Les Miles blames AD for Franks flipping to UF

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Les Miles explains how Florida was able to flip QB Feleipe Franks from LSU

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...ains-florida-able-flip-qb-feleipe-franks-lsu/

Not that this weekend’s Florida-LSU rivalry game needs anymore bad blood, but let’s remember for a second that Florida QB Feleipe Franks was once a Tiger commit.

In fact, he flipped his commitment only six weeks before enrollment, leaving LSU in a tough place.

On Wednesday, Ross Dellenger of The Advocate spoke with former LSU coach Les Miles, who explained that then-new Florida coach Jim McElwain was able to use negative recruiting to get Franks away from LSU:

“Somebody calls you and says, ‘Listen, I just got the head coaching job at Florida. I want you to come be my quarterback, and I’m not going to be fired,’” Miles said. “‘That Miles guy, he’s going to be fired. Handwriting is on the wall.’”

Miles added that LSU AD Joe Alleva’s comments to the media weren’t helping Miles and the Tigers convince Franks to stay, either:

“They could paint a stable position, and I really … as soon as they got rid of Muschamp and went with McElwain, there was an offensive guy,” Miles said. “(The Franks family) felt like it was going to be different, and there was always a dark cloud hanging over my head as long as (athletic director) Joe Alleva was going to talk to the press.”

Of course, Franks ended up as a Gator, and there’s no changing that now. Still, it’ll be a little extra motivation for the Tigers this week to prove to their former commit that he should have stayed.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
What I got out of reading that was that Franks wanted to go to Florida but went with LSU because of Muschamp. Once Muschamp was fired and the offensive guru Jim McElwain was hired Franks switched to UF.

The Franks family thought things would be different in Gainesville with the new coach.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
“They could paint a stable position, and I really … as soon as they got rid of Muschamp and went with McElwain, there was an offensive guy,” Miles said. “(The Franks family) felt like it was going to be different.”
Looks like the joke was on the Franks family.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ole Les...

i-can-t-keep-calm-i-m-a-drama-king.png

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I am pretty certain Mac has said on more than one occasion that they don’t partake in negative recruiting? I take from that article that macs nose might start growing

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What I got out of reading that was that Franks wanted to go to Florida but went with LSU because of Muschamp. Once Muschamp was fired and the offensive guru Jim McElwain was hired Franks switched to UF.
Yeah, imagine how many recruits we can land if we hired an offensive Guru who didn't finish a hundred or worse every year. we could land a great class this very year.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Franks doesn't look unhappy to be at Florida. He's already part of Florida football lore as the man who tossed The Heave to Cleve. Besides, LSU's offense isn't exactly tearing it up lately.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did anybody bother asking Franks? What does Miles know about what was or wasn't said between Mac and Franks? Sounds like a lot of speculation on the part of Miles to me.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am pretty certain Mac has said on more than one occasion that they don’t partake in negative recruiting? I take from that article that macs nose might start growing
It doesn't necessarily mean that he was negative recruiting. He could have just emphasized the fact that he was just starting here and wouldn't be going anywhere for awhile, leaving it up to Franks to read all of the press about Miles being fired.

It's a common sales tactic called ghosting that you can read about here:
https://www.asherstrategies.com/blo...ing-discriminators-not-spooky-just-effective/

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Really? Like he would be better off with the LSU dumpsters fire?
Reading comprehension is your friend. They said they thought the offense would be different going from Muschamp to Butters. It hasn't been. In some ways it's been worse.

And by the way, are you saying the UF ISN'T a dumpster fire right now? Franks has been poorly developed and is only even playing right now because LDR got hurt. We could be 0-4 right now.

The people that liked your post should be even more embarrassed than you.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016

The Franks family thought things would be different in Gainesville with the new coach.
I wonder, after 2 years, does he regret that? Mac sucks worse than Champ.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I don't see how this is really all that negative. Alleva did 99% of the damage himself. If Mac pointed out the obvious I mean, go cry a river Les. Your AD wanted you out and made it very obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.