Lane Kiffin signs extension

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Please explain with the past AD and present AD and their hiring history, what makes you think UF has a shot at any championship. And give a time frame that you expect to see the Gators play for that national title.

Our expectations as fans and winning championships obviously are not the expectation of the AD with their constant frugal and long shot hiring's. What Ole Misss did with Kiffy is no different than giving Chump a raise and extension, then butters.. etc Those coaches clearly weren't going to bring championships but were given golden parachutes.,.. and were so schitty that there was no hope of another school wanting them, had to fire them and bite the buyout, whereas Kiffy will be sought after sooner or later...
I'm talking about fan expectations, not AD expectations. Ole Miss fans have no expectation of championships.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm talking about fan expectations, not AD expectations. Ole Miss fans have no expectation of championships.
Quite true, my cousin and her husband (he played for their Basketball team) have a piece of the goalpost from when they beat us under Zook in Oxford. Their expectations are just happy with a 10 win season. The level of expectations are completely different tiers.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Oh Yeah Reaction GIF

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Isnt their stadium capacity 64k or something like that?

Ole P!$$ sitting at 21 commits ranked at 21. Last year 23rd. Years before that ranked 27th, 17th (wow...great job) and then 34th. I know, I know...bUt iTs oLe mIsS...where have we heard that argument before? I know, I know...hE dOeS mOrE wItH leSS...heard that before as well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you had a choice right now between Kiffin and Napier to hire as your next head football coach, who would it be, and why?

You have exactly 30 minutes from now to answer or you get a 3 day vacation.
Fuchsing NEITHER.

The guy has been fired at every job he's ever had except FAU and Ole Miss.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
then what makes you think we have a chance at a championship if the AD doesn't ?? and is happy with 10-2 coaches, well they were, now they are happy with a 6-6 coach

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
then what makes you think we have a chance at a championship if the AD doesn't ?? and is happy with 10-2 coaches, well they were, now they are happy with a 6-6 coach
They dont want a buffoon who is an embarrassment to the university and all humanity. Basically anyone who ever used Joey Freshwater pseudonym to pick up undergrads or strippers.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The admin is just happy with the lack of issues, especially with the new ESPN/SEC deal, and other endorsements. It's about not being a black-eye. They are scared money, just like the coaches they hire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator