Lane Kiffin signs extension

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Correct. Fooley never grasped the concept of “buy the best and you’ll never be disappointed”. Doesn’t matter if it’s steak at the butcher shop, HVAC systems/installation or college football coaches. You cut corners for the sake of a few bucks and you end up spending more in the long run.
But Foley didnt cut corners with the money spent...he just paid top $ for crap. So whats your point again? Sounds like you think lame kitten is top shelf.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
But Foley didnt cut corners with the money spent...he just paid top $ for crap. So whats your point again? Sounds like you think lame kitten is top shelf.

Foley & Foley, Jr. did cut corners with $$$. Granted they way overpaid for Sun Belt Billy as you noted, but they didn’t pony up top of the top for him. They opted to pay $7m for the current doofus instead of paying $10-$12m for an established, proven winner at the P-5 level. That’s the monetary corner they cut with the most recent hiring fiasco. This doesn’t even address the cut corners on facilities b/c we didn’t want to “get in an arms race” but I won’t rehash that now.

And no I don’t think Kiffy is top shelf but he sure is a step above our current rot-gut well brand roaming the sidelines-not Patron but also not Pedro’s Rubbing Alcohol/Tequila mixture either.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
And no I don’t think Kiffy is top shelf but he sure is a step above our current rot-gut well brand roaming the sidelines-not Patron but also not Pedro’s Rubbing Alcohol/Tequila mixture either.
That sounds like foley reasoning...a real connoisseur of poop

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
no ones ever claimed your mom is top shelf, but we still enjoy her on the weekends :grin:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He paid half price for bottom shelf. 50 mil is a lot of money but "proven" coaches were making 100 mil. (Even, lol, Cristobal, proven .500 coach.) If Simple Bill had ever managed to win three games in a row, Foley & Foley Jr. would have doubled his salary and paid him top 3 money and doubled the contract length to congratulate themselves for making another fantastic hire and being SOOOO smart.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
But the notion floated in this thread that he's just another ticket to nowhere is simply laughable in that it suggests it's an automatic waste of time to hire anyone but Saban, Smart or Swinney. In other words, 99.5% of the rest of the field.
Coaches that have a 10+ year track record of losing aren't suddenly going to be the coach that takes you to glory. Kiffin has a ceiling and he's already crashed into it.

He ain't going to win 10 games next year. Wouldn't shock me if he never won 10 games again.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coaches that have a 10+ year track record of losing aren't suddenly going to be the coach that takes you to glory. Kiffin has a ceiling and he's already crashed into it.

He ain't going to win 10 games next year. Wouldn't shock me if he never won 10 games again.

94-49 in college. That's not losing. Second in the toughest division in college football. That's not losing. 10-2 with a chance to finish 11-2. That's not losing.

I don't know if he has a ceiling. I don't know if he doesn't and neither do you. But you better hope he does because after the enormous flop by your chosen guy, the paybacks will be huge.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Maybe you are confused since this is a gator board?

No, I’m not. I posted information that is relevant to our program. Other SEC schools hiring/firing/extending coaching contracts impacts us, be it directly and/or indirectly. I know you think this is rocket science…it’s not.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Anyway you slice it, the window to hire lane kiffin has closed. Whether he'd be worth a shcit here or not is a pointless debate. We missed our window. Waiting one more year sucks

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not as disappointed as I am that she would lower her standards to you.....
Meh Manny Santiago GIF by UFC

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
94-49 in college. That's not losing. Second in the toughest division in college football. That's not losing. 10-2 with a chance to finish 11-2. That's not losing.

I don't know if he has a ceiling. I don't know if he doesn't and neither do you. But you better hope he does because after the enormous flop by your chosen guy, the paybacks will be huge.
Chosen guy? No. I wanted (and still do want) Walt Bell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.