Jimbo hires Petrino

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
It’s an upgrade, but I’m not sure it changes all that much. Fisher is still an ED-laden loser whose wife is suddenly following the entire Lsu football team on Twitter.

All this does is give our upgraded defense the chance to crush them both again when we play at Kyle Field in ‘26, ‘27 and ‘30.
Post of the year so far :lol:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Even though I think Dumbo blows as a HC, I think this is actually a good move, regardless of the results. I am not saying this means ATM will win any more or any less, but the money guys at ATM pressured Dumbo to improve the offense and he has hired a guy who has shown he can move the ball and score points at high D1 and with different types of QB's. Secondly, Petrino sees this as his last chance to ever get a crack (if at all) as a HC back in D1 even if only at mid level. He has been at D8 for a while and jumped at a chance to be OC at UNLV, a football powerhouse. So jumping at this chance was a no brainer. If successful, then Dumbo looks good and the money guys will be happy. If it fails, then Dumbo can say "see, I told you so."

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Will ATM become the new "Coach Rehabilitation" program like what is being done at Bama?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Will ATM become the new "Coach Rehabilitation" program like what is being done at Bama?

It hasn’t done any favors for DJ Durkin. If you’re a closet homosexual that enjoys bonfires, weird chants and milk delivery guy outfits I guess it’s possible.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Just saw where Gus hired Darin Hinshaw to be OC at UCF. Darin's brother works for us and was telling me Gus is letting him call the plays. I wonder if Napier might come to the same conclusion that a HC has way too many other responsibilities to half ass such an important role....It would also be nice if maybe he would bring a UF alum in or possibly someone with UF ties the way Gus did with Hinshaw.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just saw where Gus hired Darin Hinshaw to be OC at UCF. Darin's brother works for us and was telling me Gus is letting him call the plays. I wonder if Napier might come to the same conclusion that a HC has way too many other responsibilities to half ass such an important role....It would also be nice if maybe he would bring a UF alum in or possibly someone with UF ties the way Gus did with Hinshaw.
I have no idea what capacity it would be....and his other work probably precludes him from doing it just because he makes more elsewhere, but I always wished Tebow was involved with the program still, purely from that fact that he's just a motivator, plain and simple. He speaks, players listen.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
For that to work, you actually have to win something.
True. But, and hear me out, I'm sure it is nice to get a job after being fired. And some of these coaches getting fired are really good at their jobs, or at least as a position coach, even though they deserved to be fired. And I kind of wish CBN would adopt this approach and snag some coaches. IMO, it brings in perspective and knowledge.

Last edited:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
The "thowin Mayoan"!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I have no idea what capacity it would be....and his other work probably precludes him from doing it just because he makes more elsewhere, but I always wished Tebow was involved with the program still, purely from that fact that he's just a motivator, plain and simple. He speaks, players listen.
If the NFL thing doesn't work out Trask seems like he would be a good coach since he was level headed and from all accounts very teachable.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If the NFL thing doesn't work out Trask seems like he would be a good coach since he was level headed and from all accounts very teachable.
Not very vocal though.
And not even in the Bill Belichick way where he'll speak up when he needs to.
I don't even know what Trask sounds like :lol: He's a good kid though. Hoping the long term plan in Tampa was to build him up under Brady til 12 leaves and Trask is ready to go. I think he could be serviceable if they let him play enough.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Not very vocal though.
And not even in the Bill Belichick way where he'll speak up when he needs to.
I don't even know what Trask sounds like :lol: He's a good kid though. Hoping the long term plan in Tampa was to build him up under Brady til 12 leaves and Trask is ready to go. I think he could be serviceable if they let him play enough.
I don't think QBs like to be yelled at and seldom respect you if you can't perform at, or above, their level. Trask could IMO.

The rest, I agree with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.