Kiper: Calloway is 1st round talent, tests + for weed

What round will Antonio Callaway go in the NFL draft?

• 2nd

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • 3rd

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • 4th

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • 5th

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • 6th

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • 7th

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Undrafted

Votes: 11 11.3%

• Total voters

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He is an idiot, but someone dumber than him will draft him.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
e0a6b8bc28fc2bf17cbbfaa9b40c6037.jpg

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He is an idiot, but someone dumber than him will draft him.

If he is taken early, it'll be some team that can afford to make a mistake. It could be the browns who have been so bad they just need bodies or a team like the pats whose culture doesn't have a problem taking on problems with the idea of fixing them.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I'll just never understand how people can't stop smoking marijuana, especially with MILLIONS on the line.
Unreal. He knows he's under a microscope, on the verge of making millions or nothing, and right before draft, he says, "Sure man, I'll hit that blunt.

$hit for Brains.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone want to change your vote and meet me down in the "undrafted" zone?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
*In before the “it’s just weed” comment*

I’m even at the point of losing all hope for this guy. My word man, he just keeps outdoing himself.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, the best thing to do right before the combine that will determine your future and your income, is to get baked.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...io-callaway-tested-positive-marijuana-combine

"Shortly after Callaway was informed that he tested positive, he and his former agent, Melvin Bratton, parted ways."
Bratton played FB for the Canes back in the Schnellenberger era. Big dude. Probably had a futile come-to-Jesus moment with AC.

If his draft stock wasn't torched before, it is now.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Weed is good. Millions of dollars are better. Pretty simple. Callaway doesn’t seem to understand this. I know for a fact that a lot of current professional athletes are smoking and have failed drug tests. The distinction is they waited for an NFL team to at least draft them and agree to pay them before they decided to take that gamble. Also, in many sports, teams won’t make it public knowledge the first time you’ve failed a drug test. You have to be a repeat offender. Do I think athletes should legally be able to smoke marijuana? Yes. I don’t care because it doesn’t give you a competitive advantage and it has medicinal value when used for sleep, pain management, etc. Maybe athletes will be once it is legalized on the federal level. That being said, if you told me I was going to make MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to play a game as long as I stayed away from it, weed would magically disappear from my consciousness altogether. Callaway just seems to have a fundamental lack of discipline. I take back what I said. He’s just dumb.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Weed is similar to booze. Most use it in moderation. Others become dependent. For some it becomes a gateway drug.

I smoked pot in high school, less in college. Fortunately, I was able to walk away from it. Like anything else that's mind altering, it's overrated.

I mean, Pop Tarts are not that great. I could go through boxes of the sh*t when I was buzzed.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Weed is similar to booze. Most use it in moderation. Others become dependent. For some it becomes a gateway drug.

I smoked pot in high school, less in college. Fortunately, I was able to walk away from it. Like anything else that's mind altering, it's overrated.

I mean, Pop Tarts are not that great. I could go through boxes of the sh*t when I was buzzed.

I don’t buy the idea that weed is a gateway drug. I know a lot of people that smoke weed that are completely opposed to or have no interest in other drugs. They just like their weed. I know a lot more people that drink and have no interest in weed. Most of them will partake in more nefarious vices given the opportunity. I will say it’s amazing to me how much weed is vilified when juxtaposed to alcohol, which is seemingly celebrated and encouraged to be consumed in sports culture. I agree that a dependency to any substance can negatively impact someone’s life, but I know of a lot more instances of alcohol ruining lives than weed.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t buy the idea that weed is a gateway drug. I know a lot of people that smoke weed that are completely opposed to or have no interest in other drugs. They just like their weed. I know a lot more people that drink and have no interest in weed. Most of them will partake in more nefarious vices given the opportunity. I will say it’s amazing to me how much weed is vilified when juxtaposed to alcohol, which is seemingly celebrated and encouraged to be consumed in sports culture. I agree that a dependency to any substance can negatively impact someone’s life, but I know of a lot more instances of alcohol ruining lives than weed.
I didn't say it was a gateway for everyone or that it was any worse than booze. Frankly they both suck, but booze does more damage internally than pot. I think that's pretty much universally accepted as truth.

What l did say was it was a gateway for some. You're in denial if you think that's not true.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't say it was a gateway for everyone or that it was any worse than booze. Frankly they both suck, but booze does more damage internally than pot. I think that's pretty much universally accepted as truth.

What l did say was it was a gateway for some. You're in denial if you think that's not true.

I think you can get addicted to getting high or experiencing a “better” high if you have an addictive personality. It can be a gateway in that sense. Sure. However, I disagree that weed is universally accepted as being less damaging or harmful than alcohol in any way. Although it is changing with this generation, there is still a pervasive stigma when it comes to pot. There has not been any taboo associated with alcohol since the days of prohibition.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
some bar in Colorado will do pot-infused Margarita, or MaryJo Manhatten

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If you took his IQ and multiplied it by 100, you might have enough intelligence to tie your shoe.....if you didn't drool all over yourself in the process.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
I think you can get addicted to getting high or experiencing a “better” high if you have an addictive personality. It can be a gateway in that sense. Sure. However, I disagree that weed is universally accepted as being less damaging or harmful than alcohol in any way. Although it is changing with this generation, there is still a pervasive stigma when it comes to pot. There has not been any taboo associated with alcohol since the days of prohibition.

The difference is the time that has past since prohibition.

Either way Calloway has proven time and time again that he is not the best decision maker.

Mensa candidate he is not.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Add another one to the talented but too stupid to make use of his talents pile. He's like Ryan leaf and Josh Gordon. He'll be in jail within a decade I'm sad to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator