Looks like Cook sh*t the bed at the combine

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There's the muppet, I've missed you. Theory?
Well I guess your right, my father ain't a Gator and I don't hate him.
Nah man, I was talking about your inference that the reason Im not all over cook is because hes not a gator, youve implied it a few times.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fournette is ten times the talent that Cook is. And those mock drafts that had Cook going in the first round were before he showed what a mediocre physical talent he was at the combine.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Fournette is ten times the talent that Cook is. And those mock drafts that had Cook going in the first round were before he showed what a mediocre physical talent he was at the combine.

I saw a mock yesterday that had Cook going 23 to the Giants. Yes I agree with you that Fournette is more talented. The one thing I kind of question with Fournette is toughness. By that I mean, he seemed to take himself out of a lot of action this past year nursing an ankle I think. I understand he's got millions on the line, but I don't see that flying in the NFL. But he should succeed.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

In my opinion Fournette should be the first back off the board, but both backs will be off the board by the end of the first round.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Well looks like I was wrong with Cook, and he wasn't taken in the first rd. I'll eat my humble pie like I said I would. Still think the guy will do good in the NFL and some team is gonna get him cheap now.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Well looks like I was wrong with Cook, and he wasn't taken in the first rd. I'll eat my humble pie like I said I would. Still think the guy will do good in the NFL and some team is gonna get him cheap now.
You manned up and I respect that. Would like your post twice if I could.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn't surprise me if Cook went undrafted. Either way, he'll be cut in training camp.

His McDonald's career will start even earlier than anticipated.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn't surprise me if Cook went undrafted. Either way, he'll be cut in training camp.

His McDonald's career will start even earlier than anticipated.

His shoulder is trashed.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

I thought he was a lock too. If Pack get him in the early second, that'll be scary in the offense. Let's hope the Browns snag him :lol:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I dont see it. I think Cook is the better back. We will see. Combine aint real football. It is a beauty pageant.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I dont see it. I think Cook is the better back. We will see. Combine aint real football. It is a beauty pageant.
Fournette is the better overall back, however he's also more likely to be on the IR :lol:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Fournette is the better overall back, however he's also more likely to be on the IR :lol:

Time will tell. Cook is a more complete back while Fournette is a 2 down back. As a Jag fan (and not a Cook fan), I hope you're right...minus the IR part.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The Buc fans that are also FSUcks fanss are acting like the morons they are...one guy said he hopes that Cook runs all over Tampa when they play. He's a Buc fan and say that trash. Most people think the Bucs got the steal of the 1st round. These idiots are whining and complaining. F em

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The Buc fans that are also FSUcks fanss are acting like the morons they are...one guy said he hopes that Cook runs all over Tampa when they play. He's a Buc fan and say that trash. Most people think the Bucs got the steal of the 1st round. These idiots are whining and complaining. F em

Cook is a fine back but he doesn't fit the Bucs' style of back - least what they've had lately with Martin, Rodgers & going back to Rainey. Those guys run low & squirm their way to 8 yards or more. Cool can break tackles but he's looking for a crease & go - and those creases are rare in the NFL.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I thought Cook was going in the first round as well, especially with NO at 32.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.