LSU fires Les Miles

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Firing a guy in the middle of the season is like sending him on a long and wonderful paid vacation. We should all be so lucky.

Every coach that gets fired gets millions. I sure as hell don't ever feel bad for any of them.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Once LSU hires their real HC, can Ogrebuns return to OC ? How about some thoughts to
LSU hiring Brett Favre as HC? Sure wouldn't hurt recruiting. Brett is such a wildish spirit, he'd
probably wave any buyout fee ? Surely would put their program in a great spotlight every year?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"I hate that a man that's been as successful as Les Miles got fired before the end of the season. I have a ton of respect for the job that he did at LSU."

-Nick Saban today.
Translation:

When my time comes you bammers better not pull this crap on me.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
lol...

TOPIC-
Ed Orgeron vs all the other SEC coaches in a fight -Posted on 9/26/16 at 1:22 pm

One on One. Who you got?

Ed O, or the field?

I'm going with Ed O and his gravely voice and steely eyes. Didn't get a chance to check his knuckles tho...

-

The field, only bc Saban will stab him in the back while the other coaches distract him

---
Ed. He's big and, more importantly, nuts.

---

If it was a mini Coach O it might be a good fight. A full size coach O? They have no chance.
---

Either way, someone is losing a limb and perhaps getting their head bitten off when he and Muschamp go at it.

=

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...ll-the-other-sec-coaches-in-a-fight/65691865/

:lmao2:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
If Herman doesn't end up there it wouldn't surprise me if Jimbo ended up there.

God I hope they hire Jimbo...he's so overrated. On the other hand, once we get a quality coaching staff in place we should own FSU so long as Jimbo stays there, so it's really a tough choice on whether I want him to stay at FSU or go to LSU.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently it was Orgeron that fired Cameron, not "LSU".

That is interesting. Miles has been all class since this has been going on. He's a little too conservative on offense for my taste but he always has a great defense. He recruits well. I wonder if he wants HC gig or he ends up on harbaughs staff. I know Miles and Harbaugh's dad are close.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
lol...

TOPIC-
Ed Orgeron vs all the other SEC coaches in a fight -Posted on 9/26/16 at 1:22 pm

I'd think Muschamp would give him a run for his money. But Ed would win because Muschamp doesn't mount much offense.

Mac would come out guns a blazin, but then sit back and take it easy. When Mac does that Big O kicks the crap out of him.

Miles (yes I know he's not a coach anymore) would come out of know where with a chair and smash Orgeron over the head for the win.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
LSU's fate for years has been tied to not being able to recruit an SEC-good QB.
Probably, as a sophomore, Felipe Franks would have probably filled that bill, but Mac
stole him. I like Miles as a leader of young men. If he goes to U. of Michigan, they will
have a grass-eater and a booger eater.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
LSU's fate for years has been tied to not being able to recruit an SEC-good QB.
Probably, as a sophomore, Felipe Franks would have probably filled that bill, but Mac
stole him. I like Miles as a leader of young men. If he goes to U. of Michigan, they will
have a grass-eater and a booger eater.

Miles to Mich would be freaking unreal. Not sure Miles wants to be a subordinate after so many years in charge but damn...that's a staff if he does go. When Sarkisian takes over for Kiffin...watch out. Freaking Saban.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why would you be that afraid of Mullen Part 3?
Or is it Mike Sanford Part 4?

Meyer's OCs have been mediocre at best. The biggest reason they have failed is that they forget the key component of his success, go to a powerhouse school while its competition are down.

If Herman is paying attention, he will wait for USC to open up... Or something simliar to that. Creyer would never go to LSU while Saban was rolling. Creyer passed up his "Dream Job"at ND to go to UF while Bammer, Barn, Tinerc and Ugly were down.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Agree somewhat, Law. However, Herman got Houston rolling quickly. That win over Oklahoma wasn't luck. Didn't see their bowl win vs f$u, but I'm guessing that wasn't luck either. He appears to have "it." I wouldn't count on an easy win vs his team whether it was Houston or lsu. I've been wrong before, so take it for what it's worth.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You said the same thing about Boise and Peterson.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
If I did I don't remember. I haven't been paying close attention... Is he getting UW moving upward? Or are they middle of the pac-12?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
UW is ranked #10 I believe

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
19-12, in the PAC, while USC is terrible.

I guess is shouldnt surprise me. You pumps love every 19-12 coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.