Kerwin Bell has Valdosta State on fire with offense

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There was a lot of gnashing of teeth over his experience level five, six, seven years ago. I wish we had hired him as OC assuming he was interested. I mean, duh, he quarterbacked a pro-style offense in college. The man knows football.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But an FBS team CANNOT schedule a D 2 team.

While this may be true in the real world, on the internet, all Div1aa and some Div 1 schools from little league conferences ARE called "Dee 2".

You must talk often about a coach you dont like losing to Dee 2 teams. It the only way to prove how much you really know about football.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think they can SCHEDULE more, but only one win vs FCS counts toward bowl eligibility.
Yeah many coaches have used the "multiple" 1aa team trick to pad the win percentage.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There was a lot of gnashing of teeth over his experience level five, six, seven years ago. I wish we had hired him as OC assuming he was interested. I mean, duh, he quarterbacked a pro-style offense in college. The man knows football.

Bell must really, really want to be a head coach because I'm sure he could have landed somewhere in the SEC or ACC as an OC....making, literally, 3 to 4 times what he's making at Valdosta State.

A few years ago, Everette Withers left Ohio State as an assistant making around $600K to take over at James Madison for around $325K. He left for Texas State, where he's making around $500K.

Personally, I'd have stayed at OSU (back then) w/ a pretty safe job on the big stage vs. having to run a second rate program in a small town w/ no budget, and all the other issues smaller programs have.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
A FWIW post---since the last post in here(Sept 26th), Valdosta St has played 2 games more games---winning 63-42 and 59-28. Still averaging over 540 yds/game and 8.5yds/play. Undefeated through 6 games.

Kerwin is STILL cranking that offense out. Really glad for his success.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The year Malzahn was hired as OC
I think it was the year Malzahn LEFT to be HBC at Arky State.

Loeffler took the job, worked his magic taking them from top 20 to 110th or so, and got Chizik fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator