These boys wanna be gators they need to go ahead and commit

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n127964 said:
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...player/evaluation/_/id/170853/jordan-scarlett

Vision/Patience
More of a one-cut and get North type of runner. Locates the downhill crease and hits it in a decisive style. Not a runner that is going to bounce and stretch for big gainers or make the sudden cut through tight seams.

BOTTOM LINE: Scarlett is a big, well-rounded RB who can handle high carries and be consistent with production. A bit tight through the hips at times, but is a back who will fit well in a downhill running scheme at the next level

Sounds like Matt Jones... Is that a good thing..

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Would love to have Ivey but I really want another disruptor on the d line.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
OL is the only thing that matters.

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
t-gator;n128531 said:
Guys committed to north Carolina and south Carolina were probably not receuited very hard by Florida. So maybe mclewain will be the new flipper.lol

Of course, it could also be said guys committed to Florida probably were not recruited by South Carolina!

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
We only have 7 recruits right now. I'd say we need to be expanding our recruiting pool as big as possible.

It might also get some of the guys (Ivey) to get off the fence and commit if coach starts offering other kids (like Pellage). He's telling kids get on now if you want to be a part of this thing or we're moving on. I think its a smart move on his part.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;128563 said:
In home visit with Ivey:

@LukeStampini: Guess where Jim McElwain is at? [video]http://t.co/GToqpYdqgJ[/video] via @247Sports

Looks like that was Jalen Merrick. Not Ivey.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n128493 said:
A kids living room would actually be a great place to break the news. Would probably call for an awkward car ride back to Gainesville tho :scratchchin:

Just leave the coach at the recruits house. Problem solved.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@DerekTysonESPN: Florida head coach Jim McElwain is set to visit Byron Cowart, Ray Ray McCloud and Auden Tate today. #Gators

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'd love to get one or two guys to commit to get things started, but I think he really needs a staff before he does that. I figure he will probably get the staff done during the dead period, but figures he can get as much face to face time with recruits now.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I assume the staff changes will come after the bowl game. No reason to fire a guy then make him work a few more weeks.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
williston_gator;n128750 said:
I assume the staff changes will come after the bowl game. No reason to fire a guy then make him work a few more weeks.

Foley fired Muschamp and then made him work a couple of more weeks. If I'm one of the assistants I want to know asap if I'm being retained or not so I can start planning my future. I think coach will give them that courtesy rather than make them wait.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only recruit that I think is a priority now (prior to dead period) is Tevon Coney. He's an EE. I like that he's seeing and calling all these guys...he needs to. Coney is the only EE i am aware of and LB is a huge need. Bring him in fast.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;128759 said:
Maybe he just hasn't decided yet, I dunno.

I don't see Roper or Durkin on any of these visits.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I know the current coaches recruited right up until McElwain had his press conference. Maybe he thinks his chances are best doing it by himself with the non committed ones until the dead period since he isn't 100% sure who his coaches will be as of now.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Until his staff is announced, it is best if he does what he can by himself. We do not know where the loyalities of the other members from the former staff really lay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator