LB Coach Jay Bateman to A&M as new DC

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Guy gets a promotion and a fresh start of course he is going to leave. Not saying he had much to work with at UF (he did not) but our LB play was poor. Isn't Spikes around (no not endorsing him as LB coach) but he can soothe any disappointment with the LB's while they try to find a competent hire (now that is not something any of us have confidence in).
Sorry but is an endorsement, You own this.

I think it was probably difficult for our position coaches to get their units together under our DC. Napier and Armstrong are not high level SEC OC/DCs and I can see that these guys, with experience under competent program leadership, might have checked out. But, even if they are actually mediocre position coaches, Napier hired them. We are in a weird place. We don't know if our talent is second tier SEC or if Napier just has a terrible eye for... errrthing.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
This is what everyone said about Raymond when we got him. He was the best recruiter in the country and a damn good DB/CB coach.

How did that work out?
What's true, that Napier hired a big name but mediocre coach who cannot recruit well or teach players how to play the game? I really don't know. Did he get fired or did the two departed coaches say "to hell with this mickey mouse organization"?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s only a terrible look for the university because Graham decided to spout it publicly. He didn’t have to do that. All he did was embarrass his son as well as the school he supposedly loves.
Holy Schmoly, you can’t be serious. You will go to any length to defense this turd.

I’m beginning to think this is like a Skip Bayless v. Stephen A. argument. Whatever side the majority is on you will dig in to support the other side.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Holy Schmoly, you can’t be serious. You will go to any length to defense this turd.

I’m beginning to think this is like a Skip Bayless v. Stephen A. argument. Whatever side the majority is on you will dig in to support the other side.
If my post irritated you, even for a nanosecond, it gives me a tremendous sense of satisfaction.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If my post irritated you, even for a nanosecond, it gives me a tremendous sense of satisfaction.
I knew it. I fuchsing knew it. It’s all a ploy to get more clicks.

Its A Trap Epix GIF by PENNYWORTH

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I knew it. I fuchsing knew it. It’s all a ploy to get more clicks.

Its A Trap Epix GIF by PENNYWORTH
Trust me, the current state of this board is not conducent to more web traffic. Quite the contrary.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Trust me, the current state of this board is not conducent to more web traffic. Quite the contrary.

I don't know Ox, I think this board is really starting to turn a corner. I mean, look at this glowing endorsement and positivity...
I have no idea if Bateman is good but I 100% do not blame him for doing whatever he had to do to land a DC position that puts millions in his account over 3 seasons especially since it's a coin flip if this staff will be here in 12 months.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Stadium and gale said this morning that Bateman was offered in the middle of the night and then aTm leaked it. Billy really may have been blindsided.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
You're a bloody idiot. Once it comes out that Napier didn't even know, I expect an apology from your dumb ass.

Graham was out of line and burned his Gator card.
Earnest Graham is a real gator. Unlike this dumbass redneck that will get fired in less than a year. Napier is worse than mcelwain by miles. He's by far the dumbest coach we've ever had here. He's a moron that couldn't coach a high school football team to a winning season. His "process" is a dumpster fire. You're one of his only supporters left. Get off his dick dude. You suck. Ban me. Idc

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have had anger issues since before I joined this esteemed establishment. This is nothing new, apparently just like my post which you are mocking me about.

That hurt man. Cut straight to the bone.
Not to rub salt in the wound, but bj not happening

:lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Earnest Graham is a real gator. Unlike this dumbass redneck that will get fired in less than a year. Napier is worse than mcelwain by miles. He's by far the dumbest coach we've ever had here. He's a moron that couldn't coach a high school football team to a winning season. His "process" is a dumpster fire. You're one of his only supporters left. Get off his dick dude. You suck. Ban me. Idc
You're too dumb to ban. You make jboss look like Albert Einstein. I'd feel like I was abusing the handicapped.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
It’s only a terrible look for the university because Graham decided to spout it publicly. He didn’t have to do that. All he did was embarrass his son as well as the school he supposedly loves.
When I read it, I thought, aside from what we see and ascertain through our own vast collective intellects, he may have inside scoop that would floor us.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hmmmmm. Some may be getting shoved to the mind camp. :lol2:

1703283595833.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
When I read it, I thought, aside from what we see and ascertain through our own vast collective intellects, he may have inside scoop that would floor us.
If he does (and I seriously doubt it), then he should have encouraged his son to sign elsewhere, or wait until NSD to see how things play out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He should get an honorary degree for that hit alone.
He HAS a degree and a I don't believe a grad degree is required.

But it is required to be a grad assistant. Or whatever he is doing. Maybe intern I dont know.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
1) Earnest Graham is a Gator and will be until the day he dies. His Gator card is made of out fire retardant material. I'm inclined to give his a pass for a lot of things.
2) Putting myself in his shoes, I too woulda been pissed if CBN knew Bateman was leaving and didn't share it with me and/or my son. (Big "if" btw.)The Grahams have been nothing but loyal and bleed orange and blue and were entitled to special treatment.
3) Graham should have kept his opinions out of social media. Rule #1: Never talk outside school. Praise should be public; criticism - at that level - should be private.

My two cents (or three I guess).

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1) Earnest Graham is a Gator and will be until the day he dies. His Gator card is made of out fire retardant material. I'm inclined to give his a pass for a lot of things.
2) Putting myself in his shoes, I too woulda been pissed if CBN knew Bateman was leaving and didn't share it with me and/or my son. (Big "if" btw.)The Grahams have been nothing but loyal and bleed orange and blue and were entitled to special treatment.
3) Graham should have kept his opinions out of social media. Rule #1: Never talk outside school. Praise should be public; criticism - at that level - should be private.

My two cents (or three I guess).
Rules of Fight Club should apply in these situations. Having said that, first stop would be at Billy’s office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.