CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Meanwhile, this scumbag who had the audacity to take a knee during a song has donated about half a million to various charities, including a recent donation to Meals on Wheels (who Trump wants to defund). What an assh*le!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...-donation-time-meals-wheels-article-1.3004757

I'm pretty sure Meals on Wheels is not a federal program. It's a state to state program.

Back to Kap...call him whatever. He screwed his own career.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why does it have to be black balled?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Meanwhile, this scumbag who had the audacity to take a knee during a song has donated about half a million to various charities, including a recent donation to Meals on Wheels (who Trump wants to defund). What an assh*le!

Or another way to look at it is that this ingrate took other peoples money he was able to earn with no talent other than to amuse people and gave some of it away. The giving some of it away I guess is nice, but the failure to appreciate where he got the money because he is fortunate enough to live in a free country where people are free to sell their time for its highest valued use shows his shallowness. Instead he disrespects a country full of people not like him who have never the less showered him with cash.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Or another way to look at it is that this ingrate took other peoples money he was able to earn with no talent other than to amuse people and gave some of it away. The giving some of it away I guess is nice, but the failure to appreciate where he got the money because he is fortunate enough to live in a free country where people are free to sell their time for its highest valued use shows his shallowness. Instead he disrespects a country full of people not like him who have never the less showered him with cash.
Yeah or he thinks it's a country that can improve how it treats some of its citizens and was exercising his constitutionally protected right to say so. :dunno:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah or he thinks it's a country that can improve how it treats some of its citizens and was exercising his constitutionally protected right to say so. :dunno:
You don't have a constitutionally protected right to say anything at work.

And the constitution only limits the govt from forbidding you from saying something.

Not that actual law matters to a lefty.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You don't have a constitutionally protected right to say anything at work.

And the constitution only limits the govt from forbidding you from saying something.

Not that actual law matters to a lefty.
Cool story, bro? You guys can continue to lose your sh*t over a guy taking a knee while he's actually trying to make a difference.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

I am happy to entertain this view. Can you get me a quote where he says something positive about the country whose people have made him worth over $100 dollars? Can you give me a quote where he says the US is a good country but could improve here or there? I would love to hear this view from him.

As of now I just know him as an ingrate who when he thought it was popular protested the country and then after Trump won and he saw this was not so popular and he had to get a contract he let it out that he would not kneel this year. If he has the really really strong views, he should stick to his guns. If he is a moron, perhaps he become more circumspect. If he really really appreciates the country and people who made him rich, he should let that be known.

Anyway, I am waiting to read the quotations that you did up. I was not able to find any myself.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I am happy to entertain this view. Can you get me a quote where he says something positive about the country whose people have made him worth over $100 dollars? Can you give me a quote where he says the US is a good country but could improve here or there? I would love to hear this view from him.

As of now I just know him as an ingrate who when he thought it was popular protested the country and then after Trump won and he saw this was not so popular and he had to get a contract he let it out that he would not kneel this year. If he has the really really strong views, he should stick to his guns. If he is a moron, perhaps he become more circumspect. If he really really appreciates the country and people who made him rich, he should let that be known.

Anyway, I am waiting to read the quotations that you did up. I was not able to find any myself.
I have great respect for the men and women that have fought for this country. I have family, I have friends that have gone and fought for this country. And they fight for freedom, they fight for the people, they fight for liberty and justice, for everyone.

http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2016...ick-addresses-sitting-during-national-anthem/

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Kaepernick said:
I have great respect for the men and women that have fought for this country. I have family, I have friends that have gone and fought for this country. And they fight for freedom, they fight for the people, they fight for liberty and justice, for everyone.

Nice quote, but does that does not quite do it does it? No where does Kaepernick say in that that he has a positive view of the country. He admires people in the military and claims to believe that his friend have fought for freedom and the people and liberty and justice. But the country as a whole? He does not seem to have mustered up any positive words for it.

So I again look forward to you providing a quote that has anything to do with Kaelpernick saying something positive about the country and people who made him a multi-millionaire and that he is just protest trying to make it even better.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...-donation-time-meals-wheels-article-1.3004757

And no one would know that if Kap weren't still seeking attention. There are literally thousands upon thousands of people that donate or volunteer every day and don't feel the need to call the media and let them know.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nice quote, but does that does not quite do it does it? No where does Kaepernick say in that that he has a positive view of the country. He admires people in the military and claims to believe that his friend have fought for freedom and the people and liberty and justice. But the country as a whole? He does not seem to have mustered up any positive words for it.

So I again look forward to you providing a quote that has anything to do with Kaelpernick saying something positive about the country and people who made him a multi-millionaire and that he is just protest trying to make it even better.
There are a lot of people who live in this country and think it has a LOT of room for improvement. Most of them wear silly red hats.

And no one would know that if Kap weren't still seeking attention. There are literally thousands upon thousands of people that donate or volunteer every day and don't feel the need to call the media and let them know.
Either that or everyone accuses him of lying when he said he would be donating to charities. Regardless, he's putting his money where his mouth is. If you can't respect that, I don't know what else to say.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Cool story, bro? You guys can continue to lose your sh*t over a guy taking a knee while he's actually trying to make a difference.

I'm all good with Kap or anyone else trying to make a difference. I don't even have to agree with their cause. I have great respect for those who actively try to make the world a better place.

My problem with Kap is that his actions accomplished very little except bring attention to himself. His actions seem selfish and immature. If he thought that the police were mistreating minorities then he was in a unique position to start a dialogue with the authorities and the community. He could have worked as a liaison between the police department and local citizens and organizations. The authorities would have taken him seriously and welcomed his actions simply due to his celebrity.

He could have been a positive force focused on improving police training and relations with minorities. Instead Kap chose the lazy, inconsiderate and inappropriate action of taking a knee while others honor our country.

Imagine if MLK had chosen to simply take a knee during the anthem instead of actually working towards making a change.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
There are a lot of people who live in this country and think it has a LOT of room for improvement. Most of them wear silly red hats.

1. I agree that many people on both sides of the isle think there is room for improvement in the country. Odd that you would denegrate some for the red hats they where. What do you have against 49ers and their fans anyway?

2. All I am looking for is some understanding that he got his money from a country and people that he has a positive view. I am not seeing that yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.