James Robinson cleared for NCAA participation?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
By far...we should be able to light folks up if one of the dummies behind center can figure out that there's more than one receiver on the field ;)

And if the line can properly block both for running the ball and protecting the QB, after all if your QB is running for his life or on the ground he really can't throw the ball properly. If he has plenty of protection and a goo running game even a not great QB can be very effective.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So Lemons is the only one we are waiting on now to be officially qualified to play?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Graduating and qualifying at UF are different things. Graduating is indeed a first and necessary step, but it doesn't mean he'll be at fall practice.

Steve Carlson

Jan 10, 2017
Graduating and qualifying at UF are different things. Graduating is indeed a first and necessary step, but it doesn't mean he'll be at fall practice.
Qualifying at UF is the key here. Robinson has met the minimum NCAA requirements, still has to check out through our compliance and academic offices. But I am hearing lemons is still on track to do so. Robinson is the big one to get finished up

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Is it possible the sun is about to shine on the Swamp again? This group of receivers should make an average quarterback look good. We have got to be happy with this deepth. They are targets DBs love to explode on. If,if, if the OL
has matured, this could be a better year than
the past 5 or 6.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Is it possible the sun is about to shine on the Swamp again? This group of receivers should make an average quarterback look good. We have got to be happy with this deepth. They are targets DBs love to explode on. If,if, if the OL
has matured, this could be a better year than
the past 5 or 6.
It still comes back to qb play. good line and good WRs definitely help but the ball still has to be delivered on time and accurately, the defense still has to be understood to expose flaws/weaknesses, etc. I am pleased with the increased depth and what seems like improvement in talent, but if their isnt qb improvement its probably going to be for not.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Pumpers agree with dumpers that Mac as HC has failed at on-field competing versus FSU & Bama - against ranked teams too. Both Ps & Ds acknowledge that Mac has to improve-grow this year and on, to be worthy of staying as HC of UF. Pumpers insist to Mac that the 2017 Gator teams both O & D must be exciting. Pumpers agree that Nuss must be an impediment to developing a big-time offense and should be replaced by a mastermind at offense.

Pumpers merely have hope & faith that our Gator FB athletes are on track to be dominant & exciting for us. Franks will begin the season decently, but showing flaws of an inexperienced RS freshman. Pumpers stupidly extend understanding patience & Gator cheering as Franks cranks up his athleticism FB growth - along with upping UF game scores. Pumpers believe this year's Gators have the "bundling" of "breakout" stars (WRs, OLs, DLs, DBs, punter & FG kicker) to display a kind of Gator FB we all can be proud of.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Btw - are 247's star ratings legit? I noticed this at the bottom of the article...

"Robinson was one of 11 4-star signees in the Gators’ 2017 recruiting class."

And yet, I still see comments that we can't attract anyone better than 3-stars. There, I poked the hornets nest...
What's the overall % of 4-5*s signed compared to 3*s since Mac has arrived. How many top 100 or top 247 players has Mac signed since he's been here? The problem is getting the difference makers. Mac has yet to land elite talent.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What's the overall % of 4-5*s signed compared to 3*s since Mac has arrived. How many top 100 or top 247 players has Mac signed since he's been here? The problem is getting the difference makers. Mac has yet to land elite talent.

We have some talented recruits under Mac it appears even though that first class was a struggle and now he is bringing Zaire in who might be able to open the offense up a little. We will see what happens this season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Word is he's going to qualify also...so we'll see what happens.
Not sure what to think of this kid. He could be the biggest thing we've had on campus in a decade. But... there are also many red flags and an incredibly high chance he doesn't make it for various reasons.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know I'm a little late to the discussion on this, but has he cleared UF admissions yet? The last I heard he was cleared by the NCAA but still hadn't been cleared by UF. Has that changed??

I was listening to a podcast the other day and they said he has NOT been cleared.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's supposedly has nothing to do with grades. But has to do with behavior? I'm not sure if it had to do with what happened on the OSU campus?

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's supposedly has nothing to do with grades. But has to do with behavior? I'm not sure if it had to do with what happened on the OSU campus?
So if it is UF and not the NCAA why don't they go ahead and make a decision so this kid can move on if they aren't going to clear him?

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
just say sorry we can't take you so he has time to enroll at a JUCO. The longer this drags the harder it will be for him to get his aid paperwork figured out at a JUCO.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
just say sorry we can't take you so he has time to enroll at a JUCO. The longer this drags the harder it will be for him to get his aid paperwork figured out at a JUCO.

We probably never see him again if he doesn't get enrolled soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator