He and Carmelo will both be Lakers.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatornation561;n8178 said:
Lebron isn't leaving south beach unless wade and bosh both opt in to the remainder of their contracts. Lebron is opting out in order to get wade and Bosh to Opt out, and then get them to take less money or ship Bosh out and rebuild. Wade isn't leaving Miami.. it just isn't happening but he does need to take less money and opt out in order for another rebuild to begin. If anybody leaves it will be Bosh. Whether he opts in or out the heat will either restructure his contract or ship him off to free up cap space. Wade is a hometown hero in Miami.
Regardless of what they say, there's obviously animosity between LeBron and wade. Wade was pouty and played poorly in the finals. He's seriously considering leaving Miami

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatornation561;n8178 said:
Lebron isn't leaving south beach unless wade and bosh both opt in to the remainder of their contracts. Lebron is opting out in order to get wade and Bosh to Opt out, and then get them to take less money or ship Bosh out and rebuild. Wade isn't leaving Miami.. it just isn't happening but he does need to take less money and opt out in order for another rebuild to begin. If anybody leaves it will be Bosh. Whether he opts in or out the heat will either restructure his contract or ship him off to free up cap space. Wade is a hometown hero in Miami.

Not sure Wade opts out. He'd be walking away from money that will never be on the table again for him at his age. Lebron and Bosh both have time left to earn the money. Wade has also made it rather clear that he will not play in Miami if Udonis isn't there. Honestly, getting rid of Wade may be the best thing for the future. Will it cause an uproar? Sure. But, business is business. Encourage Ray Allan and Shane Battier to move on towards that retirement village as well. That would probably still require Bosh to opt out and restructure, but it would give them some headroom.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Battier was done after the season. Seems like I remember hearing that during the coverage of the last game. And Allen definitely has to be close.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n8186 said:
I thought Battier was done after the season. Seems like I remember hearing that during the coverage of the last game. And Allen definitely has to be close.

It is very possible. He's getting up there. Allen is 38 or 39, I believe. I don't know how much either makes so I'm unsure how much cap relief either retirement would provide the club.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
Battier is leaving and becoming a college announcer - he'll be great at that. I believe Udonis is at risk, as well as Chalmers. The Denver Nuggets have basically paying Anderson's salary and if that sweet deal is over then he might be leaving too.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n8184 said:
Not sure Wade opts out. He'd be walking away from money that will never be on the table again for him at his age. Lebron and Bosh both have time left to earn the money. Wade has also made it rather clear that he will not play in Miami if Udonis isn't there. Honestly, getting rid of Wade may be the best thing for the future. Will it cause an uproar? Sure. But, business is business. Encourage Ray Allan and Shane Battier to move on towards that retirement village as well. That would probably still require Bosh to opt out and restructure, but it would give them some headroom.

They would let Wade walk in a heartbeat if it meant keeping LeBron but like you say he won't give up that much money probably. I doubt Miami will be able to make any big moves even with the 3 taking some hit against their pay.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
LeCramps will wind up in Los Angeles... Wade is not opting out... why in the world would he do that?

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR said:
LeCramps will wind up in Los Angeles... Wade is not opting out... why in the world would he do that?
You have to opt out of your current contract in order to re negotiate your current one. So all three of them either has to take their current deal or opt out for another one. Even if one are going to accept the same amount of money, just less now and more later, then he has to opt out.

If all three opt out, it is very likely they are re arranging their deals to make more salary space under the team's cap.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR said:
He's as good as gone.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Went back in and rethought this. Has to be either the Heat or the Lakers, who have 48.6 million in cap space. Kobe can become an unrestricted free agent and make additional room for possibly LeBron and Melo, and I wouldn't doubt his willingness to do it either. He's got maybe one good run left in him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n8237]Went back in and rethought this. Has to be either the Heat or the Lakers, who have 48.6 million in cap space. Kobe can become an unrestricted free agent and make additional room for possibly LeBron and Melo, and I wouldn't doubt his willingness to do it either. He's got maybe one good run left in him.[/QUOTE]

I don't see him going to the Lakers. Why would he want to play with an old Kobe and a Melo that doesn't defend. If he leaves Miami it's going be Cleveland,Houston,Chicago,or clippers via sign and trade

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Couldn't they amnesty wade if they wanted to?

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought he would opt in with Miami for a year just to see what happens next year with the roster and such. I do think he leaves Miami

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw said:
I thought he would opt in with Miami for a year just to see what happens next year with the roster and such. I do think he leaves Miami
I wouldn't blame him. It's going to take a few years for the heat to build a roster around him that could win a championship. I don't think anyone expected wade to lay down like he did either.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I just hope "The Decision II" is half as good as the first one. You know the sequels usually suck.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n8280 said:
I just hope "The Decision II" is half as good as the first one. You know the sequels usually suck.

ESPN is already plotting to make this one bigger and better!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is Leroy on board yet?

I'm anxiously awaiting the meltdown by the We Worship MeBron Crowd.

Does that make me a bad person?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n8327 said:
Is Leroy on board yet? I'm anxiously awaiting the meltdown by the We Worship MeBron Crowd. Does that make me a bad person?
Nah. That's not what does it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator