Jeff Driskel

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I can see similarities between JD and Treon as far as college career path. Kudos to JD for getting his degree from UF and then doing the right thing by transferring his last year of eligibility. I'm glad he got to enjoy his last year of football and go out a winner. I do agree that he probably wouldn't have been able to do this week in and week out against SEC caliber competition, but it wasn't his fault that his coaches couldn't see that and played him until his confidence was shattered. Treon, I hope you watched last night.....Life is too short to be hated for playing a sport at the wrong place.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Man our QB luck has been unbelievable. Take Jeff and Jacoby, Cam, WG and some how our starting QB is still Treon Harris.. It's like all of this back loaded Karma for SOS just terrorizing this Confrence for a decade and a half. On top of that our biggest in state rival has a QB that rapes, pillages, plunders, and struggles with the English language some how back his way into a Heisman and a crystal ball. Seriously this has been a rough half decade since Tebow ascended to heaven... Er.. I mean... Graduated.. Yeah graduated.
That was the one of the best posts I have read in years. Every word on point. Especially the first sentence.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
The notion that JD has suddenly gotten dramatically better is BS. Obviously he has physical skills but the cerebral aspects are what kill him. When playing lesser competition being able to stare down one receiver with little pass rush is not a problem for him.

I refuse to believe the o coordinators during the muschamp years were THAT horrible. Go back and research the Missouri game. That's all driskel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I bet he becomes a starter in the NFL and scores a 45 on his Wunderlich. :eek:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The notion that JD has suddenly gotten dramatically better is BS. Obviously he has physical skills but the cerebral aspects are what kill him. When playing lesser competition being able to stare down one receiver with little pass rush is not a problem for him.

I refuse to believe the o coordinators during the muschamp years were THAT horrible. Go back and research the Missouri game. That's all driskel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This, of course, is what the Driskel discussion is really about. Just how badly was Driskel coached? Watching Jeff one can definitely see progress. Goes through progressions, protects the ball, etc. But then he can lose it as SSG has pointed out. So what conclusions will we reach when (if) he is drafted? And if he has even a moderate career will the honorable opposition admit that clumsy coaching ruined his college career?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This, of course, is what the Driskel discussion is really about. Just how badly was Driskel coached? Watching Jeff one can definitely see progress. Goes through progressions, protects the ball, etc.
What are you talking about? His game three weeks ago was 3 ints and 3 fumbles? That was his last game before the bowl (because he knocked them out of their conference championship game). He hasn't progressed at all. He is still Driskel, and frankly his QB coach/OC is one of the best in the business.

I will admit that he had no chance with Duncecap. Maybe two years with the new OC would have fixed him, but I doubt it.

Look, I won't post again. I'm tired of talking about this Directional Louisiana Bulldawg. You can post next, chalk it up as a "win", whatever. So over that Dawg.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Why is this thread near the top again? Are we just going to flog his corpse for the rest of the Bowl season?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What are you talking about? His game three weeks ago was 3 ints and 3 fumbles? That was his last game before the bowl (because he knocked them out of their conference championship game). He hasn't progressed at all. He is still Driskel, and frankly his QB coach/OC is one of the best in the business.

I will admit that he had no chance with Duncecap. Maybe two years with the new OC would have fixed him, but I doubt it.

Look, I won't post again. I'm tired of talking about this Directional Louisiana Bulldawg. You can post next, chalk it up as a "win", whatever. So over that Dawg.

Quitter.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it is a Gator board and those two were Gators. We talk about former Gators all the time.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well, it is a Gator board and those two were Gators. We talk about former Gators all the time.
You should be ashamed that these two threads hover near the top of this board day after day....Maybe someone should start another Urban rules thread....;)

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
'Driskeling'. A new urban dictionary entry to be sure... when cluster **** and can't get out of your own way come together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.