LSU band deliberately plays over Petty tribute, then issues BS statement about it

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Petty wasn't just some guy born here who left. People all through this community had interactions, friendships with him, and for people like me, he was a part of our time period iand lives n this area. Then their is family and long tme friends. One new account snarked, he only played twice at UF and was a groundskeeper here. Basiscally stating the tribute was disingenuous. The writer didn't understand that it wasn't about his relationship to UF, it is about his relationship to the people he touched for years in the area and our sense of loss.

Playing during the school song was rude, but disrespecting a memorial tribute to beloved part of the community who has died is beyond low.
There was a death, for pete's sale. They threw out routine basic human respect and used the event as an opportunity for game aggression. A**holes.
wholeheartedly agree. Even if it was a tribute to a guy who cleaned out the damn toilets, it's disrespectful as hell to play over it.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I was referring (jokingly) to a video I saw today of a female giving her boyfriend an in-game hand job in the stands, supposedly at the USC game. Damned if I can’t find the video now, otherwise I’d post the link.
You sure it wasn't Mac and Nuss making halftime adjustments?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Life of the Cellar Dweller Gators... we have a Roger Dangerfield Coach... we get no respect

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I have decided to email the band director, the university president, and the Advocate. No way to directly email Aleva, although there is a phone number and you can email the athletic dept. He probably came up with the idea. To contact the Board of Regents you have to write an actual letter I think. Idiots can't tell the difference between college football rivalry and a community opportunity to deal with the sense of loss for a beloved member of the community who died a mere few days prior and to honor his memory.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
rodney-dangerfield-e1308841440991.jpg

What a stickler for accuracy BNA... ok, Rodney
:grin:

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member

Video of the LSU band playing over We are the Boys and into the tribute. In the comment section someone wrote we deserved it for what our AD did to them last year. I agree with the person who posted the video, that it would have been good to have gotten it out to sports media.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Video of the LSU band playing over We are the Boys and into the tribute. In the comment section someone wrote we deserved it for what our AD did to them last year. I agree with the person who posted the video, that it would have been good to have gotten it out to sports media.
I'm confused...the story was out in the media during the week. It wasn't a surprise.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I have a question, do they still sell drinks in those plastic cups, if so there is no excuse for the fans within throwing distance not to have pelted those stupid cajun a-holes with about 40000 cups.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

What exactly did foley do to lswho? He agreed to aleva’s terms by playing in br. I guess the fair thing would’ve been to agree we permanently play the game in br for all eternity???

That guy’s an idiot. Probably the average lswho fan.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have a question, do they still sell drinks in those plastic cups, if so there is no excuse for the fans within throwing distance not to have pelted those stupid cajun a-holes with about 40000 cups...
...full of piss.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
With these two teams, that was probably the most offensive thing in the stadium.

:rimshot:

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I'm confused...the story was out in the media during the week. It wasn't a surprise.
I wasn't clear. What the poster of the video meant was he or she thought that particular video that showed the LSU band next to the Florida fans playing during the school song and into the Petty tribute should be sent to media to make public there rudeness. This video picks up the band sound very clearly, and you can hear what the fans around them heard.

Yes, it was not a surprise. Their Athletic dept and band had been informed and requested to not play during those 2 events, so they did because they're a**holes.

Last edited:

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I have a question, do they still sell drinks in those plastic cups, if so there is no excuse for the fans within throwing distance not to have pelted those stupid cajun a-holes with about 40000 cups.
I thought I saw someone try to squirt something at the drum major who was laughing, according to a YT commenter who sat above the LSU band. And maybe a few paper items thrown after they stopped playing. There was a trooper or ACSO officer in front of the UF fans nearby.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
What exactly did foley do to lswho? He agreed to aleva’s terms by playing in br. I guess the fair thing would’ve been to agree we permanently play the game in br for all eternity???

That guy’s an idiot. Probably the average lswho fan.
I know. I assumed the guy meant Foley refused to play the game on the scheduled day. Either that or he's pissed about UF getting the game 2 years in a row to make up for accommodating them. And yes, they probably want to permanently play it there.

I think about how less than 24 hours prior to the game, when NHC said the storm was escalating to a cat 5 and moving more inland, and we were already about 7 miles from the area which could get hurricane force winds and was mostly water, and I was scrambling to see if it was too late to evacuate, which I was told it was for various reasons, one of which was they thought the storm was going to make strong winds earlier than predicted. And I was thinking how there had been no gas around here since 2 days before, and for days afterward , the empty shelves where water should be, and the mandate to stay off the roads, as well as the beach residents who were streaming in from the east on hwy 20 on Thurs and streaming back after.

I don't know what is in the water out there, but it messes with their common sense. Who knows what Aleva told them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator