Lemons Decommits, then REcommits, then REdecommits

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like he's back in the class if he gets his test score...on the other hand, this Zach making the prediction. We need to get his HS teammate, DT Kane Taylor!

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/floridas-top-recruiting-targets-no-10

With the dead period now in effect, SEC Country is counting down the top 10 recruiting targets for Florida in the Class of 2017.

No. 10 is Adarius Lemons, a 3-star running back from Clearwater, Fla.

Recruiting importance of Adarius Lemons
Lemons has always been the top target for UF at the position. He was ranked the state of Florida’s No. 1 running back, but now has a 3-star rating because he missed most of his senior season due to suspension. He decommitted from the Gators on Oct. 25 after being dismissed from his high school team, but they rebounded with 3-star running back Malik Davis from Tampa, Fla. However, following the transfer of Jordan Cronkrite, the coaches need to sign a second back in this year’s class and Lemons is their man.

Biggest competition for Adarius Lemons
There is none. Lemons originally committed to North Carolina before flipping to Florida on July 24 after Friday Night Lights. The Tar Heels continued recruiting him into the fall, but they are no longer in the picture. Lemons racked up 24 offers — including LSU, Michigan and Ohio State — prior to his senior season, but UF is the only school that kept tabs on him during his off-the-field troubles. Lemons repeatedly has stated he wants to work his way back into Florida’s class.

Signing day projection for Adarius Lemons
Following his suspension, Lemons transferred to Pinellas Secondary School to finish the semester and improve his academics. Lemons announced Tuesday that he will transfer back to Clearwater High School for the spring semester after making the necessary grades this fall. If Lemons earns an adequate test score on his ACT, he will be qualified for Florida. Running backs coach Tim Skipper had an in-home visit with Lemons last week and offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier is in contact with his high school coach, Don Mesick. If Lemons stays on track academically, expect him to sign with the Gators.

A few of the kids in my neighborhood have classes with Lemons, they have differing opinions of the cause in his grades. Some say he is just that dumb others have said that once he started to get offers he assumed he would coast. Where the truth is, who knows.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
A few of the kids in my neighborhood have classes with Lemons, they have differing opinions of the cause in his grades. Some say he is just that dumb others have said that once he started to get offers he assumed he would coast. Where the truth is, who knows.

Any of those kids know what Kane Taylor is going to do (or if he even has an offer from UF). Honestly, I'm surprised he's not committed. I read in an article from October, when Miami offered him, that he said he really wanted an offer fro Miami and UF. Haven't heard anything else since then.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Any of those kids know what Kane Taylor is going to do (or if he even has an offer from UF). Honestly, I'm surprised he's not committed. I read in an article from October, when Miami offered him, that he said he really wanted an offer fro Miami and UF. Haven't heard anything else since then.

I haven't asked, they are the ones that brought up Lemons because of the Gator flag on my porch.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Just curious why you quoted a very long OP to say this. My thumb got tired from the extra scrolling.

I hope he's grown up and learned valuable life lessons in time to help out the good guys!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just curious why you quoted a very long OP to say this. My thumb got tired from the extra scrolling.

I hope he's grown up and learned valuable life lessons in time to help out the good guys!

Hit reply, didn't think about it until after the fact.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hit reply, didn't think about it until after the fact.
zMn6oRw.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Lemons tweeted positively for UF today. Are the coaches making him wait on grades or something to publicly commit?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Lemons tweeted positively for UF today. Are the coaches making him wait on grades or something to publicly commit?

We are probably waiting to see what a 3 star RB decides before we let Lemmons in the class

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd guess they told him to keep his crap together and if he gets his ACT score up, then he's in. I really hope he's learned something this year.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

I'm not going through the whole thread and don't know if this is here...but, dang, this guy looks good.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I'm not going through the whole thread and don't know if this is here...but, dang, this guy looks good.

Probably one of the top 5 backs in this class.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Great balance, breaks tackles, elusive................what's not to like.
Hope he gets the academics thing figured out, or somebody else is gonna get a good RB.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator