LB Coach Jay Bateman to A&M as new DC

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
As I said at the beginning of this thread, I’m speaking of what was said when Raymond was hired.
And I was saying I think he was all that when he was hired and he changed while here at UF. Maybe Im misunderstanding and dont have all the content...sorry...backing out of yalls discussion.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Misinterpret Over Your Head GIF

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I kinda thought when Shemar and Scooby were playing our LBs looked semi decently coached. It got bad when they got hurt and the bench came in.
Scooby? YGTBSM. He had moments, and I do mean rare moments, where he looked somewhat competent. Those were few and very far between.

Shemar, Robinson and Nunnery were the only guys who looked the part, and Nunnery is a little light in the azz. Everyone else looked lost.

Robinson gets a pass because he was a true freshman.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Please enlighten me how he’s so much better at his position then what the world thought of Raymond at the time Taters stole him from LSU. Raymond was like landing a goldmine when hired and Taters was amazing at pulling him away.
When did I say he was better than Corey Raymond? They don’t even coach the same position. Chaney is known as a recruiter. Not an on field coach. He’s at his first onfield position this year.

You’re obviously being combative and negative for no reason.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Scooby? YGTBSM. He had moments, and I do mean rare moments, where he looked somewhat competent. Those were few and very far between.

Shemar, Robinson and Nunnery were the only guys who looked the part, and Nunnery is a little light in the azz. Everyone else looked lost.

Robinson gets a pass because he was a true freshman.
yeah...agreed, I couldnt remember who was in before Scooby (but honestly, it didnt drop off as much until when he went out)...but yeah, Robinson and Nunnery. Nunnery was a big surprise actually who stepped in for Shemar if I remember right.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And I was saying I think he was all that when he was hired and he changed while here at UF. Maybe Im misunderstanding and dont have all the content...sorry...backing out of yalls discussion.
There is no content you are missing. What my position was in my statement was very specific. It was @GatorJ who apparently took offense to it by asking me if I knew who Chaney is and what he meant to our program.

You are good and echoed my sentiments.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Corey Raymond has come out and said that he hates NIL. And that it hurts relationship building and recruiting. Insiders have also come out and said that he has been flirting with the NFL because he doesn’t feel college football is the same anymore.

Him getting let go is no surprise to me. He wasn’t able to bring in talent and it reflected on the field. He really didn’t want to be here anymore.

Getting rid of the DL Coach was a little bit more of a surprise to me because of his recruiting. But we have been one of the worst teams at getting to the quarterback over the last couple years. It had to happen.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is no content you are missing. What my position was in my statement was very specific. It was @GatorJ who apparently took offense to it by asking me if I knew who Chaney is and what he meant to our program.

You are good and echoed my sentiments.
How have I taken offense? You seem to be the one that’s offended. You’re the one bashing the idea of him coming on as a coach. So I asked if you knew who he was? and his history with our program.

You compared him to a coach that was known for recruiting. But other than that, they have nothing else in common. It’s not even with the same position.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When did I say he was better than Corey Raymond? They don’t even coach the same position. Chaney is known as a recruiter. Not an on field coach. He’s at his first onfield position this year.

You’re obviously being combative and negative for no reason.
J, all I said was everyone said the same thing about Raymond at the time we hired him. I know they don’t coach the same position. Everyone was excited we pulled the best, most proven recruiter away from LSU and a great position coach. Certainly far better and far more proven than Chaney.

You took offense with “huh?” So I explained myself and then followed up with “do you even know who he is? What his relationship is with our team?”

I’m not being combative or argumentative. Never mind. Sorry I got your happy thread off track.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
J, all I said was everyone said the same thing about Raymond at the time we hired him. I know they don’t coach the same position. Everyone was excited we pulled the best, most proven recruiter away from LSU and a great position coach. Certainly far better and far more proven than Chaney.

You took offense with “huh?” So I explained myself and then followed up with “do you even know who he is? What his relationship is with our team?”

I’m not being combative or argumentative. Never mind. Sorry I got your happy thread off track.
Star Trek Ok GIF

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He got passed over a promotion for a guy that's 20 years younger than him and his unit ended the season as maybe the worst in the league. I don't blame him at all for leaving, but I can't say this upsets me either.

Gatorbait_007

Jan 14, 2016
I’m pretty sure that they knew.
Per Earnest Graham
"My son was raised to understand the business as it exists but there has been new levels of disconnect with this program that I have NEVER ever experienced. No calls, no communication and the dryest experience imaginable. I’m just going to START there."

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Per Earnest Graham
"My son was raised to understand the business as it exists but there has been new levels of disconnect with this program that I have NEVER ever experienced. No calls, no communication and the dryest experience imaginable. I’m just going to START there."
Oh my goodness.

I guess not…

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

No. That makes sense. And it wasn’t meant to be a happy thread. I think Bateman leaving is terrible for the program.

I don’t think anybody expected Raymond to give up the way he did. Honestly, it sucked.

I just don’t see how Napier is going to survive. If I had my way, I would fire Napier and throw a **** ton at Urban Meyer. Ask him to fix the program and help identify the next coach to take over.

With the portal, Utban Meyer would be vying for a championship in two years.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Per Earnest Graham

Another negative fan.

My God. Fire every single human being inside the athletic building today. This isn’t even crisis mode anymore. It’s full blown deliberate destruction. Burn it down.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Uh, have you seen our defense? How is this a loss?

Also, this is an enormous promotion and pay raise for him. Those acting like he's fleeing because the ship is sinking are being even more moronic than usual. He'd be leaving even if him and Billy were in a sexual relationship and had made secret vows to each other never to be apart.

This, it's a fuching promotion.... let the man continue to further his career. If he mislead recruits, that will come back later to bite him in the ass. But nothing has been shown as that having happened.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
That seems to happen to us a lot.

Gatorbait_007

Jan 14, 2016
I just quoted Myles Grahams father in reply to someone saying the players probably knew.
But yes burn it down.
Another negative fan.

My God. Fire every single human being inside the athletic building today. This isn’t even crisis mode anymore. It’s full blown deliberate destruction. Burn it down.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Another negative fan.

I really don’t think anything substantial is going to happen. Ever. These people despise football and merely tolerate it for financial purposes. Meyer broke these snowflakes and they don’t have the spine necessary to deal with the intensity of championship football. The incompetence of these soy boys and their willingness to hire inept coaches and staff stems from complete apathy for a game that they think is only suitable for entertaining trailer trash. Graham is attesting to it. They want to be Harvard, in every way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.