LSU band deliberately plays over Petty tribute, then issues BS statement about it

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The more I think about it... the more I like it. Makes the rivalry better. Look how pissed off the fans got in the crowd. I love that. We need coaches to talk smack the way Spurrier used to (still does). What ever happened to "yes, we want to be beat the hell out of them and rip their hearts out!". That's basically what their band did. Neither of the football teams could do it by their performance.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't clear. What the poster of the video meant was he or she thought that particular video that showed the LSU band next to the Florida fans playing during the school song and into the Petty tribute should be sent to media to make public there rudeness. This video picks up the band sound very clearly, and you can hear what the fans around them heard.

Yes, it was not a surprise. Their Athletic dept and band had been informed and requested to not play during those 2 events, so they did because they're a**holes.
Ah ok...that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Been out flying around the country and every city I've stopped in people see my Gator lanyard and mention how cool the Petty tribute was. Oakland, Chicago, Grand Rapids, everybody saw that and loved it.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was mad about the game before I saw this clip. Now, I'm f--king steaming!

When I was at UF (92-96), the Swamp was an intimidating and dangerous place for other teams, their bands, their fans, and even their coaches' wives.

The Swamp isn't scary anymore. That needs to change. ASAP. Because of their AD's hurricane-stunt, we don't have to wait too long for LSUCKS to make their return trip to Gainesville.

There will be blood. And bourbon. But, mainly blood.

The Swamp isn't intimidating anymore because many of the pantywaist students don't even go to the games and the ones that do are looking at their phones most of the time. When my two sons attended, they treated football games like the most important activity of their college experience. They would be in the minority now even though they attended as recently as 2012.
I find it embarrassing to even mention The Swamp as a tough place to play anymore because it isn't.

Cut the student section in half NOW and offer the seats to the general public at the same price as the students. At least the big games will be sold out.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have a question, do they still sell drinks in those plastic cups, if so there is no excuse for the fans within throwing distance not to have pelted those stupid cajun a-holes with about 40000 cups.

I thought the same thing.
What has happened to Gator fans? Have we no pride anymore? Talk about disrespect for traditions, how could they not pelt the band?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator