LB Coach Jay Bateman to A&M as new DC

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
All our bad coaches keep getting hired and promoted? :). Room for Hocke now

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Also – speaks highly to his character that he waited until he brought in this great linebacker class before he left.

I’ll be very vague here but on a personal level, he’s a really good guy whose family and my own have had some interactions. I was pulling for him here. Hope he does well there.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
We didn’t fire him. He got a promotion and left of his own accord. What could we possibly do?
I think whats being implied is the announcement the day after signing day means its a bit of a farce to recruit players to play there for you and then the day after take that job. What we dont know is what conversations were had with the recruits before hand so jumping to conclusions that he lied to the recruits is a bit wrong but the possibility still exists...hence...dont get mad if recruits leave.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think whats being implied is the announcement the day after signing day means its a bit of a farce to recruit players to play there for you and then the day after take that job. What we dont know is what conversations were had with the recruits before hand so jumping to conclusions that he lied to the recruits is a bit wrong but the possibility still exists...hence...dont get mad if recruits leave.

At this point, it should be abundantly clear that you should never sign with a school for a coordinator, much less a position coach. If they are good, they will get promoted. If they’re bad, they will get fired. The chances of you going 4 years with a position coach are beyond slim. I’ll give him credit for not jumping ship and going there and trying to pull those guys with him.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is what everyone said about Raymond when we got him. He was the best recruiter in the country and a damn good DB/CB coach.

How did that work out?
Do you know who Jamar Chaney is? And our history with him?

Because the two aren’t comparable.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
well, speaks volumes of his character can kinda go both ways on this. Pretty crappy if the players signed thought he would be their coach but maybe (hopefully) they let them know on the downlow and maybe (even more hopefully) they got someone else already lined up that they know about.
I’m pretty sure that they knew.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
At this point, it should be abundantly clear that you should never sign with a school for a coordinator, much less a position coach. If they are good, they will get promoted. If they’re bad, they will get fired. The chances of you going 4 years with a position coach are beyond slim. I’ll give him credit for not jumping ship and going there and trying to pull those guys with him.
Meh...I dont think much has changed with recruiting when it comes to the coaches you play for. It is, and always will be about the relationships you build. Florida is a pretty campus, the stadium is great but its about the guys you play with and play for. Yes, NIL is a huge factor as well, but the guys we signed at that position probably had some attractice offers other places as well along with some good relationships built. So, again...dont be mad if they leave, or ask to leave, because if they didnt tell them the position coach was leaving or acted like he wasn't leaving then it is something that brings distrust into the dynamics. Its not a hard concept to understand. For a lot of people its abundantly clear that honesty is a top priority. But we dont know the truth and just speculating, not saying it happened or didnt, just saying it isn't something to be dismissed.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do you know who Jamar Chaney is? And our history with him?

Because the two aren’t comparable.
Please enlighten me how he’s so much better at his position then what the world thought of Raymond at the time Taters stole him from LSU. Raymond was like landing a goldmine when hired and Taters was amazing at pulling him away.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Uh, have you seen our defense? How is this a loss?

Also, this is an enormous promotion and pay raise for him. Those acting like he's fleeing because the ship is sinking are being even more moronic than usual. He'd be leaving even if him and Billy were in a sexual relationship and had made secret vows to each other never to be apart.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Please enlighten me how he’s so much better at his position then what the world thought of Raymond at the time Taters stole him from LSU. Raymond was like landing a goldmine when hired and Taters was amazing at pulling him away.
Well, Raymond was that at the time but its been said that the changes in recruiting (NIL) and the college game sour'd him the last few years.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Uh, have you seen our defense? How is this a loss?

Also, this is an enormous promotion and pay raise for him. Those acting like he's fleeing because the ship is sinking are being even more moronic than usual. He'd be leaving even if him and Billy were in a sexual relationship and had made secret vows to each other.
I kinda thought when Shemar and Scooby were playing our LBs looked semi decently coached. It got bad when they got hurt and the bench came in.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Raymond was that at the time but its been said that the changes in recruiting (NIL) and the college game sour'd him the last few years.
As I said at the beginning of this thread, I’m speaking of what was said when Raymond was hired.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I dont think much has changed with recruiting when it comes to the coaches you play for. The guys we signed at that position probably had some attractice offers other places as well along with some good relationships built…if they didnt tell them the position coach was leaving or acted like he wasn't leaving then it is something that brings distrust into the dynamics. But we dont know the truth and just speculating, not saying it happened or didnt.

1703178302981.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.