Justifiable negativity has overtaken the board

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think some people have a hard time differentiating the aka "real world" from message boards. I'm sure most of us have normal to exceptional lives outside of these boards. Negators don't go around kicking dogs and pissing in cheerios. ****, call it like it is...it's ok.

Btw, can we pull the plug on Grandpa Mac?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Pumper or critic -- does not matter which side of the fence you are on, one thing is for certain: Gator Nation is a house divided and the rift if very deep. Almost as bad as Republicans and Democrats. Is there a solution?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Pumper or critic -- does not matter which side of the fence you are on, one thing is for certain: Gator Nation is a house divided and the rift if very deep. Almost as bad as Republicans and Democrats. Is there a solution?

Yes there is, winning!!! And I really don't feel the rift is that bad, sure I have a different view but I can and do understand those that want a new coach and are frustrated by our current team of coaches. Another solution might be a top 10 class but I don't expect that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

I think pumpers are in complete denial. Keeping an OC that had two of the worst offenses we've ever had is more than enough to think that Mac is NOT the answer. Recruiting is below average for us. It's one thing to be optimistic...it's entirely another to shoot rainbows out of your ass and ride a unicorn to work everyday.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In my opinion there should at least be some improvement from year one to two. This year if you don't pay much attention to UF it looks like we had just as good good of a season as last year, but in reality it was worse and that's where the negativity is coming from.

The loses this year were all worse and more embarrassing than last year, the streak to ut ended while Muschamp continued his winning streak over Butch Jones, recruiting doesn't look any better and could be a step down from last year, and the offense somehow got worse, which no one thought was possible. There were also several questionable coaching decisions throughout the year, and that doesn't make things better either.

There's good too. The LSU win, we won the East (barely), and we have a kicker. But it's just difficult to enjoy those things when you've experienced everything else mentioned above, and there was not any sign of overall improvement from the year before. And again, there should be at least some improvement in year 2. Unfortunately I think next year may be another step down, but I've come to accept that. I'm now in a "wait til Mac is fired" mood unless they surprise me and actually make progress with this team. I won't hold my breath.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
In my opinion there should at least be some improvement from year one to two. This year if you don't pay much attention to UF it looks like we had just as good good of a season as last year, but in reality it was worse and that's where the negativity is coming from.

The loses this year were all worse and more embarrassing than last year, the streak to ut ended while Muschamp continued his winning streak over Butch Jones, recruiting doesn't look any better and could be a step down from last year, and the offense somehow got worse, which no one thought was possible. There were also several questionable coaching decisions throughout the year, and that doesn't make things better either.

There's good too. The LSU win, we won the East (barely), and we have a kicker. But it's just difficult to enjoy those things when you've experienced everything else mentioned above, and there was not any sign of overall improvement from the year before. And again, there should be at least some improvement in year 2. Unfortunately I think next year may be another step down, but I've come to accept that. I'm now in a "wait til Mac is fired" mood unless they surprise me and actually make progress with this team. I won't hold my breath.

This is a fair assessment. Foley should have ceded control of the program before hiring Mac. It was just one last tarnish on Foley's resume. The gymnastics fans on here will keep stroking him off but that guy sat on his ass and watched FSU and Bama pass us by while he was sitting in the 90's. He stayed on way too long. That's his legacy. Booby Bowden like.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting Lizards under the guise of them becoming Gators is the most disheartening aspect of Macs tenure and my outlook.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Age 5, I had a Heinz 57 wire-haired terrier. United forces couldn't keep him away from me.
His "at-my-sideness" caused me much embarrassment. Sunday, church deacons volunteered to
stay outside to reject "Teddy". So our pastor is speeching the dedication of our new baptysmal
(just there, behind those long wine-colored drapes). He turns arm-sweep gesturing, the curtains
open displaying a glass-front pool, ice-blue water and Teddy's face turned to the congregation.
I'm sure he was staring at that water figuring how he could get a drink, when the magic of the
curtains opening caused him to turn to the crowd. Everybody knew Teddy. Everybody gave a
good ole Christian fellowship laugh. It seems with deacon-guarded front doors, Teddy found a
long board some carpenter left slanting into an open window at the backof the church. Teddy just
waltzed up. The church body finally gave up hampering Teddy's church access; it must've been
the will of God.

So, sitting in my pew waiting for my name to be called to get my "perfect attendance" Vacation Bible School diploma, my pastor called out "Teddy Harrison" and I had to march up to get Teddy's perfect attendance diploma; of course Teddy marched right by me.

That small community was called Cantonment, (Pensacola outpost). For Homecoming (I'm still 5),
the Moms of us 5 y.o.s sewed animal costumes, Dads built wood-slat cages atop red wagons. They were all strung together and pulled by tractor across the FB field like some circus parade. In front of
all those people shy me was fine. I was in disguise, no one knew who was who. Then, I heard a
wave of laughter wafting along the stands. I saw people pointing. I looked down the line and there, sniffing every cage, came Teddy. When he got to my cage he popped loose 2 slats and crowded in with me. I was the only creature everybody identified.

Last edited:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I had one throughout my childhood. Great dog. Sandy was an outside dog and she followed me everywhere. I had to try to sneak away to get to pee-wee football. I'll never forget doing leg lifts and hearing a commotion just before she started licking my face through my facemask. Then our o-line coach kicked her in the side to get her to leave. I still regret not ripping him a new one, but you know how it is when you're 75 lbs and he's a gruff, bulked-up grown man.

She followed me everywhere around our suburban neighborhood. She broke in a screened pool enclosure (the hottest girl in school - thanks Sandy...) and waited all night for me at a friends house when she didn't see me go home. Great dog.
Damn.... What an awesome dog... The whole time I was reading that I was smiling and thinking about my dog, Roscoe. He LOVED my kids...

We originally tried to make him an outside dog but we couldn't keep that dog outside for anything...and I'll say this... he was the easiest dog to house train we've ever had. When my son turned 16 and would head out to get in his truck, Roscoe would be waiting by the front door. My son would put him in the back of the truck but he never road back there well... He'd whine and paw at the back window and until he let him in the truck with him. The dog eventually figured out at weakness in the latch in the back window and he'd unlatch it and climb through the back window of the truck while they were driving down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.