Les Miles blames AD for Franks flipping to UF

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Somebody calls you and says, ‘Listen, I just got the head coaching job at Florida. I want you to come be my quarterback, and I’m not going to be fired,’” Miles said. “‘That Miles guy, he’s going to be fired. Handwriting is on the wall.’”

sounds alot like negative recruiting to me. I dont care. but mac has stated numerous times he doesnt do this. just thought it was interesting to hear an insiders take, as we are not privy to this stuff

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Somebody calls you and says, ‘Listen, I just got the head coaching job at Florida. I want you to come be my quarterback, and I’m not going to be fired,’” Miles said. “‘That Miles guy, he’s going to be fired. Handwriting is on the wall.’”

sounds alot like negative recruiting to me. I dont care. but mac has stated numerous times he doesnt do this. just thought it was interesting to hear an insiders take, as we are not privy to this stuff
It was the truth. Miles WAS fired.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
It was the truth. Miles WAS fired.
So, at the time mac was making these comments had miles been fired? Otherwise it was speculation, which is akin to negative recruting. The fact that mac was validated when miles was fired was irrelevant

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So, at the time mac was making these comments had miles been fired? Otherwise it was speculation, which is akin to negative recruting. The fact that mac was validated when miles was fired was irrelevant
Whether or not it was "negative recruiting" I don't know (or care - all coaches do it). He told the kid the truth - Miles was going to be fired. That's all I know.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Reading comprehension is your friend. They said they thought the offense would be different going from Muschamp to Butters. It hasn't been. In some ways it's been worse.

And by the way, are you saying the UF ISN'T a dumpster fire right now? Franks has been poorly developed and is only even playing right now because LDR got hurt. We could be 0-4 right now.

The people that liked your post should be even more embarrassed than you.
Yes, I am saying that UF is far from a dumpster fire. I am not saying that Mac has done well or that the offense we expected him to achieve has been reached. Mac's ability to win close games and the quality of recruits coming to the LSU game proves that beyond reasonable doubt. I will go a small step farther and say that if Mac is fired it will likely be for defense not offense.
What I still can't figure out is how you and others maintain your dignity as things continue to straighten out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Since when is "winning close games" at Kintucky and FAU EVER a desireable trait at THE FVKKING UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA??!!!! This possible the most IDIOTIC pumper bullshyt of all the pumper bullshyt.

It is also absolutely hilarious that finishing 100th again is "straightening out the offense".

Butters is fvkking trash. The embarrassing part is that he can't even produce as much offense as Chimp and Chimp didn't give a **** about offense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Whether or not it was "negative recruiting" I don't know (or care - all coaches do it). He told the kid the truth - Miles was going to be fired. That's all I know.
why would you not want a coach to make note of an opposing team's being in hot water? or noting that Miles has top talent but can't produce an offense? It's undoubtedly what we did to Miles then....and is undoubtedly what every other team is going to do to us now.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Since when is "winning close games" at Kintucky and FAU EVER a desireable trait at THE FVKKING UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA??!!!! This possible the most IDIOTIC pumper bullshyt of all the pumper bullshyt.

It is also absolutely hilarious that finishing 100th again is "straightening out the offense".

Butters is fvkking trash. The embarrassing part is that he can't even produce as much offense as Chimp and Chimp didn't give a **** about offense.
Gee, law, does the dislike mean you are worried about your dignity?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did anybody bother asking Franks? What does Miles know about what was or wasn't said between Mac and Franks? Sounds like a lot of speculation on the part of Miles to me.
Who cares. Id be mad if we were not stating the obvious to recruits.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
it’ll be a little extra motivation for the Tigers this week to prove to their former commit that he should have stayed.

I don't know that LSU is using the Franks flip as motivation in any way. I'd be willing to bet their heads are so consumed with their own pile of crap that they aren't concerned much about guys that chose a different team. Maybe you are right on a few players who personally liked and wanted Franks there, but I imagine 98% of that locker room is simply wondering if Coach O is going to right this ship or if they should look to transfer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The bigger joke was on us.
Yeah, 35 year journeyman offensive "guru" (whose guruness was apparently WELL hidden all those years) peanut butter expert is the practical joke that got us all.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Reading comprehension is your friend. They said they thought the offense would be different going from Muschamp to Butters. It hasn't been. In some ways it's been worse.

And by the way, are you saying the UF ISN'T a dumpster fire right now? Franks has been poorly developed and is only even playing right now because LDR got hurt. We could be 0-4 right now.

The people that liked your post should be even more embarrassed than you.

You must not like reality much. At that point in time, Mac hadn't stumbled his way through 2+ seasons at UF, he was 'an offensive guru / qb whisperer' which was why there was some buzz (not shouting from the rooftops, just elevated expectations coming out of the WM era) that our offense would be better. And Miles had been in a hotseat going on 2 seasons, very likely to get fired at any time - or did we forget the near coup done to him at the end of the previous season? Reality at the time of Franks' commitment was that Miles was not fired, but could be at any moment. Reality at the time was that we were free of WM and the new guy was believed to be more offensive minded, which provided some hope or promise of being 'better'.

I'll stand by AR and state I don't believe UF is a dumpster fire right now. It isn't where we want the program to be, but Mac has won the East twice, built a 22-9 (16-3) record while he has been here. He's brought in several WRs (though Callaway is a bonehead, and Cleveland got hurt, the others are decent and not Andre Debois), built a stable of running backs (Scarlett made a mistake, but Perine showed promise last year, Davis is delivering this year, and we've got Lemons + 2 more next year). I'll continue to stand by my view that we aren't where we want to be, but we're better than people are willing to accept.

For a guy who firmly believes two NCs absolves Meyer of any sins, you don't want to give Mac any credit for winning.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
At which point on this planet was Jim McElwain ever thought of as an offensive guru?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What I still can't figure out is how you and others maintain your dignity as things continue to straighten out.
I'm guessing you're watching different games than I do. We aren't any better now than we were in Mac's first year. It's inexcusable to be this bad in his third season.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'll stand by AR and state I don't believe UF is a dumpster fire right now. It isn't where we want the program to be, but Mac has won the East twice, built a 22-19 (16-3) record while he has been here. He's brought in several WRs (though Callaway is a bonehead, and Cleveland got hurt, the others are decent and not Andre Debois), built a stable of running backs (Scarlett made a mistake, but Perine showed promise last year, Davis is delivering this year, and we've got Lemons + 2 more next year). I'll continue to stand by my view that we aren't where we want to be, but we're better than people are willing to accept.

For a guy who firmly believes two NCs absolves Meyer of any sins, you don't want to give Mac any credit for winning.
We barely squeaked by UT and were lucky to beat UK - both AWFUL teams. Those are teams we should be destroying. Mac was lucky in that he took over when the East was as bad as it's ever been. Our schedule is a joke - even western foe LSU is terrible these days.

Also, comparing Meyer's winning to Mac's winning is laughable. Meyer actually put hardware in the trophy case. Mac hasn't won a damn thing since he's been here. "Eastern" titles aren't titles. He's won nothing. When he wins the SEC I'll be singing his praises just like 2222.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, I am saying that UF is far from a dumpster fire. I am not saying that Mac has done well or that the offense we expected him to achieve has been reached. Mac's ability to win close games and the quality of recruits coming to the LSU game proves that beyond reasonable doubt. I will go a small step farther and say that if Mac is fired it will likely be for defense not offense.

The only decent team we've played so far is Mich. And they prison raped Mac and Co. They embarrassed us. How is that straightened out? If and when he starts beating ranked teams regularly we can then say he has straightened things out. If you're ok getting prison raped by FSU, Mich, Bama, etc then you need to get some dignity and raise your damn bar for excellence.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
At which point on this planet was Jim McElwain ever thought of as an offensive guru?

Apparently back in Pop Warner, he devised a play called the "annexation of Puerto Rico" that sealed a game. The legend just took off from there.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Heard the local radio guys here in Atlanta mockingly calling him the QB whisperer yesterday. I thought to myself, maybe he needs to start speaking louder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator