LSU band deliberately plays over Petty tribute, then issues BS statement about it

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I remember their elitist "we are only allowed hurricane empathy" attitude from last year, and the band stunt seals it. Whenever the next cat 5 storm goes through that toilet they call home, I'll call the Red Cross and tell them to go **** themselves and close my wallet.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You’ll be disappointed. We exchanged recipes and then had a discussion on self fornication. Pretty boilerplate stuff. There were kids around so I chose to end It there

He did get a look at this hangnail on my finger too.
:bna:

I expected a scalp.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Ya, I usually dont get too caught up in some of this back and forth, but that was a crap move. It's not like the first time in decades that LSU has been to UF and they just didnt know what was going to happen. They were pretty obvious about it. I am fairly certain if I was behind them I would have taken a dive into their fat ass tuba section.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
You’ll be disappointed. We exchanged recipes and then had a discussion on self fornication. Pretty boilerplate stuff. There were kids around so I chose to end It there

He did get a look at this hangnail on my finger too.

Wait a second. I thought you were at the UF game? Sounds like you’re telling us you were really in the stands at the South Carolina game. :)

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
:bwahaha:

It is funnier bc Corch said it.
i can be irreverent but I gotta admit they have the best food out there and that band can play..........they just need to stfu when we have business to attend to at SOS Field. Tommy might have appreciated it as he probably played some rowdy ass venues in his formative years............

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I wond how upset they would be if the UF band played a song in the middle of a tribute to pistol pete.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Just another reason to HATE LSUck. They were told of the Tribute and just decide to do it anyway. Can't wait for these asshats to come back next year.
Why? What are we gonna do about it with Butters on the sideline?

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Why do we allow opponents bands to sit where they do? stick them in the corner of the north endzone cheap seats, others teams do that to our band.

Punto

BANNED
Jan 22, 2015
I was mad about the game before I saw this clip. Now, I'm f--king steaming!

When I was at UF (92-96), the Swamp was an intimidating and dangerous place for other teams, their bands, their fans, and even their coaches' wives.

The Swamp isn't scary anymore. That needs to change. ASAP. Because of their AD's hurricane-stunt, we don't have to wait too long for LSUCKS to make their return trip to Gainesville.

There will be blood. And bourbon. But, mainly blood.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wait a second. I thought you were at the UF game? Sounds like you’re telling us you were really in the stands at the South Carolina game. :)

“Go F yourself”, as it turns out, translates in multiple venues

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
“Go F yourself”, as it turns out, translates in multiple venues

I was referring (jokingly) to a video I saw today of a female giving her boyfriend an in-game hand job in the stands, supposedly at the USC game. Damned if I can’t find the video now, otherwise I’d post the link.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I would have taken some damn corndogs and shoved them in their damn instruments. Bush league move.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
Not the first time they’ve been to Ben Hill, so blasting during “We are the Boys” (which preceded the Tom Petty tribute) was totally without excuse.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I generally like LSU, their fans are party animals, and I like their style of football.

However, it's obvious the administration and people in authority are complete @$$holes.
Petty wasn't just some guy born here who left. People all through this community had interactions, friendships with him, and for people like me, he was a part of our time period iand lives n this area. Then their is family and long tme friends. One new account snarked, he only played twice at UF and was a groundskeeper here. Basiscally stating the tribute was disingenuous. The writer didn't understand that it wasn't about his relationship to UF, it is about his relationship to the people he touched for years in the area and our sense of loss.

Playing during the school song was rude, but disrespecting a memorial tribute to beloved part of the community who has died is beyond low.
There was a death, for pete's sale. They threw out routine basic human respect and used the event as an opportunity for game aggression. A**holes.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A**holes.

This ONE WORD sums up my feelings about lsu. My hatred for them has grown exponentially throughout the years. Dating back to the early to mid 80's when my father took me, my brother and our mother to Baton Rouge for a game. It was a great Gator victory... the QB threw the ball out of bounds to stop the clock... of course the clock operator let the clock run out.. the officials made them put 1 second back on the clock. We kicked a 40+ yard field goal to break the tie and win 16-13.

After the game their fans were screaming at us, throwing things at us... I remember my dad huddling us all together, as close as we could get, and put his arms around us, to protect us from those crazy, lunatic bastards. We went straight to the camper and locked the door! Dad always kept a gun, which my brother and I never ever even laid eyes on... but even he was so frazzled, he half expected some crazed fans to come and kick our door in or turn the camper over. Dad was locked and loaded that night and ready to protect the family. Let me say, he took us to just about EVERY SEC venue "and" the erector set in Tally for multiple occasions throughout my childhood...and we had NEVER had an experience like that... and never have again! Of course, we never went back to Baton Rouge either!

After the game we were listening to the radio and I remember one of their fans calling in and saying the lsu coach should be castrated for going for the tie at the end of the 4th quarter instead of the win..."Castrated"! I remember my brother (who was maybe 14) saying these azzholes are crazy!!! One of the only times my dad ever let either one is get away with cursing... he just replied, yup...and kept listening to the radio.

I hate that we had an incompetent Mac and Nuss offense that lost to those bastards on homecoming. I absolutely despise them.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Are those tiny handheld air horns allowed in death valley? In 2 years, I think every visiting Gator fan should bring 2 (one for each hand) to blast away during lswho’s end-of-3rd qtr “tradition.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator