets hurt before the 3rd, the defense will have to be lights out.

Tabor has done nothing but prove his immaturity. He's a complete asshat. Personally, I liked Wilson over Tabor. IMO Tabor is slightly more talented, but he lacks maturity and is afraid of contact. Wilson has done nothing but play well and rep UF since he committed.

I think Mac should continue to mentor and work with them. It's just weed. I think Tabor is worse for refusing. You know he would've failed. At least Harris respected the process and was willing to face the consequences. Both are complete morons. though.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n284435 said:
I agree with this overall, but they know the rules and went around them. the rest of the student body gets punished for drug violations, so should these guys, especially considering the massive amount of infrastructure and support the university dedicates to their athletic and academic success. Mac has to apply some sort of punishment.

and if Tabor is now whining he should have gone to Maryland, well, go.

What other students get drug tested by the University besides athletes? Math team? Chess team? Maybe they do but I haven't heard about it.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
soflagator;n284429 said:
I'd agree. The reality is a large majority of these kids smoke. Some of our best teams have had these issues with some of our best players. Unfortunately, part of the deal. Neither kid should be sent packing, but both should be given fair warning that they are now on thin ice moving forward. As I said, I think this bodes worse for TH than Tabor because of the leadership element of the QB position. You just can't keep making these types of decisions and showing this type of attitude.
I agree with this as well. There is almost an unwritten rule in the NFL that some positions can be played by almost reckless dumb-asses. Think wide receiver for instance, but QB's are supposed to be leaders and responsible. Manziel and Rapeis are the exceptions.

Actually, if Harris were smart (which it appears he isn't) he'd switch position anyway. He's not going to sniff the NFL as a QB (sorry son, but you're no Russel Wilson) and he has the weed habits down of a WR or DB already.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't Coach Meyer make a few of these disappear or not end up in suspensions and look at the results he got here - 2 NCs? :exactly:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So Tabor harms the program once by the original infraction, and instead of remorse and embarrassment and going home and being a good boy and laying low, he further harms the team by making an ass of himself and his University on Twitter.

This is the kind of distraction that gets a team beat.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gator Fever;n284443 said:
Didn't Coach Meyer make a few of these disappear or not end up in suspensions and look at the results he got here - 2 NCs? :exactly:

Those were called migraines......

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;284429 said:
I'd agree. The reality is a large majority of these kids smoke. Some of our best teams have had these issues with some of our best players. Unfortunately, part of the deal. Neither kid should be sent packing, but both should be given fair warning that they are now on thin ice moving forward. As I said, I think this bodes worse for TH than Tabor because of the leadership element of the QB position. You just can't keep making these types of decisions and showing this type of attitude.

I expect more out of our QB. Somebody who constantly makes bad decisions off the field can't be expected to lead.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Cheeba is no big deal unless it costs your team... I'm okay with a second chance, but this behavior after his what 3rd incident? Tabor is a fool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
oxrageous;n284445 said:
You can definitely tell who the pot smokers are in this thread.
The funny thing is I'm defending them and don't ever smoke the stuff, I mean, never, while I'd bet some of the ones calling for sending them packing do.
I had my share back in college, but honestly I don't see the appeal personally. Give me beer, wine, whiskey, etc. any day, every day in fact. Come to think of it, I'd probably be better off toking LOL.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
The suspensions are warranted if nothing else because they violated team rules. It is annoying however that this is even an issue, given pot is now legal in several states. If these guys are caught underage drinking, do they get suspended for that too?

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Gator Fever;n284439 said:
What other students get drug tested by the University besides athletes? Math team? Chess team? Maybe they do but I haven't heard about it.

I've never been on the math or chess team but I'm quite certain they don't get the same "benefits" as the football players. They receive more so they are held to a higher standard, not saying I agree with it, just saying that's how it is and they knew that from day one. It's real simple do what your supposed to do or get the **** out.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't matter if you agree with the rule or not. The fact is.... there's a rule. Follow them or pay the consequences.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n284454 said:
The suspensions are warranted if nothing else because they violated team rules. It is annoying however that this is even an issue, given pot is now legal in several states. If these guys are caught underage drinking, do they get suspended for that too?

I'm all for legalization, but they know the rules up front and there aren't any excuses other than they would rather get high than play football.
abcdx.jpg

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bait'n Gator;n284456 said:
I've never been on the math or chess team but I'm quite certain they don't get the same "benefits" as the football players. They receive more so they are held to a higher standard, not saying I agree with it, just saying that's how it is and they knew that from day one. It's real simple do what your supposed to do or get the **** out.

Just because something is a law or a rule doesn't make it right. Its time for this tyranny with regards to college athletes and weed to end.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n284463 said:
Just because something is a law or a rule doesn't make it right. Its time for this tyranny with regards to college athletes and weed to end.

:rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.