Kalif Jackson

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
It never hurts to add a 6"4 receiver. This is the kind of receivers we need to be getting. After watching his highlight tape he actually looks better than earmon lane. This kid looks extremely underrated. I don't care that we've had a few db' s decomitted and a another scat back committed to Clemson. We don't need any more db' s right now and we just signed Powell we don't need another small rb. I don't care if he's a 3 star or a whatever star, watch his highlight tape and you'll see he looks like a ball player. Our last 3 committs have been needs and our last 3 decomitts were waste of scholarships. Things may not be as bad as they seem. And this is comming from a realist.
Earmon lane was freakin soft. He had alligator arms at ua game. He got abused when his team played on espn. He was a 5 star because of his size and speed and how he performed in the camps. Put football pads on him he's garbage. I was mad when we lost cook but not lane. He was a 5 star because of he was a work out all star,his stats were also not very impressive. As far as Campbell is concerned I think it depends on how our season goes I think he's in wait and see mode. You should watch lane and Jackson's highlight tapes.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Also I don't know why they were making such a huge fuss over ray ray mcloud today? Really was everyone really that excited about him?
Imo we need a Todd Gurley ,derrick Henry type of big back that the linebackers are going to be tired of tackling at the end of the game. Showers,Powell, we have a 4 star slot guy from Louisiana committed. I had enough of scat backs personally with Rainey and demps they can only take you so far them alone. I would rather see us add a big athletic rb.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Also I don't know why they were making such a huge fuss over ray ray mcloud today? Really was everyone really that excited about him?
Anybody with that body type will more than likely be at the B position in this offense. Roper likes the quick guys that can work in space. That's why Matt Jones is probably going be more of a pass catcher this year than RB.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
showers and the kid are at Wr , though Dillon, I think his name is can play wr. And Powell last time I looked was at 195 , all the rest are 215- 230 + range.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n20245 said:

If he would have committed to us the party would still be going on!

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just checked Hudl, they had him at 6'5" 196 lbs, though rivals has him at 206 so who knows, runs a 4.6 and a 38" ver. Benches 245. As per 24/7 he is destined for the "B" position , looked like he had good hands on hi video , and he catches with his hands rather than w/his body. Should be able to put on some weight and finally he's a high 3 star probably a 4 next year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The only time Ermon Lane impressed me was during 7 on 7 with Grier. He seemed to have a mojo with Grier. He looked mediocre the rest of the time.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
There's no way Powell is 195. And showers was taking a few hand offs

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
I would feel much more confident having McCloud. I would not count Dillon as a sure thing since LSU hasn't offered him yet. If they do, that could make it dicey for him coming to UF. Uf could have had Derrick Henry, but I think they backed off of him due to character issues. Let's hope Kelvin Taylor has a breakout year.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
The only time Ermon Lane impressed me was during 7 on 7 with Grier. He seemed to have a mojo with Grier. He looked mediocre the rest of the time.
yep 3 years from now no one will remember Ermon Lane, so over rated.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:
t-gator;n20245 said:

If he would have committed to us the party would still be going on!
Idk about that. He wouldn't have been a bad addition but he wasn't a huge need.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It would be pretty nice if we landed him and Campbell. A pair of tall receivers would be pretty nice for the future.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hoping we can get some o linemen and d linemen and linebacker.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I want that excited about him as a WR, due to his ranking; however, we are going to play him in the hybrid TE (B) position and from what I've learned he projects to be very good. I think it's a good pick up. If the recruiting services rate him as a TE, he may get that 4th star. He may get it anyway, being offered by UF. He's as solid as they get, too. His mother went to UF and it's only an hour and a half from his home.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Of course Showers was taking hand offs, Ropers said all along he's going to use him on end arounds and jet sweeps. But he's positioned at and practicing and on the depth chart as a slot receiver it's where he was taking all his or most of his snaps in spring.As for Powell the pictures I saw of him when he was alone at FNL and not dwarfed by line men I can believe he;s 190 +

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
I want that excited about him as a WR, due to his ranking; however, we are going to play him in the hybrid TE (B) position and from what I've learned he projects to be very good. I think it's a good pick up. If the recruiting services rate him as a TE, he may get that 4th star. He may get it anyway, being offered by UF. He's as solid as they get, too. His mother went to UF and it's only an hour and a half from his home.
This guy looks like he would abuse corners like Kelvin Benjamin. I think he could play receiver.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ermon Lane is overrated IMO. Now, losing Dalvin Cook just sucked. I haven't seen anything on this kid yet, but his measurables are nice.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n20330 said:
Cool name

That should get him that 4th star!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n20295 said:
Cook is the one that really stings...i was not that impressed with Lane at all especially in the UA game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.