Jimbo hires Petrino

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not very vocal though.
And not even in the Bill Belichick way where he'll speak up when he needs to.
I don't even know what Trask sounds like :lol: He's a good kid though. Hoping the long term plan in Tampa was to build him up under Brady til 12 leaves and Trask is ready to go. I think he could be serviceable if they let him play enough.
Hopefully he ends up doing well with TB. The reason I think he might one day be a coach is he spent so much time as a back up on the sideline communicating with the coordinators, coach's and such plus he's patient and usually people who are teachable are also good teachers/communicators themselves. He also showed he is certainly a student of the game by the way stepped up when called upon and performed at a very high level....you don't do that without being a student of the game......besides I want a defensive coordinator to be the "yeller" on the sideline and my OC to be a silent, stone cold killer from the box....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to imagine jimbo giving full reign. That being said Bobby has put some solid offenses out there but I think he's a little overrated and they still don't have a qb. This is just a last ditch effort to avoid having to fire him and pay that big buyout.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Hopefully he ends up doing well with TB. The reason I think he might one day be a coach is he spent so much time as a back up on the sideline communicating with the coordinators, coach's and such plus he's patient and usually people who are teachable are also good teachers/communicators themselves. He also showed he is certainly a student of the game by the way stepped up when called upon and performed at a very high level....you don't do that without being a student of the game......besides I want a defensive coordinator to be the "yeller" on the sideline and my OC to be a silent, stone cold killer from the box....
Not to mention he was smart enough to toss Mullenz sideways offensive playbook in the trash (#Swonkey) and audible to a vertical passing game.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Part of beginning a recovery is knowing you have problem. At least Dumbo realizes he needs an OC. IMO part of the problem with the time/game management is that Billy is also the OC and it's more than he seemingly is capable of handling.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I used to see him quite often in Live Oak but havent seen him in years. Wonder what he is up to?
Head Coach of the Western Carolina Catamounts in Cullowhee, NC.

He’s a great coach and offensive mind, but I wonder how he’d fare with the 24/7 grind & recruiting our program demands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.