Jeff Driskel is starting for the Browns

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Driskett still being employed says more about the dearth of QB talent in the NFL than either of those two guys. I hate to say it, but it's true.
You'll get no argument from me on that. It's been sliding downward since the 2017 draft.

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
I remember watching him with Detroit a few seasons ago. First pass was a WR screen, second one was 5-yard hook, third one was a WR screen to the other side. By then, his arm was burning up. Three passes, seven total yards.
Yes, it might have been seven yards by the NFL's standards, but the analytics experts have it down for thirty-five yards, nearly twelve yards per attempt. The NFL doesn't account for the all important "sideways" yards that coaches, like Napier, and that Detroit Lions coach, do. A RB or WR can gain five or six yards before he hits the LOS in our offense. I bet Mertz threw for about ten thousand yards this season.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
dang, thats after 3 kids? i'd definitely put it in the poop chute.
Who are you, Bad Santa?

Billy Bob Thornton Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Well, Driskel didn't do so well. 2 TDs, 2 INTs (13/26). I guess it could have been worse. McCarron got to play, also. Talk about smoking hot wives!!!!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
That is actually a great night by Driskel standards.
While he didn't have monster stats on this day in Tallacrappee in 2012, for this one QUARTER, with my whole family in the stands witnessing the Clown fan meltdown, Driskel will forever be OK in my book (he didn't even have much to do with the success of this one quarter other than the fact that he didn't F it up!)...

fsu.png

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
While he didn't have monster stats on this day in Tallacrappee in 2012, for this one QUARTER, with my whole family in the stands witnessing the Clown fan meltdown, Driskel will forever be OK in my book (he didn't even have much to do with the success of this one quarter other than the fact that he didn't F it up!)...

View attachment 66255
Yes, he did a fine job of handing the ball off to Gillislee and Jones....but it was only the 2nd time I ever remember coming from behind to beat FSU.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

View attachment 66255
Is this the Matt Jones Game? The game he had a long-ish TD run?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.